• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation Amex Rewards Multiplier -AmazonPay Limit - Devalued further?

SpidySpider

TF Premier
As you all know, recently monthly Amex Reward Multiplier limit for AmazonPay vouchers was reduced from 25k to 10k per mobile number.

Now it seems they have further reduced the number of vouchers you can purchase by mapping the card number too.

As confirmed by Amex Gyftr CC, they have started mapping the card number to the mobile number you use to purchase the gvs, hence you will be able to use the card only once. (The worst thing is you would have to do trial and error about which number has which card mapped).
They said the portal might let you use it for another account rarely but generally it won't.

It wont let you buy Apay vouchers from the same card even when using a different mobile number.
Tried yesterday, the txn got failed after entering the OTP, amt not deducted. But in some cases the amt has been deducted and has taken 7-8 days for refund.
Also it has mentioned by someone in another thread:

Did you guys experience anything like this?

If they keep doing things like these, the way they have on-boarded so many customers in the past few months, the same way customers will start de-boarding them.🥸

Last edited:

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
As you all know, recently monthly Amex Reward Multiplier limit for AmazonPay vouchers was reduced from 25k to 10k per mobile number.

Now it seems they have further reduced the number of vouchers you can purchase by mapping the card number too.

As confirmed by Amex Gyftr CC, they have started mapping the card number to the mobile number you use to purchase the gvs, hence you will be able to use the card only once. (The worst thing is you would have to do trial and error about which number has which card mapped).
They said the portal might let you use it for another account rarely but generally it won't.

It wont let you buy Apay vouchers from the same card even when using a different mobile number.
Tried yesterday, the txn got failed after entering the OTP, amt not deducted. But in some cases the amt has been deducted and has taken 7-8 days for refund.
Also it has mentioned by someone in another thread:

If they keep doing things like these, the way they have on-boarded so many customers in the past few months, the same way customers will start de-boarding them.🥸
Just take addon and use the addon+phone number if that's the case.
But even this month I was able to purchase 40k worth of apay vouchers using different addon number + primary card combination.

silly_putty

TF Premier
Just take addon and use the addon+phone number if that's the case.
But even this month I was able to purchase 40k worth of apay vouchers using different addon number + primary card combination.
i want to purchase 50k worth apay vouchers for travel card and im an add on to his card. I unfortunately cannot purchase more than 5k worth apay voucher even though i bought only 2k this month. could you please help me here?

Riya

TF Ace
So how are you supposed to buy 6 x 1000 Amazon pay with gold card and 4 x 1500 Amazon pay with MRCC?

If you can't do this, then the entire purpose of keeping these two cards is defeated
buy 1500x4 from MRCC and then 1000x4 from Gold Charge by your primary number....
then from any other number and email buy remaining vouchers... worked for me for last 2 months....

Rahul098

TF Select
For me it's even worse. This month I bought 6x1000 AGVs using Gold card, 1x1500 AGVs and a combination of 1000 Jockey, 500 AGV and 250 Uber using MRCC. So in total Rs.8000 AGV, and total Rs.9250 worth of vouchers.

Today morning Gyftr is refusing to even add any AGV to the card saying I have already exhausted my limit of Rs.10000 in AGV! Even the total value of vouchers haven't crossed that amount! I think Gyftr is now just arbitrarily shadowbanning accounts making huge purchases. Gyftr "support" is unreachable and AMEX says they are helpless.
This once happened to me as well the support asked me to clear cache in the browser and try again and if worked for me, try it if you haven't let's see if it works

Riya

TF Ace
For me it's even worse. This month I bought 6x1000 AGVs using Gold card, 1x1500 AGVs and a combination of 1000 Jockey, 500 AGV and 250 Uber using MRCC. So in total Rs.8000 AGV, and total Rs.9250 worth of vouchers.

Today morning Gyftr is refusing to even add any AGV to the card saying I have already exhausted my limit of Rs.10000 in AGV! Even the total value of vouchers haven't crossed that amount! I think Gyftr is now just arbitrarily shadowbanning accounts making huge purchases. Gyftr "support" is unreachable and AMEX says they are helpless.
The limit is only for APay gift cards, not for other ones... Even Amex is zipped about this issue when raised a month ago...

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So how are you supposed to buy 6 x 1000 Amazon pay with Gold charge card and 4 x 1500 Amazon pay with MRCC every month?

If you can't do this, then the entire purpose of keeping these two cards is defeated
The purpose of a credit card is not for each customer to milk it and abuse it to the maximum extent possible. It is meant to be used for regular expenses. So make payments for groceries, fuel, dining out, purchases of clothing etc.

rogerthat

TF Ace

Got through to AMEX support who said it's Gyftr's fault and to wait until the transactions are settled. If there's still a problem would see. Fortunately the issue got resolved after the transaction settled. I was able to buy more APay vouchers until the 10k limit.

However, it is still telling that Gyftr has such shabby systems in place.