• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Am I over-leveraged for SBI Cashback card?

Trump

TF Buzz
So I'll be applying for SBI Cashback & A-Pay this Wednesday as soon as I turn 21. So Can you guys look into my case & give me a reality check???

Portfolio

1) AMEX - SmartEarn (Paid) - Rs. 1,62,000.
2) Axis Bank - Neo (LTF) - Rs. 1,34,000.
3) HDFC Bank- Millennia (Paid) + Swiggy (Paid) - Rs. 1,00,000 each.
4) Kotak Mahindra Bank - Zen Signature (LTF) - Rs. 35,000 + Myntra (Paid) - Rs. 27,000

CIBIL - 779
Credit Age - 2y 8m
Income - Take Home Salary - 70k approx.

I already have an account with ICICI under their Privilege program since the last year, I have an SBI Gold Segment Profile. What are the chances of approval & which one should I apply first ??? Throw in any other suggestions, if necessary.

@Vasuki @SSV @D₹V @Abhishek012

So I'll be applying for SBI Cashback & A-Pay this Wednesday as soon as I turn 21. So Can you guys look into my case & give me a reality check???

Portfolio

4) Kotak Mahindra Bank - Zen Signature (LTF) - Rs. 35,000 + Myntra (Paid) - Rs. 27,000

CIBIL - 779
Credit Age - 2y 8m

I already have an account with ICICI under their Privilege program since the last year, I have an SBI Gold Segment Profile. What are the chances of approval & which one should I apply first ??? Throw in any other suggestions, if necessary.

quite possible that sbi may NOT find you over leveraged as your limit is still lower than annual salary BUT SBI can do anything

quite possible that sbi may NOT find you over leveraged as your limit is still lower than annual salary BUT SBI can do anything
What are the chances of A-Pay ??? I am a prime member since last 3 years. Also doing all of my online spends through Amazon GV. So lot's and lot's of transactions in last 6 months through Amazon. Also rapport with ICICI not that bad

What are the chances of A-Pay ??? I am a prime member since last 3 years. Also doing all of my online spends through Amazon GV. So lot's and lot's of transactions in last 6 months through Amazon. Also rapport with ICICI not that bad
apay is relatively easier to get..

You can try, it's a hit or miss honestly. Many people get it, many don't for no reason.

Portfolio

CIBIL - 779
Credit Age - 2y 8m

Does look ok.
Go ahead and apply. Sbi is psycho. If you don't get it, don't worry too much and don't try to read much into it. Try again after 6 months/salary increase.
May not be a concern but it will help a bit if your company has some kind of tie-up.

You can't be certain with sbi, but it doesn't seem like you are overleveraged.

Even if you have more use of apay, I would suggest you to first apply sbi, & then any bob card you find interesting/least fee. Its harder to get their cc once you have cards from other banks.

And just to be sure you are talking about official dob. Right? You need to be 21 officially. Else you might get 2 rejection mail as birthday present. 😅
Anyway wishing you a happy birthday in advance.

Does look ok.
Go ahead and apply. Sbi is psycho. If you don't get it, don't worry too much and don't try to read much into it. Try again after 6 months/salary increase.
May not be a concern but it will help a bit if your company has some kind of tie-up.
Actually its a LLP, not big of an organisation... and obviously SBI is Crazy . But still do you think a LLP would be preferred over a pvt ltd or govt. job????

You need to be 21 officially. Else you might get 2 rejection mail as birthday present. 😅
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 ikr. Thank you so much
Even if you have more use of apay, I would suggest you to first apply sbi, & then any bob card you find interesting/least fee. Its harder to get their cc once you have cards from other banks.
Why Bob Card tho? Any suggestions and what's their utility from the perspective of my portfolio

Sorry, no idea about LLP.
Also, your age with respect to credit leverage may be another factor.
Even if you don't get sbi CB Card, try to get another low price sbi card and try to make it LTF.
Actually its a LLP, not big of an organisation... and obviously SBI is Crazy . But still do you think a LLP would be preferred over a pvt ltd or govt. job????

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 ikr. Thank you so much

Why Bob Card tho? Any suggestions and what's their utility from the perspective of my portfolio
Bob is pretty aggressive with ecom/flight/hotel offers even though it is a psb.
Once you have too many cards/enquiries, they are harder to obtain. Sometimes they will take months to approve and ask you to send same documents multiple times.

Eterna is good cc for online transactio/domestic lounge access. If you have decent upi spends, then you can take eterna rupay. It will be easier to reach 5L milestone for additional 1% milestone benefit. Though it might be tough to get eterna at 70k net pm.
Many people have Bob snapdeal cc too, but I am not familiar with that.

apay is relatively easier to get..
You can't be certain with sbi, but it doesn't seem like you are overleveraged.

And just to be sure you are talking about official dob. Right? You need to be 21 officially. Else you might get 2 rejection mail as birthday present. 😅
Does look ok.
Got an Instant Rejection from A-pay. Idk why ICICI have to be such a d*ck.

Got an instant Approval from SBI Cashback for 20k limit. Not Complaining. Kindly confirm whether or not it is actually approved????!!!

Plus can you people recommend me on Apay. Apparently it didn't check my cibil score but rather Equifax !!!!!. Refreshed Cibil Report right away, only an enquiry of SBI Cards is shown , plus no alerts from CIBIL via mail/sms , which they right away do after an enquiry. For SBI Cards I sure did. So whats up then???

I though I'd be rejected for Cashback and Apay easy approval , not the case at all. Also I have a decent relationship with ICICI , TRV of > 2.5 lakhs savings account. It showed - try after 6 months.

Screenshot 2024-10-23 at 00.42.38.webp

Got an instant Approval from SBI Cashback for 20k limit. Not Complaining. Kindly confirm whether or not it is actually approved????!!!

Plus can you people recommend me on Apay. Apparently it didn't check my cibil score but rather Equifax !!!!!. Refreshed Cibil Report right away, only an enquiry of SBI Cards is shown , plus no alerts from CIBIL via mail/sms , which they right away do after an enquiry. For SBI Cards I sure did. So whats up then???

I though I'd be rejected for Cashback and Apay easy approval , not the case at all. Also I have a decent relationship with ICICI , TRV of > 2.5 lakhs savings account. It showed - try after 6 months.

View attachment 72905
Congrats on your approval 😉

View attachment 72905
UPDATE: The Apay rejection reason says -
  • Rejected due to insufficient/adverse of credit history being less than required policy norms
Firstly they fetched EQUIFAX credit report & not CIBIL which is mostly irrelevant and inaccurate IMO. So I sent an email for reconsideration of my application wherein I attached my CIBIL Report & explained my case. CIBIL - 779, credit age - 2y 8m, no defaults whatsoever. I sent e-mail to girish.sehgal@icicibank.com, sandeep.bakshi@icicibank.com, anish.madhavan@icicibank.com, managingdirector@icicibank.com, senior.management@icicibank.com, headservicequality@icicibank.com, pno@icicibank.com & headcreditcards@icicibank.com.

I have not received a single auto reply acknowledgment e-mail. Sent the same e-mail two times more yet no auto reply acknowledgment e-mail, which forces me to think whether or not they have actually received the e-mail. I'm quite worried. Please help me figure out if there's anything more I can do?? @Vasuki @SSV

Last edited:
after you receive sbi cb, don't activate it. Send your salary slip & amex cc statement. 20k is practically unusable. If you want to keep individual utilization under 30%, then it gives you only 6k which not enough for even monthly grocery.

after you receive sbi cb, don't activate it. Send your salary slip & amex cc statement. 20k is practically unusable. If you want to keep individual utilization under 30%, then it gives you only 6k which not enough for even monthly grocery.
Send where? Why not activate it ? What if i don't activate within 30 days 🥲🥲🥲

Back