• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex offering upgrade from Plat Travel to Plat Reserve ,worth it ?

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Currently holding a Plat Travel with limit of 3.69L

Have been offered upgrade to Plat Reserve on call by customer care before when called for some unrelated query

Received below email today

1000126531.jpg 1000126532.jpg 1000126533.jpg 1000126535.jpg 1000126536.jpg

I've been very content with my Plat Travel for last 2 years ,
spending 4L every year with Reward Multiplier as much as possible ,
using Taj Vouchers and Converting MR Points to Marriot Bonvoy for Marriot and ITC Stays ,
it's now my primary card for everywhere Amex is accepted

So my question is ,is it worth it to upgrade ?

m4b

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Why not just accept the upgrade and keep it as a souvenir? Do they close the old card?

PS: They close the old card

Infamous

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

PS: They close the old card
can be a strategy if you're looking to take exit from AMEX and have the offer available lmao

ALOAK

TF Ace
Currently holding a Plat Travel with limit of 3.69L

Have been offered upgrade to Plat Reserve on call by customer care before when called for some unrelated query

Received below email today

1000126531.jpg 1000126532.jpg 1000126533.jpg 1000126535.jpg 1000126536.jpg

I've been very content with my Plat Travel for last 2 years ,
spending 4L every year with Reward Multiplier as much as possible ,
using Taj Vouchers and Converting MR Points to Marriot Bonvoy for Marriot and ITC Stays ,
it's now my primary card for everywhere Amex is accepted

So my question is ,is it worth it to upgrade ?
I too received the same offer still contemplating should I go or not. Plat travel is my primary card along with goldchg mrcc

ayman

TF Buzz
I have also received the mail. I already have MRCC & crossed 4l spends on platinum travel card. Is it worth to upgrade to this card & apply for platinum travel separately using referral after upgrade? Was planning for third card so will gold be better or this one?

The accor plus membership gives 50% off on food at accor & some other benefits if i am not wrong is it worth paying for the fee?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have also received the mail. I already have MRCC & crossed 4l spends on platinum travel card. Is it worth to upgrade to this card & apply for platinum travel separately using referral after upgrade? Was planning for third card so will gold be better or this one?

The accor plus membership gives 50% off on food at accor & some other benefits if i am not wrong is it worth paying for the fee?
Under normal circumstances Gold is better than Reserve..unless your usage is exactly as per it's benefits.
I recommend gold over Reserve