• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation Amex Rewards Multiplier -AmazonPay Limit - Devalued further?

SpidySpider

TF Premier
As you all know, recently monthly Amex Reward Multiplier limit for AmazonPay vouchers was reduced from 25k to 10k per mobile number.

Now it seems they have further reduced the number of vouchers you can purchase by mapping the card number too.

As confirmed by Amex Gyftr CC, they have started mapping the card number to the mobile number you use to purchase the gvs, hence you will be able to use the card only once. (The worst thing is you would have to do trial and error about which number has which card mapped).
They said the portal might let you use it for another account rarely but generally it won't.

It wont let you buy Apay vouchers from the same card even when using a different mobile number.
Tried yesterday, the txn got failed after entering the OTP, amt not deducted. But in some cases the amt has been deducted and has taken 7-8 days for refund.
Also it has mentioned by someone in another thread:

Did you guys experience anything like this?

If they keep doing things like these, the way they have on-boarded so many customers in the past few months, the same way customers will start de-boarding them.🥸

Last edited:
Amex gyftr is now offering only 250/- and 500/- denomination vouchers for Amazon pay View attachment 65083….making it even more difficult to us. I had to buy 8 vouchers of 500/- value to add 4000/- to my Amazon pay
Right now for the past 2-3 months they are only giving max 2K denomination voucher only. But even those quota must have been exhausted due to high purchases.

Yes it's a pain to buy low denomination vouchers, but yes have to go it. That's the only option we have now. Off late Amazon Pay is becoming parallel currently these days.

Amex gyftr is now offering only 250/- and 500/- denomination vouchers for Amazon pay View attachment 65083….making it even more difficult to us. I had to buy 8 vouchers of 500/- value to add 4000/- to my Amazon pay
You need to buy 12000 Amazon pay on Amex Gyftr every month --
6 x 1000 using Gold charge card
4 x 1500 using MRCC

Amex is making it more and more difficult for all their customers

New amex user here -- Q. Can I make only one purchase of 10K using my mrcc on gyftr or can I make four separate purchases for 1500, and then one for 4000? Aggregate of 10K with 5 purchases?

Back