• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Address confusion while applying for credit card

Bob78900

TF Ace
Guys! My friend who lives in Chandigarh wants to apply for a card but he have a permanent address of delhi in his all documents like aadhar etc. So what address should he write while applying for card. I have seen sometimes we don't get tha option to enter permanent address and communication address. So the question is what address should he write. Chandigarh or delhi one? He wants to receive card at his Chandigarh address.he lives in a hostel he don't have permanent address there🤡

Guys! My friend who lives in Chandigarh wants to apply for a card but he have a permanent address of delhi in his all documents like aadhar etc. So what address should he write while applying for card. I have seen sometimes we don't get tha option to enter permanent address and communication address. So the question is what address should he write. Chandigarh or delhi one? He wants to receive card at his Chandigarh address.he lives in a hostel he don't have permanent address there🤡
He should give Chandigarh current address proof alongwith identity proof and address proof. So both of the addresses will b updated in cibil. Some banks ask rental agreement or any other supporting documents for current address. In my case BOB took current address document alongwith Aadhaar card. IndusInd bank didn't ask current address document. Axis Bank also didn't ask for current address document. So it varies on bank to bank.

He should give Chandigarh current address proof alongwith identity proof and address proof. So both of the addresses will b updated in cibil. Some banks ask rental agreement or any other supporting documents for current address. In my case BOB took current address document alongwith Aadhaar card. IndusInd bank didn't ask current address document. Axis Bank also didn't ask for current address document. So it varies on bank to bank.
Hostel dont give rental agreement also he don't have any address proof of Chandigarh

I would say apply with permanent address if someone lives in that address like parents or so.
There are 2 reasons for this.
1. Application will be smooth since you have a valid address proof and someone at home to verify you belong from there. If someone comes from physical address verification, just ask your parents to tell them you have gone out for a while.

2. Its annoying to change the communication address later on. And if its a hostel or so, you will move out in a year or 2 or 3. And when the card expires or you get a upgrade they will keep sending it to your hostel address.

I would say apply with permanent address if someone lives in that address like parents or so.
There are 2 reasons for this.
1. Application will be smooth since you have a valid address proof and someone at home to verify you belong from there. If someone comes from physical address verification, just ask your parents to tell them you have gone out for a while.

2. Its annoying to change the communication address later on. And if its a hostel or so, you will move out in a year or 2 or 3. And when the card expires or you get a upgrade they will keep sending it to your hostel address.
But in second case he can update the communication address.
Now a days vkyc is done so for that we have to enable the location and they can easily track our current location yes here we can use fake gps and all. And for physical verification person should be there 🥲

But in second case he can update the communication address.
Now a days vkyc is done so for that we have to enable the location and they can easily track our current location yes here we can use fake gps and all. And for physical verification person should be there 🥲
VKYC is not really a problem I believe. I had applied for BOB CC with my home address in Kerala and I took the VKYC from Bangalore.
I did not face any rejections for this.
Also we don't need to over estimate the capabilities for our bank softwares... We all know how it works :LOL:

Updating communication address is not very straight forward from my experience. It varies from bank to bank and can get annoying :P
And for updating communication address you need to have govt ID proof.

if you apply credit cards with multiple address then your cibil will be goes down. Cibil consider it as a inconsistent profile, so keep that in mind and apply

U should raise dispute at Cibil and ur bank as well if the addresses don't belong to u. The same can be removed.
I did the same but cibil told me to contact icici bank and icici bank asked for all details and cibil report. But they didn't fix anything. Same in another case my Father's name is wrong again did the same process cibil told me to contact bank. Contacted the bank they said we cannot change father's name

Does anyone know when HDFC no cost EMI (not via CC) is reported to Cibil?

EMI was deducted on 5th May. EMI duration is 8 months.

(No generic answers please, I'm looking for a specific answer)
It is reported next month after the emi deduction month. No worries..and eventually between 6th to 10th emi will be updated There on.

I did the same but cibil told me to contact icici bank and icici bank asked for all details and cibil report. But they didn't fix anything. Same in another case my Father's name is wrong again did the same process cibil told me to contact bank. Contacted the bank they said we cannot change father's name
Recently icici did the same with me and cibil also said same . I said leave it why fight! They have shown my home address as some industries 🤭

Back