• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Add on card offer (sbi Card)

NTT

TF Buzz
Another funny thing is that your primary card number also get change. You will get two cards (primary and addon) when you apply for add on card
So as guessed by @Strange above like with Mastercard your Rupay card changed (forced changed) your primary card number too.

Did I read that right ?

If that is the case I wonder what happens with SBI card Accounts in CIBIL.

NTT

TF Buzz
SBI Card will report a new account in the CIBIL with same old account opening date and old card account will closed your CIBIL.
I don't know how "Sure" you are about this. However,

if this is based on your own "experience" or you know the Practice of SBI card officially (by any source/reason)

Then.. one curiosity is:

Doesn't it affect the credit history (average life) of SBI card customer? If new Account is opened?

The only Saving thing seems to be what you said as:

"Card opening Date remains Same as that of Old"

Am I getting it right.?

Strange

TF Legend
I don't know how "Sure" you are about this. However,

if this is based on your own "experience" or you know the Practice of SBI card officially (by any source/reason)

Then.. one curiosity is:

Doesn't it affect the credit history (average life) of SBI card customer? If new Account is opened?

The only Saving thing seems to be what you said as:

"Card opening Date remains Same as that of Old"

Am I getting it right.?
I am just sharing my experience and SBI does this thing with everyone.

It won't affect your credit history as reissued card account opening date will be same as your old card account.

Last edited:

NTT

TF Buzz
They are doing this for entry level cards like SimplyClick.
This is not getting clearer with every coming comments by members here.

Don't think these things (alerting card number) can be done as per card level (entry, mid and premium).

That has to be either Yes with every card level or no for every card level.

With different card networks(Visa, Matter card, Rupay) of same bank there can still be rationale for change in how things work out, but not within same card network.

Strange

TF Legend
This is not getting clearer with every coming comments by members here.

Don't think these things (alerting card number) can be done as per card level (entry, mid and premium).

That has to be either Yes with every card level or no for every card level.

With different card networks(Visa, Matter card, Rupay) of same bank there can still be rationale for change in how things work out, but not within same card network.
I'm just sharing my experience.

They reissued my primary card last year when I applied for two add-on cards for my SimplyClick Mastercard.

Recently, I applied for a new add-on card for my SimplyClick Mastercard again, and this time they reissued my existing primary card along with the existing two add-on cards.

I think SBI wants to waste their money by reissuing our credit cards. 🤣

If you want to know why they are doing it for specific cards and only Mastercard cards, then contact SBI Card support for details.

FYI: SBI Cards operates in their own way; they are not going to follow your logic.

My old post

Similar issue reported by other members

NTT

TF Buzz
I'm just sharing my experience.

They reissued my primary card last year when I applied for two add-on cards for my SimplyClick Mastercard.

Recently, I applied for a new add-on card for my SimplyClick Mastercard again, and this time they reissued my existing primary card along with the existing two add-on cards.

I think SBI wants to waste their money by reissuing our credit cards. 🤣

If you want to know why they are doing it for specific cards and only Mastercard cards, then contact SBI Card support for details.

FYI: SBI Cards operates in their own way; they are not going to follow your logic.

My old post

Similar issue reported by other members
Very Strange.. but then not very Surprising.

We Lack and miss Quick redressal Mechanism in our country and lack of willingness on regulators' (arising out of society's in general) part for deterrent punishment on institutional misdeeds/negligence. Class suit actions could help.

newinnov

TF Premier
Very Strange.. but then not very Surprising.

We Lack and miss Quick redressal Mechanism in our country and lack of willingness on regulators' (arising out of society's in general) part for deterrent punishment on institutional misdeeds/negligence. Class suit actions could help.
Class action won't help there are some foreign banks which replace cards every year, citi used to do it too for HNI customers.