• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex reapplication advice

ghost of sparta

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have applied for Amex platinum travel credit card in March 2024. I have an ITR of 29L, so I’m eligible for this card. But my application is rejected. They didn’t even ask for income documents.

I read technofino’s post and ensured that
and I have only one cibil enquiry from jan-march. And cibil score is >780.

So the rejection is surprising to me. I asked for reconsideration but a customer care executive called and said that it is rejected due to some internal criteria that they cannot disclose.

Anyways, 90 days have passed and I am thinking to reapply for the platinum travel credit card.

Amex veterans, please advise on what I can do differently this time.

So I am looking for a referral for the same. Please share your referral if you can.

Edit:
More info: I’m a salaried individual at an MNC.

Edti-2: Thank you all, for the advice. My plat travel is approved with 9L limit.

Last edited:
I have applied for Amex platinum travel credit card in March 2024. I have an ITR of 29L, so I’m eligible for this card. But my application is rejected. They didn’t even ask for income documents.

I read technofino’s post and ensured that
and I have only one cibil enquiry from jan-march. And cibil score is >780.

So the rejection is surprising to me. I asked for reconsideration but a customer care executive called and said that it is rejected due to some internal criteria that they cannot disclose.

Anyways, 90 days have passed and I am thinking to reapply for the platinum travel credit card.

Amex veterans, please advise on what I can do differently this time.

So I am looking for a referral for the same. Please share your referral if you can.

Edit:
More info: I’m a salaried individual at an MNC.

Edti-2: Thank you all, for the advice. My plat travel is approved with 9L limit.
Hi all,

If anyone can help me with the same. I have applied thrice for Amex platinum travel card with a gap of 90 days in each of these applications but go rejected with reason not meeting internal criteria. Last application was in April. I have a Cibil score of 800 plus and ITR of 35 lakh plus based out of Bangalore and work for an MNC. Request if someone can guide me with some tips to get Amex platinum travel card. Thanks

Reactions: SSV
Hi all,

If anyone can help me with the same. I have applied thrice for Amex platinum travel card with a gap of 90 days in each of these applications but go rejected with reason not meeting internal criteria. Last application was in April. I have a Cibil score of 800 plus and ITR of 35 lakh plus based out of Bangalore and work for an MNC. Request if someone can guide me with some tips to get Amex platinum travel card. Thanks
I have DMed you .. Respond there..

Hi all,

Are you over leveraged?

Is your aadhaar address in a servicable area?

Hi all,

- address proof should be serviceable.
- number of enquiries in last 3 months.
- Hopefully you provided company email address and verified by clicking that mail.

= rest all you're good.

- address proof should be serviceable.
- number of enquiries in last 3 months.
- Hopefully you provided company email address and verified by clicking that mail.

= rest all you're good.
Hi,

I live in Bangalore city and enquiry last 3 months is only 1 and that’s only Amex. Company mail address they never asked so default mail id provided was my personal mail id. I didn’t get any mail for verification too.

Hi,

I live in Bangalore city and enquiry last 3 months is only 1 and that’s only Amex. Company mail address they never asked so default mail id provided was my personal mail id. I didn’t get any mail for verification too.
You don't need official email address confirmation

Hi,

then mostly all good. any specific reason they mentioned?

how many times in 90 days gap applied?

Back