• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AmEx Explorer Kit has arrived!

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
This is what the AmEx explorer kit looks like..

amex-explorers-kit-is-here-v0-3dcv9zxfpuxc1.jpg

amex-explorers-kit-is-here-v0-1lig1zxfpuxc1.jpg

amex-explorers-kit-is-here-v0-8w4phzxfpuxc1.jpg

amex-explorers-kit-is-here-v0-dinbzuzfpuxc1.jpg

Yet to receive mine but saw online that someone has received them already! That is a sign that shipping has started.

If you applied for a new card using a referral link, you should be getting them soon.
Last date to apply and get this is 16th May 2024.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Dont you guys think the Amazon voucher is more valuable as a referral benefit in comparison to the explorer kit?

I feel like youd probably use and show that you got it around a few times and it's something that will go in a cupboard or hidden somewhere In a shelf

From a utility point of view, it does make sense. Amazon vouchers are loved by a lot more people and cab be used for anything.

From a remember/memory point of view, AmEx is trying to offer you a physical object that you would look upon for months/years and cherish with the fond memory that you referred your friend, the story of how you onboarded them, the struggles of waiting and then getting almost rejected and then finally getting their application approved! If you use the bag tags, they last even longer and you take them on every trip with you unconsciously thinking of the AmEx card.

Brands think more of the story and need maximum remembrance which is why AmEx keeps coming up with such gifts, like the last time it was the playing cards deck. The entire family playing with top-notch quality cards, someone is bound to ask what brand the cards are/where did you get them from and spark the AmEx conversation.

the_collector

TF Premier
From a utility point of view, it does make sense. Amazon vouchers are loved by a lot more people and cab be used for anything.

From a remember/memory point of view, AmEx is trying to offer you a physical object that you would look upon for months/years and cherish with the fond memory that you referred your friend, the story of how you onboarded them, the struggles of waiting and then getting almost rejected and then finally getting their application approved! If you use the bag tags, they last even longer and you take them on every trip with you unconsciously thinking of the AmEx card.

Brands think more of the story and need maximum remembrance which is why AmEx keeps coming up with such gifts, like the last time it was the playing cards deck. The entire family playing with top-notch quality cards, someone is bound to ask what brand the cards are/where did you get them from and spark the AmEx conversation.
I agree! Well put.

It's definitely a conversation starter and definitely great branding by Amex.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I think in explorer's kit for platinum users a compass is provided. It has more classic color pallete as well. I saw the pictures on forum.

EDIT: It was on reddit. Adding link for plat version of explorer's kit.

Thanks for sharing this!

Just looking at pictures, I don't know why but the kit with MRCC and Plat Travel looks better than the one with Charge card, lol.

Transpointer

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
American Express is a scam and waste of money sir. Come to Axis Burgundy sir we will give you Magnus Burgundy and just for you mrcoolguy1 we will also include these 500 rupees toys sir! Our Magnus Burgundy card fees are only 30k too sir

-Amitabh Chaudhry

Rajiv1

TF Neo
This is what the AmEx explorer kit looks like..

amex-explorers-kit-is-here-v0-3dcv9zxfpuxc1.jpg

amex-explorers-kit-is-here-v0-1lig1zxfpuxc1.jpg

amex-explorers-kit-is-here-v0-8w4phzxfpuxc1.jpg

amex-explorers-kit-is-here-v0-dinbzuzfpuxc1.jpg

Yet to receive mine but saw online that someone has received them already! That is a sign that shipping has started.

If you applied for a new card using a referral link, you should be getting them soon.
Last date to apply and get this is 16th May 2024.
How much time it took to get delivered after referal card delivery

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
How much time it took to get delivered after referal card delivery

There are no exact dates, some people are receiving them early while some are getting them late depending on where they stay, when they applied/referred for the card and a lot of other factors.

On the website, it says 120 days so I would say don't wait for it but should get delivered in a while.