• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel Bank launch RuPay NCMC Smart Watch

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Airtel Bank launch RuPay NCMC Smart Watch:

It is time for Tap And Transit!

Super stoked to announce that Airtel Payments Bank today showcased prototypes of innovative NCMC-enabled Smart Watch in collaboration with National Payments Corporation Of India (NPCI) and Noise at Global Fintech Fest.

At metro stations, commuters can now tap at the gates using this watch and go without any hassle of getting in queues to purchase tickets.

rupay watch.webp
1724839857666.webp
1724839857563.webp

Hey guys!

I travel daily on the Delhi Metro and need a new card. I always used the Delhi Metro card, but now I need a replacement as the old one is damaged and could fail at any time. However, I've tried at 3-4 different metro stations and no one is giving out the old Delhi Metro card anymore. Everyone is only issuing Airtel NCMC cards. I don't want this, but I don't have any other option .I don't want to buy QR tickets every day.

My questions are:

1. Do they open an account with Airtel Payments Bank, similar to what we had with Paytm Payments Bank? If so, can I just opt for the card without opening an account?
2. Is there any annual or monthly fee to maintain the card, like with a debit card?
3. If anyone has this card, could you please explain the process, including any initial charges I need to pay?
4. Can I load this card using cash at recharge counters? I mostly recharge with cash.
5. Can I recharge via Paytm, Google Pay, or credit cards, or do I need to use the Airtel app?
6. If anyone knows of a metro station in Delhi still issuing the old cards, please let me know. I’d like to purchase 2-3 cards.

Hey guys!

I travel daily on the Delhi Metro and need a new card. I always used the Delhi Metro card, but now I need a replacement as the old one is damaged and could fail at any time. However, I've tried at 3-4 different metro stations and no one is giving out the old Delhi Metro card anymore. Everyone is only issuing Airtel NCMC cards. I don't want this, but I don't have any other option .I don't want to buy QR tickets every day.

My questions are:

1. Do they open an account with Airtel Payments Bank, similar to what we had with Paytm Payments Bank? If so, can I just opt for the card without opening an account?
2. Is there any annual or monthly fee to maintain the card, like with a debit card?
3. If anyone has this card, could you please explain the process, including any initial charges I need to pay?
4. Can I load this card using cash at recharge counters? I mostly recharge with cash.
5. Can I recharge via Paytm, Google Pay, or credit cards, or do I need to use the Airtel app?
6. If anyone knows of a metro station in Delhi still issuing the old cards, please let me know. I’d like to purchase 2-3 cards.
Just take Airtel NCMC card from any metro station.

You don't have to open Payments Bank Account with them.
If you want you can open Airtel Wallet account from there you can recharge everytime otherwise you have to go to counter.

No charges for anything!! Enjoy!!😄😄

Hey guys!

My questions are:

1. No they don't open account. Yes you can have yhe card without account.
2. Card is totally life time free.
3 i hold airtel card i use it as my daily driver for delhi metro travel. You have to 200 and you will get the balance of 150. Do keep in mind this card doesn't go negative balance.
4. Yes you can do this to recharge your card via any metro counter using cash minimum recharge they do via cash/card/upi is 200.
5. To recharge this card you have to use airtel app. Without Airtel app you have to scan airtel ncmc recharge qr codes which are available at metro station to recharge your card.
6. Nope new metro cards era ended. If you need old metro cards you have to purchase it via your friends.

Mark this as solution if it helps.

Just take Airtel NCMC card from any metro station.

You don't have to open Payments Bank Account with them.
If you want you can open Airtel Wallet account from there you can recharge everytime otherwise you have to go to counter.

No charges for anything!! Enjoy!!😄😄
The thing is, these agents open accounts for you without informing you. I already have enough accounts and don’t want another one now. What do I need to provide them in order to get this card and ensure they don’t open the account?

1. No they don't open account. Yes you can have yhe card without account.
2. Card is totally life time free.
3 i hold airtel card i use it as my daily driver for delhi metro travel. You have to 200 and you will get the balance of 150. Do keep in mind this card doesn't go negative balance.
4. Yes you can do this to recharge your card via any metro counter using cash minimum recharge they do via cash/card/upi is 200.
5. To recharge this card you have to use airtel app. Without Airtel app you have to scan airtel ncmc recharge qr codes which are available at metro station to recharge your card.
6. Nope new metro cards era ended. If you need old metro cards you have to purchase it via your friends.

Mark this as solution if it helps.
Why balance can't go in negative
My normal metro card balance is mostly in negative
Any specific reason?

The thing is, these agents open accounts for you without informing you. I already have enough accounts and don’t want another one now. What do I need to provide them in order to get this card and ensure they don’t open the account?
Bro are you new in Delhi??

No one can open your account without your consent.
Once you share your OTP then only anyone can open your account.
And infact for Payment Bank Account your Aadhar verification is also required. So how agents can open it??😤😤

And if you can stop them from doing something like this then I think YOU HAVE LEARNT NOTHING FROM THIS COMMUNITY!!😑😑

Yes they won't open account.
Just Mobile no and otp is fine

Back