• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor Refundable booking cancellation - Query

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hi can u guide me on how u took printout/pdf of accor booking for visa
You might have received a confirmation email. If you didn't, you can go to the booking section and resend it. You can also contact the property to obtain the reservation PDF, which will be on the hotel's letterhead.

TF Premier
You might have received a confirmation email. If you didn't, you can go to the booking section and resend it. You can also contact the property to obtain the reservation PDF, which will be on the hotel's letterhead.
Email print allowed??

aswathsm

TF Buzz
Email printout is huge and not concise...better to call the customer care of accor and ask for reservation voucher.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Has anyone tried booking a non refundable fare with credit card payment and later paid it using points and got refund in card? I don't see points option for one of the hotel for few rates in app.

I have asked Accor customer care and Hotel and they both confirmed that I can book it and pay using credit card and later after check-in get full refund. They have double confirmed on this.

Although, Accor plus customer care replied saying only flexible rates can be paid using points 😅. Even flexible one is not available for points option for this hotel though.

Not sure if something can still go wrong 😞.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Has anyone tried booking a non refundable fare with credit card payment and later paid it using points and got refund in card? I don't see points option for one of the hotel for few rates in app.

I have asked Accor customer care and Hotel and they both confirmed that I can book it and pay using credit card and later after check-in get full refund. They have double confirmed on this.

Although, Accor plus customer care replied saying only flexible rates can be paid using points 😅. Even flexible one is not available for points option for this hotel though.

Not sure if something can still go wrong 😞.
Email the property to book. Then, pay with points during check-in or checkout. Let them know that you will be paying via points and not to charge the card (a card guarantee is required; they will give you a form to fill out).

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Email the property to book. Then, pay with points during check-in or checkout. Let them know that you will be paying via points and not to charge the card (a card guarantee is required; they will give you a form to fill out).
I sent them. But this is the reply I got.

As it is a prepaid, nonrefundable rate, we would require the full payment via credit card to book the room as the option to pay with points is not valid for a prepaid rate. Once you check in, we can credit the full amount of points to your reservation which will pay for the room, as you need to be present at the hotel for us to credit the points. The amount paid by credit card, can be used for any incidentals or extras and the amount that remains we will refund at check out.

On checking further for double confirmation, they replied below.

You can indeed book the non-refundable Advanced Saver Rate through the app, paying the full amount with your credit card.

Once you are at the hotel, we will credit the full amount of points to cover the room. Once you check out, any remaining funds from your credit card payment will be refunded to you, taking into account that if you have any extras during your stay, this will be covered by the amount you have already paid.

Last edited:
Reactions: CMG

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I sent them. But this is the reply I got.

As it is a prepaid, nonrefundable rate, we would require the full payment via credit card to book the room as the option to pay with points is not valid for a prepaid rate. Once you check in, we can credit the full amount of points to your reservation which will pay for the room, as you need to be present at the hotel for us to credit the points. The amount paid by credit card, can be used for any incidentals or extras and the amount that remains we will refund at check out.

On checking further for double confirmation, they replied below.

You can indeed book the non-refundable Advanced Saver Rate through the app, paying the full amount with your credit card.

Once you are at the hotel, we will credit the full amount of points to cover the room. Once you check out, any remaining funds from your credit card payment will be refunded to you, taking into account that if you have any extras during your stay, this will be covered by the amount you have already paid.
Accor plus team is confusing me completely. When I said that hotel has proposed this booking and refund scheme, even then they insisted on flexible booking only. Although, technically it's Europe hotel, so not covered under Accor plus.

We might want to update you that the redemption of reward points for non-refundable reservations varies from one hotel to another.
According to the guidelines of our membership, reward points can only be used for refundable reservations.
It might be possible that the selected hotel is not accepting the reward points for online reservations.

We suggest you kindly make your reservation with the Flexible Booking option and burn your reward points while checking out from the hotel.

Thinking to just ignore their response and go ahead, as I have double confirmation from Accor customer care and Hotel reservation team. Just a small chance that they get some technical issue in refunding a non refundable booking, but Accor customer care seemed confident.

Reactions: CMG