• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor Refundable booking cancellation - Query

Stevie G

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I booked Accor refundable rooms using accor points for my europe trip for the sake of VISA.....now i got the visa, is it advisable to cancel the booking and now book non-refundable options in the same hotel so that i can save my Accor points...pls suggest

drsel

TF Legend
First find out if Accor points are refundable for a cancelled booking and then you can do it.

Also make sure that you choose the pay at hotel option so then even the taxes, food, beverage and transport services will be included in the bill.
Some Accor hotels allow you do pay the entire bill fully with points.
Please like if you appreciate my advice

Iceman632

TF Buzz
I made a non-refundable booking with Rixos Bodrum. The hotel apparently is closed during my reservation date and emailed me & Accor customer care saying they would not charge me the points & cash I used for the booking. Its been 4 days since this conversation happened, customer care has not been very responsive or committal to when these points would be refunded. Only getting a response that this is already escalated and being handled by another department.

Any leads to whom this can be escalated to? The Australian customer care number is useless and those guys are absolutely powerless to do anything.

drsel

TF Legend
I don't think there is any chance of getting Accor points refunded in a non refundable booking, even if there are natural calamities

drsel

TF Legend
Best option is to choose pay at hotel so you can include the taxes food beverage and the transport services in the bill and pay the whole bill only with points.
some hotels do allow it

Iceman632

TF Buzz
I don't think there is any chance of getting Accor points refunded in a non refundable booking, even if there are natural calamities
Well if the hotel is closed during my dates, they should have confirmed that during the booking stage right?

Iceman632

TF Buzz
Best option is to choose pay at hotel so you can include the taxes food beverage and the transport services in the bill and pay the whole bill only with points.
some hotels do allow it
I would have done that, was planning to use my remaining points for all of the other charges that would incur during my stay. I have been avoiding pay at the hotel because of the stories on Twitter of how people couldnt redeem points at check out and had to settle with cash.

drsel

TF Legend
I would have done that, was planning to use my remaining points for all of the other charges that would incur during my stay. I have been avoiding pay at the hotel because of the stories on Twitter of how people couldnt redeem points at check out and had to settle with cash.
Kindly elaborate on how & why people cannot redeem points at check out.
This is a serious matter.
If the hotel refuses to accept Accor points as payment for the room, food, transport, etc;
It amounts to a default on the part of the hotel

Iceman632

TF Buzz
If the hotel refuses to accept Accor points as payment for the room, food, transport, etc;
Though i would love to, there are twitter threads on issues that the customers faced during check out. OTPs, account lockouts as far as I remember - i don't want that stress when I am vacationing abroad.

No response from customer care on a hotel refusing reservation and working with no ETAs also qualifies as a serious matter in my books. I'd really appreciate if anyone here can help with contacts in Accor who can help resolve this.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Server issues. That's why it is recommended to burn the points during check in.

drsel

TF Legend
Server issues. That's why it is recommended to burn the points during check in.
So you recommend burning points (as late as) at checkin and not while making the advance booking?

Can we include all taxes while paying in advance or at check in ?

Last edited:

sankar7000

TF Buzz
How do I know if ibis Mumbai Airport can be used to book through points? Can someone please confirm if this can be booked through accor points?

drsel

TF Legend
Since Accor hotels including Ibis are overpriced to the extent of 100% compared to other similar hotels in the exact same location,
I would value the Accor points at 90 paisa and not 1.80
This holds true for hotels in India and Europe

Kingcobra

TF Neo
Hi,
I would like to know the following:

The properties that i am looking for show online redemption of points for non-refundable rate also.
So, i am confused if should burn them online or at property.

1) if i choose non-refundable price with pay at property, will i be able to add all further services availed and pay with points by removing the charge on my card?

2) will my stay count for status nights if i burn points either while booking online or pay at hotel through points?

Your info regarding this will be highly appreciated and make my booking process easier.

Thank you

drsel

TF Legend
Hi,
I would like to know the following:

The properties that i am looking for show online redemption of points for non-refundable rate also.
So, i am confused if should burn them online or at property.

1) if i choose non-refundable price with pay at property, will i be able to add all further services availed and pay with points by removing the charge on my card?

2) will my stay count for status nights if i burn points either while booking online or pay at hotel through points?

Your info regarding this will be highly appreciated and make my booking process easier.

Thank you
1) Yes
2) no in both cases

Thomas244

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I booked Accor refundable rooms using accor points for my europe trip for the sake of VISA.....now i got the visa, is it advisable to cancel the booking and now book non-refundable options in the same hotel so that i can save my Accor points...pls suggest
Hi can u guide me on how u took printout/pdf of accor booking for visa