• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Air Miles redemption via edgerewards

nishank

TF Select
I am trying to identify the best airmile transfer partner available with Axis edge portal. I have tried to identify the most cost effective miles redemption value as I have reserve card and have received 50,000 points which I want to extract the full value.

1. Aeroplan - Doesnt show up any flights
2. Flying Blue - Not yet registered
3. ShebaMiles - Tried to register but email confirmation doesnt come. Hence no clues whether airmiles are cost effective
4. Etihad Guest - Seems to be expensive
5. JAL Mileage Bank - Doesnt allow booking before 60 days. Even after that the surcharges are very high
6. Qantas Frequent Flyer - The miles requirement are quite high
7. Privilege Club - The surcharges are very high although the mile requirements is low. Doesnt show up availability without adding miles
8. KrisFlyer - Seems to be best option for visit to South east Asia
9. Royal Orchid Plus - Doesnt show up availability without adding miles. As per reviews miles are expensive
8. KrisFlyer - Seems to be best option for visit to South east Asia
10. Turkish Miles and Smiles - Seems to be best option for visit to Europe
11. United MileagePlus - Allround best option as easy to search flights and low surcharges
12. Airasia rewards - Doesnt show miles requirement. Contact CC multiple times
13. Vistara - I guess its stopped
14. Spicejet -Very expensive miles.

Please do feel to correct the above list and guide the better options as I am newbie and would be using miles first time in life. I am looking to book from perspective of economy class and not business class as I am budget traveler and travel with my spouse.
If there are any other options for redemption do let me know.

If i am in wrong post or its a duplicate post please guide as well.
Feel free to post any good offer running for redemption

Last edited:

Tirajat

TF Select
Taxes are obnoxious on TK metal, and booking on *A is buggy (and unpredictable) - it has slipped from one of the top notch programs to a very mediocre one. A case in point - I was recently looking to book a business class flight from IST to SIN. TK is 105k miles with ~Rs.23000/- taxes. Same route on SQ is 56k miles with one fourth tax amount. Finally booked with Qatar(Avios) using 70k miles and ~INR 17k taxes.

stallion

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Taxes are obnoxious on TK metal, and booking on *A is buggy (and unpredictable) - it has slipped from one of the top notch programs to a very mediocre one. A case in point - I was recently looking to book a business class flight from IST to SIN. TK is 105k miles with ~Rs.23000/- taxes. Same route on SQ is 56k miles with one fourth tax amount. Finally booked with Qatar(Avios) using 70k miles and ~INR 17k taxes.
TK is great for Y . I recently travelled a PRA-BOM in TK metal for 17k + 60 euro taxes (Y). Revenue rate was 54k

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
TK is great for Y . I recently travelled a PRA-BOM in TK metal for 17k + 60 euro taxes (Y). Revenue rate was 54k

TK metal is turkish???? and what is Y ?

Tirajat

TF Select
Perhaps. It is of course a personal choice, but one learning after a decade of collecting miles (started with Jet co-branded cards followed by Premier Miles and Prestige) from CCs is that the use of such miles has to be aspirational (J or F). I care less about absolute $$ saved, but experiencing a product which I otherwise can't afford, but becomes accessible thanks to miles. But like I said, different people will have different perceptions!

SSSandy

TF Buzz
Perhaps. It is of course a personal choice, but one learning after a decade of collecting miles (started with Jet co-branded cards followed by Premier Miles and Prestige) from CCs is that the use of such miles has to be aspirational (J or F). I care less about absolute $$ saved, but experiencing a product which I otherwise can't afford, but becomes accessible thanks to miles. But like I said, different people will have different perceptions!
Apply the same logic, for someone who didn't plan a trip in the first place, getting a free flight itself becomes an accessible aspiration ;)