• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airport lounge access on a recently activated ICICI Sapphiro

Hello everyone
Today I activated my Sapphiro CC, that I got LTF under the alumni campaign from ICICI. I wanted to know if I can use it for a free lounge access for my upcoming flight next week.

The rule states that 4 complimentary access will be provided on the condition that there was a minimum spend of Rs. 5000 in the previous quarter.
1689097221173.png
3 questions:
  1. (A dumb question) What is a quarter here? Financial quarter like April-June, July-September etc., or three months from the card activation date? It's probably the former, but just confirming.
  2. (Another dumb question) Since there was no previous quarter for me, does that mean no free access in this one? I think the answer is yes, but still, to be sure.
  3. Can I use my ICICI Platinum Visa DC for access? I can't find anything concrete on this one. I can see that the Wealth Management Platinum DC has lounge access in the listed benefits. Does anyone know if it is also there for the normal blue looking one?
Thank you!

Hello everyone
Today I activated my Sapphiro CC, that I got LTF under the alumni campaign from ICICI. I wanted to know if I can use it for a free lounge access for my upcoming flight next week.

The rule states that 4 complimentary access will be provided on the condition that there was a minimum spend of Rs. 5000 in the previous quarter.
View attachment 22370
3 questions:
  1. (A dumb question) What is a quarter here? Financial quarter like April-June, July-September etc., or three months from the card activation date? It's probably the former, but just confirming.
  2. (Another dumb question) Since there was no previous quarter for me, does that mean no free access in this one? I think the answer is yes, but still, to be sure.
  3. Can I use my ICICI Platinum Visa DC for access? I can't find anything concrete on this one. I can see that the Wealth Management Platinum DC has lounge access in the listed benefits. Does anyone know if it is also there for the normal blue looking one?
Thank you!
2. You will get free access in first calendar quarter.

Hello everyone

View attachment 22370
3 questions:
Thank you!
Naye card pe shayad first month inclusive hota hai. Phir bhi ek baar check kar lena. Not fully sure.

Hello everyone

View attachment 22370
3 questions:
Thank you!
Spend 5000 before your travel, and your quarter will start I guess

I have seen one video on YT of channel @ANNADM he told only whenever you complete your spend of 5000 the next quarter starts after that next days (for 03 months).

Don't sure though.

Thank you everyone for the replies. I guess I will call the customer care and confirm these myself. Sometimes these representatives are not sure themselves, so I thought I will ask the experts here first.

I have used ICICI saphiro LTF to get free access in domestic lounge in first quarter without spending 5k... Technically it was the 2nd quarter but still my first month of activation as I received the card on 22nd June but I used the card for lounge in first week of July. I used at Pune and Mumbai and it worked at both places..

I emailed the customer care, here's the reply:
1689248284687.png

So for the two quarters after card activation, there is no minimum spend requirement. That's great, but I would say that's a pretty important information to be not available anywhere.

Also, my Platinum debit card doesn't provide lounge access. I have had my salary account with ICICI since last 2 years, I will ask them to upgrade my account and DC as well.

I emailed the customer care, here's the reply:
View attachment 22612

So for the two quarters after card activation, there is no minimum spend requirement. That's great, but I would say that's a pretty important information to be not available anywhere.

Also, my Platinum debit card doesn't provide lounge access. I have had my salary account with ICICI since last 2 years, I will ask them to upgrade my account and DC as well.
"For dual card, this benefit can be availed twice on card." Does this mean, in effect, we get:
  • 4 complimentary access per year at an International Airport Lounge (India)
  • 4 complimentary access per year at a Domestic Airport Spa (India)
  • 8 complimentary access per quarter at a Domestic Airport Lounge (India) on spending ₹5000 or more in the previous quarter after 6 months

"For dual card, this benefit can be availed twice on card." Does this mean, in effect, we get:
  • 4 complimentary access per year at an International Airport Lounge (India)
  • 4 complimentary access per year at a Domestic Airport Spa (India)
  • 8 complimentary access per quarter at a Domestic Airport Lounge (India) on spending ₹5000 or more in the previous quarter after 6 months
2 on Mastercard, 2 on Amex
Spa DF pass pe hota hai
Split ho jaata hai, double nhi hota 😂

Last edited:
Back