• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX Plat Travel Taj Voucher

PaneerButterMasala

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi TFC,

I recently completed my 4L milestone with Plat Travel and have been waiting for the Taj Voucher.

I noticed that different people received their Taj Vouchers at different time. Some people got it in two weeks, Some even got it within 3 days.

AMEX support says it will take 30 days.

I was wondering if AMEX sends this on some particular days. If you could comment which date you received the voucher, Maybe I can find when will I receive it.

is this a new change? I have sold the voucher a while ago and the redemption was done without any problem
Don’t know. Never tried. Going by what the customer service of both Amex and taj said. And it will be an embarrassing situation to just let your friend or family still checkin and voucher getting denied at the time of checkout.

These vouchers can be used on any publicly available rates. You cannot combine any other offers or memberships with them. All services and F&b thats billed to the room can be settled via this voucher.

These vouchers are non transferrable, you cannot even check in your friends and then leave (can do it for family members though) and you should be present at the time of checkout (thats what the tajhotels exec. said).

They will not extend the validity of the voucher once it expires under any circumstances (confirmed via amex platinum charge line). I had a voucher that was valid till 6th Oct 2024, and I realised it on the 5th. They said you will have to check in on 5th only. I could not do that and the voucher went to waste.
May be a new change on extention, I have extended it earlier few times, but when i request for extention the executive mentioned extention can only be done once and for 3 months from requested date, so be sure of booking before extending

So from here you can only choose standard rates and not packages with voucher, is it?
From my experience till 2022, everything is allowed no restriction from the pricing shown in Taj hotels website / app. All you need to do is call up Taj hotel reservation desk and make the reservation and let them know you pay by vouchers.

From my experience till 2022, everything is allowed no restriction from the pricing shown in Taj hotels website / app. All you need to do is call up Taj hotel reservation desk and make the reservation and let them know you pay by vouchers.
Oo, you cannot book online via vouchers?

This is what i did last yr
Oo, you cannot book online via vouchers?
You can but if you book wrong rate the hotel might deny redeeming voucher, all though plenty have gotten away with redeeming voucher on online discounted rates, so it depends

thas unserstood, but anywhere it says it can be used in packages or not?
It is better to check with the property. Last time I checked, they said that Amex Taj voucher cannot be used on package rates also as they are discounted to some extent.

But as I said, some city hotels may allow and you will only know by calling them

Back