• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel Axis rejected multiple times

shivamk

TF Ace
Hi all

Just went through a disgusting and utterly disappointing experience while applying for Airtel Axis bank credit card.

Application 1:
I was reached out by an Axis bank associate in December pitching the Neo card. I asked them for Airtel card instead and of could be LTF. The agent and her manager pitched that if I use 5% of my limit in first year then the card will be LTF. Was suprised, so asked for proof multiple times. One day she replied don't to waste her time and some other gibberish things in a very disrespectful way. Dropped off!

Application 2:
Have it another try and applied via an agent in the offline mode at my hometown. It was C2C application against my ICICI Rubyx Card with 7.5L limit. The agent said that the card won't be rejected since my CIBIL is 750+. Rejected! Asked for the reason but got no clear answer.

Raised it to Mr. Sanjeev Moghe(Head Card Payments) and Mr. Amitabh Chaudhry (MD & CEO). Mr. Sanjeev redirected to someone and asked them to get it facilitated. Was reached out by someone from the regional team to reapply.

Application 3:
Applied again on basis of salary with surrogate approvals beforehand. Due to a glitch in their app, aadhaar address was picked partially. The populated address was non-editable. Got a call that this application will be rejected due to address mismatch and agent asked to reapply.

Application 4:
Rejected again stating that another application is in process. Application 3 was never rejected and it caused the 4th one to be rejected.

Received rejection against application 3 without any reason. Got a call from the agent that they can't get the card allotted. When I asked for reason, they said the same baseless "due to internal norms".

The card was rejected even with a decent credit history and salary. Rejection reason was never communicated.

Axis is shit. Can anyone suggest how can I know the rejection reason atleast?

-----------
CIBIL: 774
Experian: 861

Currently hold the following cards:
1. ICICI Rubyx- LTF with 7.5L limit
2. ICICI Amazon Pay- LTF with 7.5L limit
3. SBI Pulse: FYF with 45k limit
4. SBI Cashback: FYF with 80k limit

Have a customer ID active with Axis due to Freecharge Pay Later account. Freecharge later closed it stating you need to update your KYC but never gave an option to do so

Last edited:
I activated my physical Apay icici card today.I tried to get my user id via website. But showing some error like "please enter a valid mobile number". But even after 5 days of approval, my mobile number is not automatically linked with NetBanking/imobile/WhatsApp banking yet. What to do??
1)Do we need to raise any seperate request for linking the mobile number with imobile, NetBanking, WhatsApp banking??
2) can we get email statement automatically every month. Or we need to register for the same seperately??
3) physical statement is available?? If so, Charges ??
Twitter . . . 🙃

Finally got the card approved today after 4th attempt :P

Axis rejected Airtel card for me thrice during last year due to different reasons. Got a prompt on Airtel App about card application & gave last try to apply 10 days ago.

Inspite of having existing cards with Axis, physical KYC done via biometric & today had tele-verification in the morning & card approval in afternoon.

How good or premium existing relationship you have with Axis, for Airtel card it doesn't matter at all to get faster card processing/approval lol.

Finally got the card approved today after 4th attempt :p

Axis rejected Airtel card for me thrice during last year due to different reasons. Got a prompt on Airtel App about card application & gave last try to apply 10 days ago.

Inspite of having existing cards with Axis, physical KYC done via biometric & today had tele-verification in the morning & card approval in afternoon.

How good or premium existing relationship you have with Axis, for Airtel card it doesn't matter at all to get faster card processing/approval lo

Finally got the card approved today after 4th attempt :p

How good or premium existing relationship you have with Axis, for Airtel card it doesn't matter at all to get faster card processing/approval lol.
Don't you have that v-kyc option there?? Tele verification for axis bank customer??

Is it necessary to update our PANCARD details in imobile & NetBanking to get pre-approved offer and limit enhancement offer?? Because my PANCARD details not showing in NetBanking???

V-Kyc option not provided, may be due to difference in mobile number with Airtel & Axis Bank records.
I have also applied airtel axis card from different jio number which is not registered in axis records. I have already Flipkart card. Physical biometric kyc has been done on 13th March and next day got a verification call from axis. Still no update.
Note: This card application processing time is taking very long time, meanwhile I applied LTF Myzone card in axis app and got approved instantly. Pata nahi iske vajha se ye wala application reject karde... Let's see

I have also applied airtel axis card from different jio number which is not registered in axis records. I have already Flipkart card. Physical biometric kyc has been done on 13th March and next day got a verification call from axis. Still no update.
Note: This card application processing time is taking very long time, meanwhile I applied LTF Myzone card in axis app and got approved instantly. Pata nahi iske vajha se ye wala application reject karde... Let's see
There shall be gap of 90 days between 2 card applications (new/upgrade) as per bank policy. You will be lucky if you get both the cards !!

Need some help here.

My wife is getting offer for airtel axis card as she is part of my airtel postpaid plan. I already have the card on my name.
She is a house wife with negligible ITR and does not have any credit card of her own (she has addon infinia though).

While filling up the credit card application as self employed it is asking for minimum 3L annual income.
If We fill 3L and proceed would axis require any income proof as such and what is the chance of approval in her case ?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

It's quite surprising to see how many people in this community got rejected in the first approach. Maybe you made a mistake by approaching the axis directly. As an Airtel user, I got a notification that they offer Airtel Axis CC. I read the features, and I was impressed and immediately applied for it. It took almost a week to get an update, but it was approved for me in the first shot itself.

People who still didn't get approved should try this route by applying through the Airtel Thanks app.

[Off topic] can any Airtel Fiber+OTT plan user share the bill PDF over DM for reference. Need to get it checked with my reimbursements team if the bill is covered under the company's reimbursement policy. Will make sure to mask the individual's details before sharing with the team.

Plus, do Airtel Black and Airtel Fiber bills are same or they have different format and break up?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
It's quite surprising to see how many people in this community got rejected in the first approach. Maybe you made a mistake by approaching the axis directly. As an Airtel user, I got a notification that they offer Airtel Axis CC. I read the features, and I was impressed and immediately applied for it. It took almost a week to get an update, but it was approved for me in the first shot itself.

People who still didn't get approved should try this route by applying through the Airtel Thanks app.
Airtel axis bank credit card now issued only through Airtel thanks app

Back