• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card Renewal - Opinion

I have renewal coming after couple of days for my American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card. I just spoke with Amex support and they provided me 3 options for renewal benefit. Spent over 7 lacs in last year on my Platinum Travel credit card.

I also hold Amex Platinum Charge Card.

1. Discount of 50% on renewal fee that I end up paying 2900 Rupees, No Reward Points offered.
2. Pay full fee 5900 Rupees and get 10000 Amex Reward Points.
3. Pay 10000 Amex Reward Points from my Existing Reward point balance for full fee waiver of 5900 Rupees.

I think option 2 is better, interested to know your option and thoughts. They are not ready to negotiate beyond above 3 options, I tried my best.

Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Cheers!

2900 Rupees going out of my pocket and no reward points against it, its pure loss. By paying money 4000 I will get 10000 points which will cover 5900 Rupees fees and my 10000 points stay with me.
But if you pay rs 4000 +rs 1900 ,you get 10k more points and fees paid.
pay 1900 more for extra 10k points instead of paying only 1100 without any extra points and fees paid .

I have renewal coming after couple of days for my American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card. I just spoke with Amex support and they provided me 3 options for renewal benefit. Spent over 7 lacs in last year on my Platinum Travel credit card.

1. Discount of 50% on renewal fee that I end up paying 2900 Rupees, No Reward Points offered.
3. Pay 10000 Amex Reward Points from my Existing Reward point balance for full fee waiver of 5900 Rupees.

I think option 2 is better, interested to know your option and thoughts. They are not ready to negotiate beyond above 3 options, I tried my best.

Cheers!
You can ask for spend based waiver .
You have to pay full fees now and get that reversed later.

Cheers!
I will consider point value for Flipkart voucher conversion @30 paisa
Option 1 .. you pay 2950
Option 2 .. you pay 5900 get value 3000/- so again you are paying 2900
Option 3... You pay 10000 points that will of value 3000..
Now if you consider point value 50 paisa for hotel point conversion... Best option is 2.. but only if you have planned to travel... Otherwise all options are giving you same monetary loss

In my opinion option 2 of paying full money and take 10K point is good. Or you can call them again to get spend Based waiver. Paying by points and buying those points back is not at all wise option.
If you are using points for flipkart or other vouchers then option 1 of not taking points is also good

I will consider point value for Flipkart voucher conversion @30 paisa
Option 1 .. you pay 2950
Option 2 .. you pay 5900 get value 3000/- so again you are paying 2900
Option 3... You pay 10000 points that will of value 3000..
Now if you consider point value 50 paisa for hotel point conversion... Best option is 2.. but only if you have planned to travel... Otherwise all options are giving you same monetary loss
Yes, I am going to Goa next month at Taj. So points are good option for me.

Back