• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

All my Rupay credit cards stopped working for UPI QR payments....

Fini7777

TF Ace
Contributor
Hi, This morning I made a payment of Rs.1900 through the Tata Neu app using TATA NEU Inf cc
It was successful but after that payment, I tried to pay again to the same merchant but it's not working
I tried all my Rupay cards and none of them worked
I tried many upi apps and tried paying for different merchants: Not working
I am a medium user and don't pay huge amounts regularly (maybe 3-4 payments a day or less than that and ranges 10-400)
I know sometimes it happens due to tech issues from bank end but for all cards????
I don't know why, but all of a sudden all the cards stopped working.

I paid the remaining amount through my father's Rupay cc and it's working fine
Need ur thoughts on this...
1728297648103.webp

This ceiling is relevant when we do 2 or more Rupay on UPI transactions, each of value less than 2k at the same merchant on the same day. Right? at any merchant on the same day !!!

Last edited:
Hi, This morning I made a payment of Rs.1900 through the Tata Neu app using TATA NEU Inf cc
It was successful but after that payment, I tried to pay again to the same merchant but it's not working
I tried all my Rupay cards and none of them worked
I tried many upi apps and tried paying for different merchants: Not working
I am a medium user and don't pay huge amounts regularly (maybe 3-4 payments a day or less than that and ranges 10-400)
I know sometimes it happens due to tech issues from bank end but for all cards????
I don't know why, but all of a sudden all the cards stopped working.

I paid the remaining amount through my father's Rupay cc and it's working fine
Need ur thoughts on this...
View attachment 71480
You can pay to a merchant maximum 2000 through any app in a day or 24 hours span by default.

So try after 24 hours

I will go through easily

Is everyone still confused?

Only 1 transaction of =< Rs 2000 in 24 hrs to same or all merchants with either 1 or all rupay credit cards (but 1 transaction only) , with 1 or all apps (but one transaction)..
Change cards, change apps, change merchant. Do anything you can do but 2nd (onwrds) transaction will fail 99.99%

Simply 1 transaction (of =<2000) in a day.
All will be cancelled

Ek din me 2000 amount ki kewal 1 transaction hogi chahe kitne hi apps badlo, merchant badlo ya cards badlo...
2000 se jyada amount wali unlimited ho sakti hai

Last edited:
Is everyone still confused?

Only 1 transaction of =< Rs 2000 in 24 hrs to same or all merchants with either 1 or all rupay credit cards (but 1 transaction only) , with 1 or all apps (but one transaction)..
Change cards, change apps, change merchant. Do anything you can do but 2nd (onwrds) transaction will fail 99.99%

Simply 1 transaction (of =<2000) in a day.
All will be cancelled

Totally confused with the symbol used. 🙂

Did you mean greater than or equal to ₹2k?

Totally confused with the symbol used. 🙂

Did you mean greater than or equal to ₹2k?
Example:
1. 600 SBI Rupay + 400 BOB Rupay + 800 SBI Rupay + 199 BOB Rupay will go through whehter at same or different merchants.
2. 600 SBI Rupay + 400 BOB Rupay + 800 SBI Rupay + 210 BOB Rupay- last payment may fail whehter at same or different merchants.
3. 600 SBI Rupay + 400 BOB Rupay + 800 SBI Rupay + 2100 BOB Rupay will go through whehter at same or different merchants.

Example:
1. 600 SBI Rupay + 400 BOB Rupay + 800 SBI Rupay + 199 BOB Rupay will go through whehter at same or different merchants.
2. 600 SBI Rupay + 400 BOB Rupay + 800 SBI Rupay + 210 BOB Rupay- last payment may fail whehter at same or different merchants.
3. 600 SBI Rupay + 400 BOB Rupay + 800 SBI Rupay + 2100 BOB Rupay will go through whehter at same or different merchants.
Absolutely right, This is what I want to convey, and What I experienced for the last two days
In the past, I did not have these limit issues but I think they've recently Implemented it.

Bro its both either equal = to 2000 or lesser than <2000." =< " This is sign of smaller than equal to . Any maths students "inequality"? 😅

If so, I am really losing my comprehension ability. Anyway, never mind as I have only one RuPay CC and never had an issue with it. Probably when I have an issue, I will come back and re-read what's written by you and others. 🙏

If so, I am really losing my comprehension ability. Anyway, never mind as I have only one RuPay CC and never had an issue with it. Probably when I have an issue, I will come back and re-read what's written by you and others. 🙏
Since you have only one rupay credit card,
When using for multiple sub 2000 transactions, keep in mind that once the cumulative spends of these small transactions cross ₹2000 in a day, your further rupay on upi transactions may be declined. But single transactions of more than ₹2000 will go through.

The reason of such a ceiling is to prevent misusing the rule that sub 2000 transactions with rupay on upi have zero mdr. So if I have to pay a merchant ₹2400, I have 2 options.
1. Pay ₹2400 in a single shot and the merchant will incur 2% mdr.
2. Pay as ₹1200+₹1200. Here merchant incurs zero mdr. So the merchant will prefer this.

So to prevent such misuse this limit of 2000 for cumulative small spends is put.

I think there is also another rule that for zero mdr for sub 2000 spends, the annual turnover of the merchant should be less than 20 lakhs. Anyway this rule is not relevant here

Last edited:
Since you have only one rupay credit card,
When using for multiple sub 2000 transactions, keep in mind that once the cumulative spends of these small transactions cross ₹2000, your further rupay on upi transactions may be declined. But single transactions of more than ₹2000 will go through.

The reason of such a ceiling is to prevent misusing the rule that sub 2000 transactions with rupay on upi have zero mdr. So if I have to pay a merchant ₹2400, I have 2 options.
1. Pay ₹2400 in a single shot and the merchant will incur 2% mdr.
2. Pay as ₹1200+₹1200. Here merchant incurs zero mdr. So the merchant will prefer this.

So to prevent such misuse this limit of 2000 for cumulative small spends is put.

I think there is also another rule that for zero mdr for sub 2000 spends, the annual turnover of the merchant should be less than 20 lakhs. Anyway this rule is not relevant here

Finally understood. Thank you.

Back