• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AIRTEL AXIS - Recharge/Bill pay for other number

Solution
So, we are still unclear if we get 10% cashback on other mobile billpay/recharge
Yes, I have tried Jio recharge and got 10% CB

Be careful of using the card for utility payments. Many are complaining of electricity payments not going through because Airtel Thanks integration with BBPS seems poor.

I myself paid an electricity bill of Rs 607 on April 3rd via Airtel Thanks app and got success message, but got alerts today from biller on non-payment and when I checked statement realised to my horror that Airtel has reversed the transaction on April 9 and credited the amount back!

View attachment 50216

May be best to use the Airtel Axis CC only for Airtel cashback and Swiggy, Zomato (for food orders) and BigBasket.
Everytime you make a electricity (or any actual Utility) Payment through the Airtel App always do two things:
  • Cross check the amount due post 1 day in the Electricity company on their website.
  • A BBPS reference number should be generated.

Wired broadband is almost always better than wireless broadband.

Jio AirFiber & Airtel Xstream AirFiber are both based on 5G mobile networks. The issue with mobile networks is that coverage can be great in one flat of a building while on the back side coverage can be nil because of walls, etc. Also, while Jio 5G is theoretically superior to Airtel 5G as it is Standalone 5G (not built on top of 4G radio stack but completely new from ground up), in reality I find Airtel's Non Standalone 5G superior, as Jio 5G often drops or goes on the blink. The stepdown to 4G radio is far better with Airtel. (I use both Airtel 5G and Jio 5G on separate mobile phones). I have got download speeds of up to 1.2 Gbps on Jio 5G and around half of that on Airtel 5G (as it is NSA), but Airtel 5G is far more dependable and steady. AirFiber will also need some investment in the box, which would be far lower on wired broadband.

I also prefer Airtel's customer service (nothing amazing, but far better than Jio) and the fact that Airtel has Black plans that give you discounted bundling and an even more superior level of "Black" dedicated customer service if you get on Black with broadband + mobile + DTH (various combos are available--can mix and match as per need, as long as you use 2 services).
Does Airtel black NEED to have postpaid? Airtel agent is insisting on converting prepaid to postpaid.

Does Airtel black NEED to have postpaid? Airtel agent is insisting on converting prepaid to postpaid.
If you require data roll over then only convert it otherwise prepaid is cheaper
If you come in black then you will get flat ₹100 discount every month on your Bill
Eg postpaid plan 449 + fiber 499 = 948 - 100 final 848 + 18% gst
Same for above plan also

1) Do we get a separate bill for fiber, if we take fiber+DTH. This is because I get reimbursement from my employer for internet broadband. I don't want to ask for DTH bill reimburse.
2) agent says we get a landline number (and we need to get our own landline device). So can we select the landline number?

1) Do we get a separate bill for fiber, if we take fiber+DTH. This is because I get reimbursement from my employer for internet broadband. I don't want to ask for DTH bill reimburse.
2) agent says we get a landline number (and we need to get our own landline device). So can we select the landline number?
Bill and payment receipt will contain both connection details
But in bill connection details are mentioned separately with bill amount of that so you can use that

I don't know regarding it as my number was generated randomly but to use landline you will have to buy new device or if you have old you can use it

The entire point of Black is that you get a combined bill. I suppose PANK's suggestion will work out.

And no, you can't select your landline number.

Airtel sends one combined invoice but that PDF includes individual invoices too -- so you can break up the PDF file (easily doable via Print to PDF) to get individual bills for broadband, postpaid, etc.

You can't select a landline number, but if you ask nicely they can assign you a easy to remember number or they will give you a choice of numbers (do remember that is at the discretion of the Airtel associate doing it for you--some may do it as a extra courtesy, some disinterested types may say it's not possible).

Airtel app is just shit.
I recently got axis airtel card.
While doing recharge of another sim jio/vi.
Most of the times apply coupon option is not visible.
While recharging for airtel its just kept on loading.

Airtel app is just shit.
I recently got axis airtel card.
While doing recharge of another sim jio/vi.
Most of the times apply coupon option is not visible.
While recharging for airtel its just kept on loading.

Works fine for me. THERE ARE NO COUPONS. You get cashback till the limit allowed in that category.

• 25% Cashback** on Airtel Mobile, Wi-Fi, and DTH bill payments via Airtel Thanks App (**Up to ₹300 per month)
  • 10% Cashback** on utility bill payments such as gas, electricity, etc., via the Airtel Thanks App (**Up to at ₹300 per month)
  • 10% Cashback** on spends on Swiggy, Zomato, Bigbasket (**Up to ₹500 per month. Total cashback across all merchants)

On the Airtel app I click on Credit Card under airtel finance, then log in via OTP and then you get this screen where you can recharge other operators (I recharge Jio) and get 10% cash back. You get 25% upto limit only on Airtel recharges / postpaid payments. I also got 10% cashback on LPG cylinders. Click on more to get the screen below this where you get the next screen with more options.

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-22 at 20.12.49.jpeg

Click on More to get this screen:

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-22 at 20.12.44.jpeg

• 25% Cashback** on Airtel Mobile, Wi-Fi, and DTH bill payments via Airtel Thanks App (**Up to ₹300 per month)
  • 10% Cashback** on utility bill payments such as gas, electricity, etc., via the Airtel Thanks App (**Up to at ₹300 per month)
  • 25% Cashback** on Airtel Mobile, Wi-Fi, and DTH bill payments via Airtel Thanks App (**Up to 250 per month)
  • 10% Cashback** on utility bill payments such as gas, electricity, etc., via the Airtel Thanks App (**Up to at 250 per month)

• 25% Cashback** on Airtel Mobile, Wi-Fi, and DTH bill payments via Airtel Thanks App (**Up to 250 per month)
  • 10% Cashback** on utility bill payments such as gas, electricity, etc., via the Airtel Thanks App (**Up to at 250 per month)

Difficult to keep track given frequent Axis devaluations. The FAQ on the Airtel site still has the old Rs 300 for first two categories.

Works fine for me. THERE ARE NO COUPONS. You get cashback till the limit allowed in that category.

• 10% Cashback** on spends on Swiggy, Zomato, Bigbasket (**Up to ₹500 per month. Total cashback across all merchants)

On the Airtel app I click on Credit Card under airtel finance, then log in via OTP and then you get this screen where you can recharge other operators (I recharge Jio) and get 10% cash back. You get 25% upto limit only on Airtel recharges / postpaid payments. I also got 10% cashback on LPG cylinders. Click on more to get the screen below this where you get the next screen with more options.

View attachment 65884

Click on More to get this screen:

View attachment 65885
Thanks for detailed review 🙂

Just did a vi recharge balance deducted from card and amount is pending.
What to do

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240822-212745.webp
    Screenshot_20240822-212745.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240822-212708.webp
    Screenshot_20240822-212708.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 4
Back