• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Air sbi signature credit card positive review

nihalvaskar

TF Buzz
Finally my air india SBI signature credit card card has started rewarding me after lot of hurdles.
It's a very complicated card I'll write in details step by step
Had sbi simply save credit card My first credit card which I got in March 23 last year. That time my SBI card was rejected because I had no other credit card. But their sales person was in touch with me as soon as my simply save card was 6month old got a call from their guy that you were interested in sbi air india signature credit card and I said yes and after applying got the card In late August.
Let's get to the card.
Now I'm pro on this card there's not much information avaible I have gained from my experience even their customer care people have no idea about this card benefits.
Now whoever is planing to get this card for just joining benefits and will closed or downgrade next year please drop your plan. To avai joining benefits itself you have to complete tasks as following.
1) you should have fly atleast one flight in your air india ffp
Then only you can reedem your points luckily I had 4 flights activity mum-delhi and delhi to Kathmandu and same for the return. And to book flights for friend and family members you should have atleast 5 flights in your name. And I travelled again mumbai to Delhi and Jammu and return route also the same so now I have 8 flights in my air india frequent flyer program.
2) Now let's talk about the reward points. You don't immediately get the reward points like the other credit card (I also have axis atlas) I got 5000 edge miles first month itself after paying joining fees. Sbi charged me joining fees in Feb24 and I received 20000 points in my sbi account and you have to call them every time to transfer the points in your air india ffp.
3) You get 4 reward point on every 100 spent except for fuel and wallet and utilities
And now the best part and complicated part 30 reward point for card holder for every 100 spent on air india website and app. And 10 reward points for evry 100 spent for friends and family. For milestone you get 20000 points on spending 5 lacs, 30000 points on spending 10lacs and 50000 points on spending 20 lacs so only five lakhs is achievable in most cases.
4)While applying the card I didn't knew I have to mention our existing Air India ffp no
So I got card with different no I was worried then called their executive and got my ffp linked to my card. Still I was sceptical about this card after hearing lot of negative reviews about this card. And was new to credit card game as this was my first travel credit card.
5) Now I had booked tickets for first time me and my friends from my card for North India trip which was around 75000 for 3 tickets so I was supposed to get somewhere 12500 points which resulted to one mumbai delhi ticket. After all the devaluation on credit cards around 9 to 10% reward rate was best. And you get reward points after 45 days of transaction. I waited for 500days but got nothing and from there I also started feeling negative about this card after relentlessly emails exchange for almost 50 days I got points from sbi last week thus writing the review.
6)Things started getting better in mid March received 20000 joining points and 15000 points accumulated by spend were also lying in my sbi rewards so transferred 35000 points in my air india frequent flyer program. And got good news again in late April after Tatas take over last year they made changes in air india frequent flyer program and were I was supposed to spend 10020 points for one mumbai to Delhi tickets now I need only 5000 points for one mumbai to Delhi tickets results one mumbai to Delhi round trip for my 75000 rs spent I was getting value of 12-13000 rs which is reward rate of 17-18% which is rare nowdays. I'm putting mumbai - delhi route just for reference you can to anywhere you want in the world as air india has a good connectivity everywhere. I was over the moon after my points were settled
7) for 30 reward points per 100 rupees you need to have your ffp no printed on yor flight tickets and there no retro claim or settlement for that points. I was also negative about this card till last week but just after my claim settlement came in. I have started other plans me and my friend is going to visit japan by air india and I am going to received 30000 points from that which is about 3 mumbai delhi return flights one mumbai to Dubai flight or one mumbai to Bangkok return flight in economy by just paying 5000-6000 INR.
8)would not recommend for any person other than air india frequent flier because you need minimum 10000points to transfer that comes to 2.5lacs on other spends not much rewarding. Only on air india you received reward from 10% to 25%.
9)I was new to credit card game but within a year I have a free ticket of mumbai to Iondon return direct flight which retails for 80000 to one lac rs already gave over 60000 airmiles by smartly clubbing 10000 axis edge miles to 20000 air india points I'm going to received more 20000 air india miles by achieving the 5lacs spending threshold soon I will have over a l00000 points from which I can take a return trip to London from Mumbai for 70000 points if booked months ahead and 36000 points for mumbai to Bangkok trip or 24 flights on mumbai to Delhi route 😎
feel free to ask me anything about this card

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240323_001613_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20240323_001613_Samsung Notes.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Finally my air india SBI signature credit card card has started rewarding me after lot of hurdles.
It's a very complicated card I'll write in details step by step
Had sbi simply save credit card My first credit card which I got in March 23 last year. That time my SBI card was rejected because I had no other credit card. But their sales person was in touch with me as soon as my simply save card was 6month old got a call from their guy that you were interested in sbi air india signature credit card and I said yes and after applying got the card In late August.
Let's get to the card.
Now I'm pro on this card there's not much information avaible I have gained from my experience even their customer care people have no idea about this card benefits.
Now whoever is planing to get this card for just joining benefits and will closed or downgrade next year please drop your plan. To avai joining benefits itself you have to complete tasks as following.
1) you should have fly atleast one flight in your air india ffp
Then only you can reedem your points luckily I had 4 flights activity mum-delhi and delhi to Kathmandu and same for the return. And to book flights for friend and family members you should have atleast 5 flights in your name. And I travelled again mumbai to Delhi and Jammu and return route also the same so now I have 8 flights in my air india frequent flyer program.
2) Now let's talk about the reward points. You don't immediately get the reward points like the other credit card (I also have axis atlas) I got 5000 edge miles first month itself after paying joining fees. Sbi charged me joining fees in Feb24 and I received 20000 points in my sbi account and you have to call them every time to transfer the points in your air india ffp.
3) You get 4 reward point on every 100 spent except for fuel and wallet and utilities
And now the best part and complicated part 30 reward point for card holder for every 100 spent on air india website and app. And 10 reward points for evry 100 spent for friends and family. For milestone you get 20000 points on spending 5 lacs, 30000 points on spending 10lacs and 50000 points on spending 20 lacs so only five lakhs is achievable in most cases.
4)While applying the card I didn't knew I have to mention our existing Air India ffp no
So I got card with different no I was worried then called their executive and got my ffp linked to my card. Still I was sceptical about this card after hearing lot of negative reviews about this card. And was new to credit card game as this was my first travel credit card.
5) Now I had booked tickets for first time me and my friends from my card for North India trip which was around 75000 for 3 tickets so I was supposed to get somewhere 12500 points which resulted to one mumbai delhi ticket. After all the devaluation on credit cards around 9 to 10% reward rate was best. And you get reward points after 45 days of transaction. I waited for 500days but got nothing and from there I also started feeling negative about this card after relentlessly emails exchange for almost 50 days I got points from sbi last week thus writing the review.
6)Things started getting better in mid March received 20000 joining points and 15000 points accumulated by spend were also lying in my sbi rewards so transferred 35000 points in my air india frequent flyer program. And got good news again in late April after Tatas take over last year they made changes in air india frequent flyer program and were I was supposed to spend 10020 points for one mumbai to Delhi tickets now I need only 5000 points for one mumbai to Delhi tickets results one mumbai to Delhi round trip for my 75000 rs spent I was getting value of 12-13000 rs which is reward rate of 17-18% which is rare nowdays. I'm putting mumbai - delhi route just for reference you can to anywhere you want in the world as air india has a good connectivity everywhere. I was over the moon after my points were settled
7) for 30 reward points per 100 rupees you need to have your ffp no printed on yor flight tickets and there no retro claim or settlement for that points. I was also negative about this card till last week but just after my claim settlement came in. I have started other plans me and my friend is going to visit japan by air india and I am going to received 30000 points from that which is about 3 mumbai delhi return flights one mumbai to Dubai flight or one mumbai to Bangkok return flight in economy by just paying 5000-6000 INR.
8)would not recommend for any person other than air india frequent flier because you need minimum 10000points to transfer that comes to 2.5lacs on other spends not much rewarding. Only on air india you received reward from 10% to 25%.
9)I was new to credit card game but within a year I have a free ticket of mumbai to Iondon return direct flight which retails for 80000 to one lac rs already gave over 60000 airmiles by smartly clubbing 10000 axis edge miles to 20000 air india points I'm going to received more 20000 air india miles by achieving the 5lacs spending threshold soon I will have over a l00000 points from which I can take a return trip to London from Mumbai for 70000 points if booked months ahead and 36000 points for mumbai to Bangkok trip or 24 flights on mumbai to Delhi route 😎
feel free to ask me anything about this card
Do we get points for tax payment on this card?

desaik231

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hey,
I am the guy whom you mentioned not to take card. Just here for welcome benifit 😅

I am ok to book one flight from air india ffp website as long as I am getting to use 20k points. As Mumbai to Bangalore is 4000 points which is like 5 flights for me!

Is there any other catch apart from point transfer charge of 99 rs and book one ticket from ffp?

Also what about airport taxes we have to still pay them right?

drsel

TF Legend
The Air India points are worth around 33 paisa from what I remember.
The revenue flight is 2850 and the taxes --that you can tell me

Andy1

TF Premier
Still fighting for reward points after 80 days,
Avoid this card at all costs. SBI is pathetic.

• Haha
Reactions: SSV

nihalvaskar

TF Buzz
The Air India points are worth around 33 paisa from what I remember.
The revenue flight is 2850 and the taxes --that you can tell me
Points value depends on alot of factor. I mean the earliest you book the better value you get for non stop mumbai to London return it over 80000 INR and if book in advance with points it 70000-78000 points.

Reactions: SSV

nihalvaskar

TF Buzz
Hey,
I am the guy whom you mentioned not to take card. Just here for welcome benifit 😅

I am ok to book one flight from air india ffp website as long as I am getting to use 20k points. As Mumbai to Bangalore is 4000 points which is like 5 flights for me!

Is there any other catch apart from point transfer charge of 99 rs and book one ticket from ffp?

Also what about airport taxes we have to still pay them right?
Then you can go for the card. Just create air india ffp and while applying mention that no.

drsel

TF Legend
Points value depends on alot of factor. I mean the earliest you book the better value you get for non stop mumbai to London return it over 80000 INR and if book in advance with points it 70000-78000 points.
78000 points plus around Rs. 20000 airport fees and taxes.
But you should see what is the lowest Mumbai London return fare on any airline, in order to compare correctly.

For advance booking, you get Mumbai London return tickets for 50000 on other Airlines, so Air India point value is obviously below 50 paisa

pizza99

TF Neo
I have been having Air India FFP membership since 2022 and have taken 5+ flights since then. I got approval for Air India Signature card last week. I had not given my FFP number at the time of application. How do I link my FFP membership with this card ? Also, since I have taken 5+ flights already on my FFP prior to my application for credit card, can I transfer & redeem points from credit card ? Your guidance will be appreciated. Thanks.

drsel

TF Legend
I have been having Air India FFP membership since 2022 and have taken 5+ flights since then. I got approval for Air India Signature card last week. I had not given my FFP number at the time of application. How do I link my FFP membership with this card ? Also, since I have taken 5+ flights already on my FFP prior to my application for credit card, can I transfer & redeem points from credit card ? Your guidance will be appreciated. Thanks.
How do I link my FFP with this card ? --
Phone customer care.

Also, since I have taken 5+ flights already on my FFP prior to my application for credit card, can I transfer & redeem points from credit card--
No, only flights after the card is activated and the joining fees paid will be considered

nihalvaskar

TF Buzz
Phone customer care.

Also, since I have taken 5+ flights already on my FFP prior to my application for credit card, can I transfer & redeem points from credit card--
No, only flights after the card is activated and the joining fees paid will be considered
But you should see what is the lowest Mumbai London return fare on any airline, in order to compare correctly.

For advance booking, you get Mumbai London return tickets for 50000 on other Airlines, so Air India point value is obviously below 50 paisa
Direct flights are always priced premium but you have valid points too and additional charges are around 3000 not 20000.
Phone customer care.

You can not activate the randonmly given ffp no Sbi guys are also clueless about that so they link your existing ffp for 2222 points. And you can book flights with that point you precious flights are counted.
You can not activate the randonmly given ffp no Sbi guys are also clueless about that so they link your existing ffp for 2222 points. And you can book flights with that point you precious flights are counted.

nihalvaskar

TF Buzz

Direct flights are always priced premium so the price is justified
And you have valid points too. It's too much hassle and I have attached screenshot for airport fees and taxes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240430_134514_Air India.jpg
    Screenshot_20240430_134514_Air India.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 14

msk1437

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi

"Name on ffp account and card holder account should exactly match"

I have middle name in my cc application but there's no middle name in air india ffp so it was included in first name. Would that cause an issue?

nihalvaskar

TF Buzz
Hi

"Name on ffp account and card holder account should exactly match"

I have middle name in my cc application but there's no middle name in air india ffp so it was included in first name. Would that cause an issue?
Yes it should match I was also scared but my tickets and card had same name embossed but if your name name on ffp is different you can edit from air india app and update it.

Trio

TF Buzz
This card is good if you are a single traveller as availlability of redemption tickets in AI is not good.Actually you end up paying more if you are a family travelling together and can only redeem 2 Eco tickets or 1 Business class tickets in most Airindia flights.Rest revenue tickets have to be bought at prices higher than other carriers in international routes.Was holding the card for almost more than 5-6 yrs.

pizza99

TF Neo
I received the card with a new ffp number embossed below my name. I called customer care and told them to update my existing ffp number with my card. They told me that 2200 points would be deducted. Still awaiting the linkage & deduction of points. I was wondering once the linkage is complete, should I order a new card with my updated ffp number embossed on it ?
Also since I have also ordered 2 addon cards, will it make any difference incase the primary card number gets changed if I order a new primary card ?