• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex credit Card Application Process

Sanjh009

TF Buzz
Hello Fellows,

Need your help to understand Amex card application process using referral.

I applied for Platinum Travel card using a referral link. The card was approved (without docs) during application process, even asked me to enter the PIN I'd want on the card. And at the end, I got the message that someone will reach out to me in 24 hrs maybe. But it's been 6 days now, no further action. Any idea when should I be expecting a call and how many days in total does the complete process take place.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Fellows,

Need your help to understand Amex card application process using referral.

I applied for Platinum Travel card using a referral link. The card was approved (without docs) during application process, even asked me to enter the PIN I'd want on the card. And at the end, I got the message that someone will reach out to me in 24 hrs maybe. But it's been 6 days now, no further action. Any idea when should I be expecting a call and how many days in total does the complete process take place.

Thanks in advance.
Most probably, your application has been cancelled. Will need to reapply.
Hope you meet all the eligibility criteria and also have address in a serviceable location.
Was there a cibil hit?

Most probably, your application has been cancelled. Will need to reapply.
Hope you meet all the eligibility criteria and also have address in a serviceable location.
Was there a cibil hit?
No, it's not rejected, atleast not till yesterday. I spoke to customer care yesterday and it's still in process and they said someone will reach out to me. Yes, there was a CIBIL enquiry. And I guess I fulfil their eligibility criteria, have CIBIL over 800. I already hold cards like Infinia metal, Axis Reserve among others.

No, it's not rejected, atleast not till yesterday. I spoke to customer care yesterday and it's still in process and they said someone will reach out to me. Yes, there was a CIBIL enquiry. And I guess I fulfil their eligibility criteria, have CIBIL over 800. I already hold cards like Infinia metal, Axis Reserve among others.
With Infinia and Axis Reserve, you don't need Amex Platinum travel card

Hmm. That's weird. Because if it is approved without any income docs, the next automatic step is VKYC. Maybe next time you call them, ask why VKYC link is not sent to you
Thanks, I'll call them tomorrow to enquire this.
With Infinia and Axis Reserve, you don't need Amex Platinum travel card
Yes, but I'm taking it just for joining and referral bonus, collecting points. For a fees of 3500, I can easily take profit from there. Most probably I won't renew it later on .

Back