• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Gyftr - Amazon voucher transaction on Gyftr are getting failed

Ankitjaat34

TF Buzz
I'm trying to buy Amazon shopping voucher but before OTP transaction is getting failed even I have not completed 10k limit of voucher also any one else facing same issues 1000122550.webp

And to think that you have to pay joining fee and renewal fee every year and are NOT able to spend on the Amex cards on the most profitable option Amazon pay on Amex Gyftr 2x 3x and 5x

It’s not just Amazon actually. Other users are facing issues in buying Uber as well. Amex fr woke up in September and decided to start their slow death

It’s not just Amazon actually. Other users are facing issues in buying Uber as well. Amex fr woke up in September and decided to start their slow death
Because anyway it is almost virtually impossible use Amex cards anywhere in India
Amex Gyftr is the best way to use these cards and if they kill this, then it doesn't make sense to pay for any Amex card.

I had a technical conversation with Gyftr regarding this, they have started mapping cards with numbers. So if you are using a credit card with a particular phone number, it won't work with any other number. You'll have to call on the number mentioned in the screenshot and ask them to reset this for you.

You don't need to change the browser otherwise. Just don't mix and match different cards and different phone numbers.

I had a technical conversation with Gyftr regarding this, they have started mapping cards with numbers. So if you are using a credit card with a particular phone number, it won't work with any other number. You'll have to call on the number mentioned in the screenshot and ask them to reset this for you.

You don't need to change the browser otherwise. Just don't mix and match different cards and different phone numbers.
Could you help me understand why gyftr or Amex would do this? Bare with me because I'm just exploring the whole amex milestone benefits ecosystem as I have been contemplating getting MRCC.

So, if I understand correctly, MRCC gives 1k bonus points 4 times a month for transactions above 1.5k. Which is why people buy 1500x4 amazon pay / shopping vouchers from gyftr. And now that gyftr has started charging convenience fee on amazon vouchers, users would have no incentive to buy the vouchers from gyftr.

So, wouldn't users just buy the same voucher from some other platform, like amazon itself? Or am I missing something?

Could you help me understand why gyftr or Amex would do this? Bare with me because I'm just exploring the whole amex milestone benefits ecosystem as I have been contemplating getting MRCC.

So, if I understand correctly, MRCC gives 1k bonus points 4 times a month for transactions above 1.5k. Which is why people buy 1500x4 amazon pay / shopping vouchers from gyftr. And now that gyftr has started charging convenience fee on amazon vouchers, users would have no incentive to buy the vouchers from gyftr.

So, wouldn't users just buy the same voucher from some other platform, like amazon itself? Or am I missing something?
A lot of people were buying lacs of vouchers using different numbers but same card.

So, to prevent this exploit, Gyftr has linked one card to one number so users can't exploit it.

A lot of people were buying lacs of vouchers using different numbers but same card.

So, to prevent this exploit, Gyftr has linked one card to one number so users can't exploit it.
Gotcha.

But keeping the linking of phone number and other similar issues in mind (failed transactions, availability of limited denominations), is it worth taking the MRCC?

I don't need it as a primary card. I'm trying to find a higher value alternative for SC Smart/Tata Neu Infinity when it comes to insurance payments.

Gotcha.

But keeping the linking of phone number and other similar issues in mind (failed transactions, availability of limited denominations), is it worth taking the MRCC?

I don't need it as a primary card. I'm trying to find a higher value alternative for SC Smart/Tata Neu Infinity when it comes to insurance payments.
MRCC is hands-down the best card out there for 6k transactions every month. Even works great for 20k worth transactions every month!

The availability issue is more so for the exploiters and resellers. For an average user, it will still suffice for your transactions.
You can also buy Swiggy/Uber/Myntra vouchers, they work great too!

Or just swipe the card normally for 1500x4 transactions every month and you will still get 1000 bonus MR points.

Convenience fees? There are no convenience fees on Amex Gyftr. At least it wasn't there 4 days ago.

Users were exploiting the system, hence they made this change. Nothing is lost for genuine users.

How were you able to talk to them? All the IVR options just end abruptly and convo moves to WhatsApp

Back