• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Am I over leveraged for SBI?

suneelkumar206@

TF Select
Currently I hold close to 10 cards with ITR of 30L & overall credit limit across all the cards 43L.

I don't have any SBI credit card and looking to apply one.

CIBIL of 781 & no defaults.

So my question is am I over leverage according to SBI??

Shall I apply directly or reduce my exposure?

chasni

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
SBI kept rejecting my request to upgrade to from SimplyClick to Air India Signature. My CL was ~5L on SBI. My CLs across all cards is lower than my Income but still. So, I decided to close SBI and never worry about their tantrums.

panu24

TF Ace
As your ITR is 30L and your limits across cards is 43L you're not over leveraged (<1.5times)

- If your Credit limit range crosses above 2-2.5 times (Estimated) your ITR then SBI may consider you over leveraged.
I know one case where person tried 3 times with interval of 90 days last one year but still SBI keep rejecting him as overleveraged.

Indeed he is overleveraged but all 3 times he did not submit any income documents and cibil does not have his income details. He is self employed. Wonder how sbi declared him overleveraged?

BVC

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I know one case where person tried 3 times with interval of 90 days last one year but still SBI keep rejecting him as overleveraged.

Indeed he is overleveraged but all 3 times he did not submit any income documents and cibil does not have his income details. He is self employed. Wonder how sbi declared him overleveraged?
Does he have any relationship with SBI like current account or SB Account or any other relationship with bank??

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
And here, PNB rejected my application - "Rejected by Sanctioning Authority-DECLINED. TOO MANY CREDIT CARDS WITH HIGH VOLUME AVAILED FROM OTHER BANKS"
I have around 25 cards with a combined limit of less than 1.5x my annual income.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Currently I hold close to 10 cards with ITR of 30L & overall credit limit across all the cards 43L.

I don't have any SBI credit card and looking to apply one.

CIBIL of 781 & no defaults.

So my question is am I over leverage according to SBI??

Shall I apply directly or reduce my exposure?

My total credit limit on my CC is approx 75L, but in CIBIL, it is reported as 1.2 CR approx due to multiple card accounts from banks like HDFC, ICICI, Axis, etc. I have an SBI Cashback Card, but when I applied for an SBI SimplyClick in Oct, 2023, it was instantly rejected due to over-leverage. Check decline reason in below screenshot. Luckily, last month I got an SBI SimplySave RuPay offer in the SBI app (was able to split existing limit from cashback card).

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-18 at 11.16.45 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-18 at 11.16.45 AM.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 36

BVC

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
My total credit limit on my CC is approx 75L, but in CIBIL, it is reported as 1.2 CR approx due to multiple card accounts from banks like HDFC, ICICI, Axis, etc. I have an SBI Cashback Card, but when I applied for an SBI SimplyClick in Oct, 2023, it was instantly rejected due to over-leverage. Check decline reason in below screenshot. Luckily, last month I got an SBI SimplySave RuPay offer in the SBI app (was able to split existing limit from cashback card).
Yes, SBI is doing these days on over leverage. All banks reporting multiple card with shared limits also as separate accounts. But ICICI has a different pattern though.

Anupama_Jha

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
So far, it's being noticed that PSU banks and some Pvt also like HSBC hesitate to approve new cards after one gets multiple cards from different banks. So it's better to take PSU bank's cards first like SBI, PNB, Canara, etc.

But still if any of them launches new card in future, like SBI Cashback, until then you will be over leveraged for them.

Second thoughts: See credit cards are a high risk, high profit business for banks. They always seeks newbies who's not into the game, and either misses the due date or makes only Min. due payment and keeps paying interest to bank. So, this could also be the reason. (Assumption)

chasni

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
So far, it's being noticed that PSU banks and some Pvt also like HSBC hesitate to approve new cards after one gets multiple cards from different banks. So it's better to take PSU bank's cards first like SBI, PNB, Canara, etc.

But still if any of them launches new card in future, like SBI Cashback, until then you will be over leveraged for them.

Second thoughts: See credit cards are a high risk, high profit business for banks. They always seeks newbies who's not into the game, and either misses the due date or makes only Min. due payment and keeps paying interest to bank. So, this could also be the reason. (Assumption)
This is exactly what happened to me. I got SBI as my second card more than 10 years ago. Now, they wouldn't let me upgrade or apply for a new card. So, I closed my relationship.