• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex card declined due to kinda payment history

Heisenberg37

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi there,
I applied gold card but it showed After reviewing your application, we have determined that your existing/previous American Express® Card payment history does not meet our internal criteria to move forward with your current request. As a result, we are not able to process your application.

I never missed any payment with any card
Cibil 775
Already holding mrcc and plat travel

Anyone faced same issue?

Hi there,
I applied gold card but it showed After reviewing your application, we have determined that your existing/previous American Express® Card payment history does not meet our internal criteria to move forward with your current request. As a result, we are not able to process your application.

Cibil 775

Anyone faced same issue?
Kitne CIBIL hits they last 3 months me?
MRCC and Plat Travel pe kitna limit hai?
Exposure ka issue lag rha hai most likely.

Hi there,

Cibil 775

Anyone faced same issue?
This means your existing Amex card has a late payment mark on it.
This is a error from Amex side , it happened to me too.

Just send a mail to
Head-Customerservicesindia@aexp.com

They would re-initiate the process.

Hi there,

Cibil 775

Anyone faced same issue?
I spoke to @BestBanker today , as of now Amex process second card only platinum charge card

0 cibil hit
153k mrcc
300 plat travel
No late payment history
453k total limit across cards means your gross income will be between 16-18 LPA (Apologies if I am wrong).

Exposure issue most probably. If Amex issued you Gold, you would have exceeded their risk threshold.

You should have applied for charge card in the middle. In that case, you would have got the approval. In that case, your third card would have got a lower limit post approval, which wouldn't have been an issue as you can transfer limits between cards easily.

453k total limit across cards means your gross income will be between 16-18 LPA (Apologies if I am wrong).

Exposure issue most probably. If Amex issued you Gold, you would have exceeded their risk threshold.

You should have applied for charge card in the middle. In that case, you would have got the approval. In that case, your third card would have got a lower limit post approval, which wouldn't have been an issue as you can transfer limits between cards easily.
my income in my itr is 9 LPA
so in amex my updated income is 9LPA
now, is there any hack to get the charge card?
@Walter White @BestBanker @Wealth is my birth right!

can you please elaborate?
which 2 card are you reffering to?
i already have 2 credit cards of amex now i want to have gold charge
I have AMEX PT and want to apply second card either gold charge or mrcc, he said they only process PLATINUM charge as second card ,if we apply application may get rejected , my friend got upgrade offer from MRCC to Amex PT he had doubt of his existing card whether active or closed after upgradation ( earlier upgradation they make two cards active) , CC clearly said to him the existing card will be closed when you activated new card so AMEX changed their policy I think. lets confirm with other members who recently applied second card in AMEX

I have AMEX PT and want to apply second card either gold charge or mrcc, he said they only process PLATINUM charge as second card ,if we apply application may get rejected , my friend got upgrade offer from MRCC to Amex PT he had doubt of his existing card whether active or closed after upgradation ( earlier upgradation they make two cards active) , CC clearly said to him the existing card will be closed when you activated new card so AMEX changed their policy I think. lets confirm with other members who recently applied second card in AMEX
You can apply for second card
Amex has a policy of 2 credit card amd
1 charge card
So technically you can keep 3 cards active

Yeah That's correct , but they rejecting application , we need to confirm anyone in our member ,recently my friend got rejection he has AMEX MRCC and applied reserve
No
If you have a existing Amex cc , and there is no late payment marks it’s pretty straightforward
You apply for the card , complete the kyc and card is approved

Is this something kinda specific to Amex? Because if this "exposure" thought process is applied, C2C doesn't make any sense. Of course, everything doesn't have to make sense, but still, would like to hear some elaboration on this ... :)

Is this something kinda specific to Amex? Because if this "exposure" thought process is applied, C2C doesn't make any sense. Of course, everything doesn't have to make sense, but still, would like to hear some elaboration on this ... :)
See, there are basically two aspects to it:

1. CC debt is unsecured. So, every bank will have a risk threshold for every cardholder. It's not like you have a 4L annual income and you can ask the bank to give you a 10L limit based on it. One can never predict a default in advance, but they can try their best to minimise it as much as possible.
  2. C2C is a risky business. A bank issues you a card based on the goodwill you have with an other bank. No bank typically assumes that you will deliberately default on a CC debt. It's a matter of trust and issuing institution hopes it will work out well for both parties involved.

See, there are basically two aspects to it:

1. CC debt is unsecured. So, every bank will have a risk threshold for every cardholder. It's not like you have a 4L annual income and you can ask the bank to give you a 10L limit based on it. One can never predict a default in advance, but they can try their best to minimise it as much as possible.
  2. C2C is a risky business. A bank issues you a card based on the goodwill you have with an other bank. No bank typically assumes that you will deliberately default on a CC debt. It's a matter of trust and issuing institution hopes it will work out well for both parties involved.
I think utilization ratio should also be taken into account in the income-debt mix. I mean, if you're expected to keep X% utilization, you should be given a limit high enough to make X-1.5X% of the limit reasonably coverable with your income.

Would you be knowing what kind of "exposure" (sum of limits) is considered OK in the 20-30L range?

I think utilization ratio should also be taken into account in the income-debt mix. I mean, if you're expected to keep X% utilization, you should be given a limit high enough to make X-1.5X% of the limit reasonably coverable with your income.

Would you be knowing what kind of "exposure" (sum of limits) is considered OK in the 20-30L range?
Generally 1:6 to 1:4 ratio of limit to gross annual income. This is no definite rule but more of what I have seen. There are a lot of factors the algorithm takes into consideration.

Back