• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Card Limit Enhancement

netsec

TF Select
I am holding Amex Platinum Travel and had received automatic Limit Enhancement 3 times in last 4 years. The last one was 2 months back. I think they perform CL review after 12 month, not in 6 month. So if you would like to increase CL, better initiate a manual request or wait for 6 more month. Also, They might ask for salary slip or form 16 as a proof of document for limit increase.

CreditCardEnthusiast

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I am holding Amex Platinum Travel and had received automatic Limit Enhancement 3 times in last 4 years. The last one was 2 months back. I think they perform CL review after 12 month, not in 6 month. So if you would like to increase CL, better initiate a manual request or wait for 6 more month. Also, They might ask for salary slip or form 16 as a proof of document for limit increase.
How much Limit increase they generally give? I read online that many people got 2x-3x Limit Increase.

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
I have been using Amex MRCC for more than 2 years now. Started off with a limit of 195000, and in 4 months, got an automatic limit increase up to 243000. Have been using the card regularly since then, and have received LE on most of my other cards in the mean time, but no movement from Amex...

shivek

TF Select
I have also been using AMEX MRCC since 2018 with limit of 3.45L
I have never received a LE offer till date but keep on getting upgrade invite to both Platinum Card (60K fee) and Platinum Reserve Card (10K fee)

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
Yes, Amex has been strongly urging me to upgrade to Amex Platinum! Happy with MRCC though. Wouldn't think of paying high fees for Amex cards unless they sort the acceptability issues. Its effectively an online only credit card!

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I recently asked for LE on my 6 month old MRCC, i had got only 50k limit. They had 2 options increase from 50k to 75k without any docs or share below docs to check manually :
To review your account for Enhancement, we would require either of the following documents: -
1) Form 16 (part A and B)
2) Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) & Acknowledgement of Receipt of ITR-V.
3) Two Recent salary slips along with your bank statement showing credit of that salary.

I sent payslips and bank statement and they increased the limit to 4L, no CIBIL hit

iethanhuntz

TF Buzz
You can call the customer care to place the request, they will either route your query or give you a shared mailbox id to send the docs. And, as ARV confirmed no impact to CIBIL

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I recently asked for LE on my 6 month old MRCC, i had got only 50k limit. They had 2 options increase from 50k to 75k without any docs or share below docs to check manually :
To review your account for Enhancement, we would require either of the following documents: -
1) Form 16 (part A and B)
2) Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) & Acknowledgement of Receipt of ITR-V.
3) Two Recent salary slips along with your bank statement showing credit of that salary.

I sent payslips and bank statement and they increased the limit to 4L, no CIBIL hit
what was your spend in those 6 months