• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card Renewal - Opinion

I have renewal coming after couple of days for my American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card. I just spoke with Amex support and they provided me 3 options for renewal benefit. Spent over 7 lacs in last year on my Platinum Travel credit card.

I also hold Amex Platinum Charge Card.

1. Discount of 50% on renewal fee that I end up paying 2900 Rupees, No Reward Points offered.
2. Pay full fee 5900 Rupees and get 10000 Amex Reward Points.
3. Pay 10000 Amex Reward Points from my Existing Reward point balance for full fee waiver of 5900 Rupees.

I think option 2 is better, interested to know your option and thoughts. They are not ready to negotiate beyond above 3 options, I tried my best.

Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Cheers!

Even American express would prefer that you pay 5900 & get 10k points because they are creating millions of points out of thin air, without any control or limit; and trying to exchange it for real money!
If you can use those points to buy vouchers, its AMEX converting those points into real voucher value (May be discounted value for them). So its not totally out of thin air. Its true only until you use those points to buy vouchers.

Back