• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

2 HDFC debit cards in a single account

lokeshp36

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I upgraded my Millenia debit card to Easyshop Platinum. I received it today and activated it and then did a 1rs transaction on Paytm.

I was thinking Millenia will stop working but I can also do transaction with Millennia.

I can see 2 debit cards in Netbanking also. does this mean both will keep working?

It will still be there. Do not worry.
CB is linked to the account at the back end not DC..
If you carefully observe, in the redeem CB rewards screen, you select "account number " first not DC..
Speaking from experience..
Have a good day
Just checked now that's true. Thanks brother.
You too have an good day.

Reactions: SSV
What happens to the cashback when card gets deactivated
Just checked now that's true. Thanks brother.
You too have an good day.

For those who want some clarity and some peace of mind about "what happens to my DC CB in HDFC after the closure of that particualr card after upgrading to another DC.. Nothing happens to it, it will still be there as it is linked to your Account Number not the DC number.. Here is the illustratoin:

1691291705228.png

For those who want some clarity and some peace of mind about "what happens to my DC CB in HDFC after the closure of that particualr card after upgrading to another DC.. Nothing happens to it, it will still be there as it is linked to your Account Number not the DC number.. Here is the illustratoin:

View attachment 25407
How do you get this yellow netbanking.....any trick for that?

I see some people mentioning upgrade from platinum to millenia, some mentioning upgrade from millenia to platinum. Which one is really an "upgrade"?

I guess it's rather an "update" to match individual spending patterns, is that right?
millenia -> online shopping or CC bill pay < 40K
platinum -> CC bill pay > 40K

I see some people mentioning upgrade from platinum to millenia, some mentioning upgrade from millenia to platinum. Which one is really an "upgrade"?

I guess it's rather an "update" to match individual spending patterns, is that right?
millenia -> online shopping or CC bill pay < 40K
platinum -> CC bill pay > 40K
Platinum is good for cc Billpay even under 40k. Plus point is cashback gets credited in just 2-3 days of txn as compared to 3 months in Millenia.

I have millennia debit card. It says 1% cashback even on wallet reloads. will i get 400 cashback if i load wallet by 40K ? ( and later transfer it back to my bank account for free ) .

Do you think HDFC can stop this offer of 1% cashback on wallet reload as its a easy money for someone with Paytm full KYC account holders ? 4800 Per year . BTW i have a salary preferred account so card is free for me without any annual charge.
Paytm has stopped wallet load using Debit card recently for many people. They'll implement this to masses soon. Then we'll only left with Amazon.

Platinum is good for cc Billpay even under 40k. Plus point is cashback gets credited in just 2-3 days of txn as compared to 3 months in Millenia.
I have a platinum currently but was thinking to update it to millenium because my monthly spend is below 40K and also it offers 2.5%cb on all online spends. I am now wondering if it's worth it though considering paytm is stopping debit card loads to wallet (as per above comments).

Also, I am getting this upgrade for free since I am HDFC classic customer. Would I again get the option to update/upgrade it to platinum for free in the future if I choose to do so?

Back