• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel Bank divorced Mastercard & married RuPay, 2 new baby RuPay comes with NCMC-enabled debit and prepaid cards

Thanks man, airtel payment bank will eventually start working more efficiently that's what I think, Well one last question though are there any annual charges for this ncmc card
They haven't mentioned any for the prepaid card variant but Airtel reserves the right to levy it in the future if it chooses to. Though they ideally won't coz they earn through MDR rate of 1% + GST for every offline transaction done through the card in addition to the standard MDR on online transactions.

I got the card a couple of months back. Thought they would mess up the delivery but it happened in 7 days after request was initiated and once delivered, it got marked as delivered within a day and was able to activate it.

They haven't mentioned any for the prepaid card variant but Airtel reserves the right to levy it in the future if it chooses to. Though they ideally won't coz they earn through MDR rate of 1% + GST for every offline transaction done through the card in addition to the standard MDR on online transactions.
😀👍😀👍😀Thanks for your answer

I got the card a couple of months back. Thought they would mess up the delivery but it happened in 7 days after request was initiated and once delivered, it got marked as delivered within a day and was able to activate it.
Who was the delivery partner, private delivery or India post, could you please tell me

No it's not mentioned in app, so there won't be any annual maintenance charge, did you got your ncmc card,
Nope, actually I already have an SBI Metro NCMC card, plus the mobile app, however I was interested in getting the airtel one as a backup for my father. However, was apprehensive about the term and conditions as it mentioned that airtel payment bank could leverage charges on loading, debiting, annual maintenance and worst even cancelling. I assumed someone who received it might have received a proper documentation of charges and conditions.

Nope, actually I already have an SBI Metro NCMC card, plus the mobile app, however I was interested in getting the airtel one as a backup for my father. However, was apprehensive about the term and conditions as it mentioned that airtel payment bank could leverage charges on loading, debiting, annual maintenance and worst even cancelling. I assumed someone who received it might have received a proper documentation of charges and conditions.
1% merchant discount rate is applied on card, and wallet loading fees are also there but when you go through faqs you won't get a straightforward answer and charges aren't mentioned in airtel payment bank app for ncmc card

1% merchant discount rate is applied on card, and wallet loading fees are also there but when you go through faqs you won't get a straightforward answer and charges aren't mentioned in airtel payment bank app for ncmc card
There is no charge for adding the offline balance using UPI. I added ₹100 and then got the balance updated using BEST bus conductors Chalo device it was a smooth process.

It was private delivery don't remember if it was bluedart or delhivery
Ohh I see I got my ncmc card through speed post. I get all my debit cards of different banks get delivered by blue dart but this time airtel payment bank ncmc card came be india post deliverd in 8 days

Hey guys!

I travel daily on the Delhi Metro and need a new card. I always used the Delhi Metro card, but now I need a replacement as the old one is damaged and could fail at any time. However, I've tried at 3-4 different metro stations and no one is giving out the old Delhi Metro card anymore. Everyone is only issuing Airtel NCMC cards. I don't want this, but I don't have any other option. I don't want to buy QR tickets every day.

My questions are:

1. Do they open an account with Airtel Payments Bank, similar to what we had with Paytm Payments Bank? If so, can I just opt for the card without opening an account?
2. Is there any annual or monthly fee to maintain the card, like with a debit card?
3. If anyone has this card, could you please explain the process, including any initial charges I need to pay?
4. Can I load this card using cash at recharge counters? I mostly recharge with cash.
5. Can I recharge via Paytm, Google Pay, or credit cards, or do I need to use the Airtel app?
6. If anyone knows of a metro station in Delhi still issuing the old cards, please let me know. I’d like to purchase 2-3 cards.

Back