• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

old_monk

TF Buzz
Hi everyone,

First of all, sorry if this sounds like a noob question. Trying to make my first Accor booking and the amount of points its showing is insane and does not fit into the expected calculations (screenshot attached). Also wanted to know that since booking requires a partial payment to be made even if I make the payment using points, will I be able to pay for the remaining amount at the checkout including F&B and taxes?

accor.PNG

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

First of all, sorry if this sounds like a noob question. Trying to make my first Accor booking and the amount of points its showing is insane and does not fit into the expected calculations (screenshot attached). Also wanted to know that since booking requires a partial payment to be made even if I make the payment using points, will I be able to pay for the remaining amount at the checkout including F&B and taxes?
I don't think, just checked, it's the same

IMG_A686F8FE80B9-1.jpeg

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

It appears like that on iOS. On Android, it doesn't show the full points. It simply means that you can save up to that price using points.

SCR-20230726-oua.png

old_monk

TF Buzz
It appears like that on iOS. On Android, it doesn't show the full points. It simply means that you can save up to that price using points.

SCR-20230726-oua.png
That's precisely my problem how can ~40k Accor points translate to only Rs. 16,000?

old_monk

TF Buzz
For starters, what kinda title is that, gave me a heart attack.
Secondly like CMG said , it just shows total points and how much money you can save upto closest 2000 points
hahah sorry, did feel like a clickbait while typing 😅. I was shocked myself when I saw the value of Accor points since was expecting much higher
All hotels showing like this? It doesn't seem right.
In some hotels its showing a higher amount of saving, mostly around 50%, does this mean we can Pay only 50% using points?

old_monk

TF Buzz
Okay, tried going ahead just to see what happens and it does show actual value of points in the next steps. But shows can use maximum 8000 points for this booking. Is this usual? can we pay for the remaining amount at the checkout using points? or is that how it is, that in one booking you can pay a max of ~50% by points. should I email and ask them about this?
accor2.PNG

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Okay, tried going ahead just to see what happens and it does show actual value of points in the next steps. But shows can use maximum 8000 points for this booking. Is this usual? can we pay for the remaining amount at the checkout using points? or is that how it is, that in one booking you can pay a max of ~50% by points. should I email and ask them about this?
Yup, only in multiples of 2000 points. So if the remaining amount is less than around INR 3600 , you will have to pay at the hotel. (Some hotels allow 1000 points redemption; in such cases, while checking out, you can redeem 1000 points for 20 euros).

old_monk

TF Buzz
Yup, only in multiples of 2000 points. So if you have less than around INR 3600 , you will have to pay at the hotel. (Some hotels allow 1000 points redemption; in such cases, while checking out, you can redeem 1000 points for 20 euros).
got it, thank you so much. That was very helpful

Reactions: CMG

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
accor2.PNG
Bro you can only use points in multiples of 2000 rest you have to pay. 2000 pts=40 euros

old_monk

TF Buzz
also, are there any promo codes that can be used? there is an option to apply promo, or if there is a referral code that helps anyone

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
hahah sorry, did feel like a clickbait while typing 😅. I was shocked myself when I saw the value of Accor points since was expecting much higher

In some hotels its showing a higher amount of saving, mostly around 50%, does this mean we can Pay only 50% using points?
Best option is just call accor helpline and book. They can pay taxes also using points. Same price as app.

Otherwise, hotel redemption is always there.

old_monk

TF Buzz
Best option is just call accor helpline and book. They can pay taxes also using points. Same price as app.

Otherwise, hotel redemption is always there.
meaning if we book on the app, taxes cannot be paid using points or that'll happen at the checkout only?

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
meaning if we book on the app, taxes cannot be paid using points or that'll happen at the checkout only?
For your search (in THB), I think the app allows you to include taxes too when using points. Please check the final amount (including taxes and F&B taxes) and the points redeemed to get an idea about it.

old_monk

TF Buzz
For your search (in THB), I think the app allows you to include taxes too when using points. Please check the final amount (including taxes and F&B taxes) and the points redeemed to get an idea about it.
looks like it does include taxes. but not able to book without paying remaining by card, so I guess will have to call them to keep the remaining amount pending to club it with on premise expenses and pay together at the checkout

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
looks like it does include taxes. but not able to book without paying remaining by card, so I guess will have to call them to keep the remaining amount pending to club it with on premise expenses and pay together at the checkout
Are are booking flexible or saver?

old_monk

TF Buzz
just confirmed with them on phone, for saver remaining amount has to be prepaid and cannot be done at checkout. For flexi this option is available