• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

A few questions about Axis Magnus Credit Card

Hello All,
I recently received Axis Magnus credit card. Just a few questions -

1. Gyftr Axis Edge seems too good to be true. Gift Cards like Myntra and many more are available at 10x reward points. So does that mean we get 60 points on every 100 Rs. Spent? If we change them into miles, we get an approx. 50 miles for every 100 Rs. Am I correct in my understanding? (this is not including the milestone benefit)
2. I will be travelling abroad soon and will have to make a few big transactions. Is it wise to use Magnus for international POS transactions outside India?(for the milestone benefit)
3. Can we trust Axis? I also have Infinia and they have always sincerely credited points. Is Axis the same? Can we make huge purchases trusting that after 4 months the bonus RPs will be credited? What has been everyone's experience?
Apologies, if these have been answered before!

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So this means if we start on Jan 1st 2023- 31st Jan 2023, the reward points should be credited by 30th April 2023. So Max we can get is 9 months in a calender year. I got my card in April 2023, so was wanted clarification.

Regarding utility bill payments - electricity is there a cap on the normal reward points?

Sometimes the customer care says you will get points as your card is Magnus and somtimes says you will not get points as they have been stopped. I have done transaction on 10 th April 2023 and not got the points on a utility bill till date.
Caps/limits are mentioned in the same link along with exclusions
Don't call CC, just email your query at the address given in my post

VibrantAnkur

TF Premier
I did 2 transactions on Marks & Spencer using Grabdeals but didn't receive any transaction recorded message. The 1st transaction was 2 weeks ago and the 2nd was 3 days ago. Has anyone else faced this issue lately with M&S? Would it be an issue later to claim the reward points without such a message? Thanks!

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
I did 2 transactions on Marks & Spencer using Grabdeals but didn't receive any transaction recorded message. The 1st transaction was 2 weeks ago and the 2nd was 3 days ago. Has anyone else faced this issue lately with M&S? Would it be an issue later to claim the reward points without such a message? Thanks!
For fk grab deal I usually get and for m&s never got but Edge Rewards given after 90 days

Reward Hunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You will get points for Utility payments. Where did you do the payment? Amazon (for sure you will get points), utility website (almost surely you will get points unless they are reporting the wrong MCC), other places (depends if it is treated as a wallet transaction or utility payment. If a wallet transaction then no point

I did payment on utility bill site. Have mailed them let's hope they reply.

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So this means if we start on Jan 1st 2023- 31st Jan 2023, the reward points should be credited by 30th April 2023. So Max we can get is 9 months in a calender year. I got my card in April 2023, so was wanted clarification.
I don’t quite get the point. Assuming monthly milestone remains intact forever, you will get your points eventually. First year you will get for 9 months, but next year you will get full 12 months and if you stop spending, you will get points in the last 3 months (post stopping spending) without spending anything

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
I don’t quite get the point. Assuming monthly milestone remains intact forever, you will get your points eventually. First year you will get for 9 months, but next year you will get full 12 months and if you stop spending, you will get points in the last 3 months (post stopping spending) without spending anything
Exactly the 3 months Miss of first year will be compensated at last 3 months once u stop using card but not closing card account

Riva

TF Premier
Instead of swiping the card internationally, if one buys a forex card of 1Lac, and loads the card using their magnus card, does this 1Lac spend count towards the points and milestone target?

Mr. Meseek

TF Buzz
2. If you can cross the milestone in transactions abroad then the milestone and regular reward points more than compensate for the forex charges. No other card can beat this as long as points are converted to miles.

Just an example (purely from my point of view) how i value 1 lakh spent abroad -

For 1 lakh spent abroad you will get 100000*12/200=6000 points
Milestone 25000 points
total 31000 points @ 5:4 = 24800 Miles. Even if miles are valued @70ps per mile (for eg vistara) (based on my previous redemptions)
24800* 0.70 = Rs17360
Forex charges on 1 lakh comes to 100000*2.18% = 2180

Net gain comes to 17360-2180=15180

which comes to a return of 15.18% which is unbeatable as of now.
Please advise on best way to get the mac value out of points accumulated. Any past experiences would be helpful.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230426_170513.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230426_170513.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 88

QUIKSILVER27

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Please advise on best way to get the mac value out of points accumulated. Any past experiences would be helpful.
This really depends on your travel goal.. Where and when you want to go.. Ideally for flight and hotel redemptions one or two months prior bookings will get you availability for award seats for flights and redemption nights at hotels.

For flights have personally used vistara and Singapore airlines through points (only taxes paid) for international destinations like Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Singapore.

In hotels the most value these days seems to be through Accor transfer - Where 2000 points is worth 40 euros.

Your 218638 points convert to 174910 airline/hotel points

One way Mumbai to Dubai is 16000CV points on Vistara

So assuming a family of 3 roundtrip = 32000*3=96000 cv points

Remaining 78000(rounded off) points in accor = 1560 euros worth = 140000 INR worth for stay (eg novotel, fairmont, swissotel range from 10k to 20k per night) Use totally depends on your choice, no of members, budget and no of nights you want to stay.
For lower budgets Accor has Ibis hotels (5k-9k)

So your points are enough for flight + stay for an international destination.

Still these are just examples. If you specify destination people will be able to advise you more specifically.

This is just from the very little experience that i have. Still learning everyday, specially from this forum and its awesome members.

There can be way better flight and hotel redemptions available that i am yet to discover. Just my 2 cents.

Attachments

• accor.png
    accor.png
    136.8 KB · Views: 41
  • mumbai to dubai award.png
    mumbai to dubai award.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 40