• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IndusInd Bank's Buggy Credit Card Application Process - Application Already Pending

This problem isn't isolated—several other members reported similar issues with IndusInd Bank. It highlights the bank's poor customer service and IT infrastructure. While I personally like IndusInd Bank, I hope they resolve these issues to prevent further inconvenience for customers.
Related Tweet:

This problem isn't isolated—several other members reported similar issues with IndusInd Bank. It highlights the bank's poor customer service and IT infrastructure. While I personally like IndusInd Bank, I hope they resolve these issues to prevent further inconvenience for customers.
Related Tweet:

which bank you don't like other than Axis?

Let me tell you about the absolute farce that is IndusL*nd Bank. (And I couldn't care less about violating any community guidelines here.) They're hands down the worst bank/credit card issuer in India, a complete embarrassment to the financial industry!

For a credit card application, here's how these sneaky bastards operate: You click on their T&Cs, which casually mention they'll check your CIBIL. Fine. But then, right after they access your CIBIL report, they flash this amazing credit limit in your face. You think, "Great, I'm approved for a decent amount!" But guess what? When you finally get the card, the limit is less than half of what they showed you! It's a blatant bait-and-switch tactic that should be illegal!

Try emailing them with a complaint? Good luck! They'll keep you waiting for 8-10 days, only to hit you back with some copy-pasted garbage that has NOTHING to do with your issue. It's like talking to a brick wall, except the wall might actually be more helpful!

And don't get me started on their pathetic excuse for customer service. Want to talk to a human? Hope you've got nothing better to do, because you'll be wasting at least 10 minutes of your life before anyone picks up. And when they do? You're stuck with some unprofessional, clueless agent who couldn't solve a problem if their job depended on it.

I made the colossal mistake of getting their so-called "Legend" credit card last month. The only thing legendary about it is how fast I'm planning to close this card next month. I don't want to have any relationship with this bank whatsoever!

Your case is literal mirror reflection of mine, after soooooooo many emails, numerous phone calls, hour long explanations for every new executive. it almost took 1 year to make them remove the prompt “ application already exists”. After the removal when i applied for a card they straight away rejected.

Meanwhile, indusind got most complicated phone banking system it involves so many steps & hell of a time to reach or to speak with the customer care executive, then will take eternity to answer the call

As usually, they throw generic responses, for everything we say. most of the times they won’t even understand the actual problem, so they utter some nonsense(most unrelated things they blabber with utmost confidence & attitude) & raises SR, which will be closed automatically after 8-15 days without any response

Believe it or not, after so many branch visits repeated submission of signed Aadhar copies, to this date they Failed to update my Aadhar & signature in their records. Their internet banking is the slowest banking website & most outdated user interface I’ve ever seen, same goes for mobile it throws soooo many errors.
Recently indusind started sending credit card statements for the card that was closed 2 years back(after card closure they stopped the statement mails, but ironically as i said earlier they started sending card statements again{August & Sep}).

I can keep on listing all the worst things they did with internet/mobile/phone banking.

Indusind isn’t fit to even run a small local finance shops(where they revolve money).

Last edited:
Let me tell you about the absolute farce that is IndusL*nd Bank. (And I couldn't care less about violating any community guidelines here.) They're hands down the worst bank/credit card issuer in India, a complete embarrassment to the financial industry!

For a credit card application, here's how these sneaky bastards operate: You click on their T&Cs, which casually mention they'll check your CIBIL. Fine. But then, right after they access your CIBIL report, they flash this amazing credit limit in your face. You think, "Great, I'm approved for a decent amount!" But guess what? When you finally get the card, the limit is less than half of what they showed you! It's a blatant bait-and-switch tactic that should be illegal!

Try emailing them with a complaint? Good luck! They'll keep you waiting for 8-10 days, only to hit you back with some copy-pasted garbage that has NOTHING to do with your issue. It's like talking to a brick wall, except the wall might actually be more helpful!

And don't get me started on their pathetic excuse for customer service. Want to talk to a human? Hope you've got nothing better to do, because you'll be wasting at least 10 minutes of your life before anyone picks up. And when they do? You're stuck with some unprofessional, clueless agent who couldn't solve a problem if their job depended on it.

I made the colossal mistake of getting their so-called "Legend" credit card last month. The only thing legendary about it is how fast I'm planning to close this card next month. I don't want to have any relationship with this bank whatsoever!
Exactly for my 1st ever indusind card they shown ₹5 lacs but after the approval the card was issued with ₹150K limit. Mailing & phone calls didn’t work regarding this limit issue so i closed the card within 30 days of issuance

Exactly for my 1st ever indusind card they shown ₹5 lacs but after the approval the card was issued with ₹150K limit. Mailing & phone calls didn’t work regarding this limit issue so i closed the card within 30 days of issuance
Fortunately, mine was resolved within 30 days after escalating my complaint to three different escalation levels. Thankfully, I had too many proofs to furnish them, and the escalation to the Credit Cards' Head team resolved the issue within a week. They have now enhanced my credit limit to the promised one.

However, I would still close this card next month because I don't feel confident enough in having any relationship with this bank.

As i came across this post, i rechecked all the mails messages I’ve sent them.
Problems started from Day 1 of Account Opening.
It took me more than 5 attempts to successfully complete the online account opening process
I’ve to message/Call/Mail them every time for everything i do in their mobile app, sometimes unable to login, unable to see Debit card details , Face id registration won’t work, unable to make new FDs or cash old FDs unable to set atm pin, inbuilt upi tab won’t work, they shown me hell in the span of 1 year. Finally & Most ridiculous thing Unable to close the Account. Coz even after gazillion filled forms, Aadhar copies still Aadhar & Signature not updated, so without updated signature can’t close account. The greatest & wisest solution given to me by branch scholars is “leave the account it will be closed automatically coz of signature issue”. This was told to me after making me to fetch Aadhar xerox copies(their machine isn’t working irony is bank employees themselves repairing it by removing everything literally tearing apart).

We had already re-christened this card 😏🤦🏽

We had already re-christened this card 😏🤦🏽
>"LEGAND"
Apt name for this card! 😭😭😭😭
1000067587.webp

I had a different issue with indusind bank they upgraded my ltf card to a legend credit card that had a joining fee of 5000+GST but i never activated that card.
I called the Costumer care to close that card i was not interested in a paid credit card. But they wanted me to pay that fee so as they can close that card.
They are calling me to pay the bill of newly card which i never activated and even they are charging me penalty of non payment. I have mailed them several times from head to nitin staying the issue but no response.

Hi everyone,

Writing this post regarding a bank with the worst tech and a non-existent customer service - IndusInd bank.

I hold an exclusive account with IndusInd and last year in July I was given a chance to upgrade my existing credit card (EazyDiner Signature one) to Crest and I went for it. However the welcome benefits offered during the application were never confirmed when I received the card by customer service hence I never activated it yet they wanted to charge the fee for it. I closed the card in October and didn't apply anything after that.

However I wanted to apply LTF legend in March and tried applying via their website. But it showed this repeatedly (I had no application before that, no card and most of all no application at all since this one can't be considered application because there was no OTP asked / entered)

View attachment 69745
I reached out to their customer care and they took almost ~4 months to figure this. There was so much back and forth and they gave me wrong commitments all along. I even reached out to ombudsman but there's no update there itself since the status says bank is working on it.

Now recently they emailed saying that this has been fixed and I can try an application. Now when I did, they say you already tried earlier and we couldn't validate your PAN with NSDL hence it's declined and we are unable to issue you a card.

Here's the exact email screenshot

View attachment 69748

The lowest a bank can go. I'd happily accept if it was declined basis any other criteria but this is a complete shady practice by IndusInd.

The executives offline say the PAN had been blocked hence the application wouldn't go through. The bank says they can't block the PAN.

The customer care tries to call from the same number which offers personal loan (I registered a DND with them since I was receiving almost 4-5 calls in 1 day to take personal loan). Now they say they can't reach out to me.

I don't know if IndusInd itends to follow guidelines set by RBI or just violate them all along. All in all this is a disastrous experience even after lodging Ombudsman complaint almost a month back.

Good luck dealing with this bank if in future ever an occassion arises when you need to dispute a transaction. God save you!
Well.. This is an usual situation across the banks. However, they should easily be able to override that blocker with some internal approvals from higher ops. Sounds like they aren't interested! 😕

Well.. This is an usual situation across the banks. However, they should easily be able to override that blocker with some internal approvals from higher ops. Sounds like they aren't interested! 😕
They have an incompetent team in place. No one's interested to fix things.

I don't even know when they give a reason "PAN Validation with NSDL failed". I mean how is that my fault? Your system is full of bugs, what am I supposed to do with that.

Your case is literal mirror reflection of mine, after soooooooo many emails, numerous phone calls, hour long explanations for every new executive. it almost took 1 year to make them remove the prompt “ application already exists”. After the removal when i applied for a card they straight away rejected.

Meanwhile, indusind got most complicated phone banking system it involves so many steps & hell of a time to reach or to speak with the customer care executive, then will take eternity to answer the call

As usually, they throw generic responses, for everything we say. most of the times they won’t even understand the actual problem, so they utter some nonsense(most unrelated things they blabber with utmost confidence & attitude) & raises SR, which will be closed automatically after 8-15 days without any response

Believe it or not, after so many branch visits repeated submission of signed Aadhar copies, to this date they Failed to update my Aadhar & signature in their records. Their internet banking is the slowest banking website & most outdated user interface I’ve ever seen, same goes for mobile it throws soooo many errors.
Recently indusind started sending credit card statements for the card that was closed 2 years back(after card closure they stopped the statement mails, but ironically as i said earlier they started sending card statements again{August & Sep}).

I can keep on listing all the worst things they did with internet/mobile/phone banking.

Indusind isn’t fit to even run a small local finance shops(where they revolve money).
100% agreed.

I am having the same issues with them over and over.

Their replies are full BOT ones. Not a single ounce of seriousness.

Back