• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor Account hacked and 129393 Reward points used

my all accor account has been hacked and someone redeemed 129393 points at 3:30 am on 7th may , I immediately informed all accor team and they have ask to fill a disputed form.
Hacker used the points to book iphone 15 pro in gemanay address that cannot be cancelled.
I am worrying whether I will get my points back.
Any help in this regard is appreciated.
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 5.22.22 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 5.22.22 PM.jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 5.23.22 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 5.23.22 PM.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
From what I can read on the Net, Accor asks you to make a sworn statement, fill a form, investigates and credits points back. You have already made the sworn statement and filled the form I see. Hope they do the same for you too.

Not sure why they can't intervene in the iPhone 15 shipment since it shows as "Processing". If it is done from a third-party site using your Accor points, Accor should be able to stop the shipment since the third party site would be a partner. If you know what site it is, can you raise a fraud alert with them?

Did you have two factor authentication (2FA) enabled on your account? If not, please enable it now, not only on Accor but on any website where it is available.

Please keep us updated and all the best with this. Hoping for a happy resolution for you!

Nikhil jain

TF Buzz
From what I can read on the Net, Accor asks you to make a sworn statement, fill a form, investigates and credits points back. You have already made the sworn statement and filled the form I see. Hope they do the same for you too.

Not sure why they can't intervene in the iPhone 15 shipment since it shows as "Processing". If it is done from a third-party site using your Accor points, Accor should be able to stop the shipment since the third party site would be a partner. If you know what site it is, can you raise a fraud alert with them?

Did you have two factor authentication (2FA) enabled on your account? If not, please enable it now, not only on Accor but on any website where it is available.

Please keep us updated and all the best with this. Hoping for a happy resolution for you!
I told them to stop the process of delivery but they are saying investigating team is looking after this.

kushhh

TF Ace
Why do you have your passport copy attached here? Remove it now. Do you want your other things to be hacked as well?

I am being blunt here but seeing your carelessness I can understand why your account got hacked.
Passport copy is already blurred

Reactions: SSV

Riya

TF Ace
my all accor account has been hacked and someone redeemed 129393 points at 3:30 am on 7th may , I immediately informed all accor team and they have ask to fill a disputed form.
Hacker used the points to book iphone 15 pro in gemanay address that cannot be cancelled.
I am worrying whether I will get my points back.
Any help in this regard is appreciated.
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 5.22.22 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 5.22.22 PM.jpeg
Can't you cancel the order??

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How to enable 2fa on all accor?

My apologies, Nikhil. I searched and Google seemed to suggest Accor Live Limitless had 2FA. But I just logged into ALL and can't see 2FA. Once again, sorry for suggesting something that doesn't seem to exist.

Can't understand why a large hotel group doesn't have 2FA though, especially when their users are a target for threat actors as you have unfortunately faced.

sharad131

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Nikhil - Sorry to hear this. This is day light robbery. what channel did you used to inform Accor of this?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
No option to cancel the order.
My apologies, Nikhil. I searched and Google seemed to suggest Accor Live Limitless had 2FA. But I just logged into ALL and can't see 2FA. Once again, sorry for suggesting something that doesn't seem to exist.

Can't understand why a large hotel group doesn't have 2FA though, especially when their users are a target for threat actors as you have unfortunately faced.
I am not an Accor user..
Just expressing my personal views from common sense

1) Why can’t they enable 2FA, it is a very simple feature doesn’t cost much unless for some pressing business reason that I am not aware of
2) when people can use these points for purchase of general merchandise why can’t they implement strong security measures
3) when people are able to buy things from this app, why can’t they be able to cancel
4) where are security measures when the order is delivered to an overseas address when compared to ordinary residence address of the customer.. that too a non cancellable order…

All these show negligence of Accor or is it a wilful negligence to use up their points..

As I said all these views purely based on my personal opinion and had no Accor experience at all..

All Accor users think from this angle and raise your concerns to Accor , especially if it is targeted frequently…

I feel something is not right here

drsel

TF Legend
Nikhil I am so sorry to hear about this.
Did the hacker hack into your Accor account or did he reset the password by hacking into your email?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SSV