• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Taj Vouchers - I can use it any Taj or Vivanta hotel for my stay

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I had query on Taj vouchers which we can get using Amex MR points redemption or when we get on achieving milestone in Plat Travel.

Wanted to check whether I can use it any Taj or Vivanta hotel for my stay which I am booking using Taj website or do I need to confirm with the hotel before booking? Basically, are the vouchers valid for all stays booked from website or there are certain conditions for same?

I have never used Taj Voucher from Amex and sorry have few questions
1) I am getting the voucher from friend so can I book room on my name and use it
2)while trying to book on tajhotels.com, i saw option to redeem the gift voucher, isnt that safer than using at the time of checkout to avoid surprises? Which1 you think is safer option?
3) I saw its not recommended to use on members rate, what about "member package" and "other package" category? like Desh Dekho Offer- Breakfast and One Major Meal
4. If voucher is used while booking online, can the balance amount still be used in foods etc?

Pls help with the questions

View attachment 65161

4. If voucher is used while booking online, can the balance amount still be used in foods etc?

@SM24 @arvindamitraa @hrish88 @Atulladia @aayusharyan @787 @seekerxbx @ALOAK

@Swastik

1. Voucher can be used by the voucher holder(card holder) only, they should be one of the guest in the booking

2. I'm not aware of any option to redeem voucher online, they need to be physically redeemed at the hotel only

3. Member package and other packages are still promotional rates, voucher can only be used on publicly available rate

4. Not sure about online, but once you've booked the room you can use any balance amount on voucher on food and spa bills

As such when in doubt you can always call up taj hotels helpline to clarify anything

*certain people have used the voucher on special discounted rate but this is more of a hit and miss situation as hotel might not honour it at check out, depends on your luck

I have never used Taj Voucher from Amex and sorry have few questions
1) I am getting the voucher from friend so can I book room on my name and use it
2)while trying to book on tajhotels.com, i saw option to redeem the gift voucher, isnt that safer than using at the time of checkout to avoid surprises? Which1 you think is safer option?
3) I saw its not recommended to use on members rate, what about "member package" and "other package" category? like Desh Dekho Offer- Breakfast and One Major Meal

View attachment 65161

@SM24 @arvindamitraa @hrish88 @Atulladia @aayusharyan @787 @seekerxbx @ALOAK

@Swastik

As per tnc you can't book it under your name of your friends voucher. Incase you want it to be done then your friend has to be present.
If you can redeem it online then no issue. I have redeemed it to member rates to but some properties they say no sofar never faced it. You can use the voucher on any offer
I believe you have 2 options on fully.pay and another pay at hotel. Vouchers not sure if balance available will it allow on online. Normally say you room rate is 15k then 10k voucher gets adjusted and balance you need to pay by card or upi which ever mode.
I normally pay at hotel because if any balance left it will get adjusted to the total billing . For eg my total in my last stay for room rate was 9999 1 re was left so when I had lunch or so that 1 re got adjusted with total billing of 11700 so I paid 1699 balance amt.
The balance amount t can be used for food. But you need to inform them at restraunt.they will adjust it at the bill as paid for balance you can pay by card.
Happy stay.

On the website, redeem gift card section, if I enter Amex gift card (either from Mrcc or platinum travel) it says Entered gift card is not allowed for online redemption. However, if I enter gift card I received from HDFC Biz Black gyftr it applies and reduces the total to pay. So it seems Amex gift cards are really something else and could have more restricted tncs than normal gift cards purchased online.

I called the reservation desk and asked to book using gift card not mentioning anything about Amex. His immediate response was if it's Amex gift card need to book public rate (although offers like desh dekho) can be used but cannot use it on the member rate. If it's a gift card from friends/family than any rate can be booked

It does not matter normally who is redeeming the gift card as long as its valid.

As for Amex taj gift card the issue is taj don't get full value.for example if someone redeems 10K then Amex only gives 8k for that. That is why discounted rates are not allowed.this is what i have been told at Rambagh 15 days back.

Also taj has updated the digital stack recently.I will be shocked if someone can redeem the Amex voucher from here on.previously the system used to accept the Amex voucher but it seems taj has patched that

It does not matter normally who is redeeming the gift card as long as its valid.

As for Amex taj gift card the issue is taj don't get full value.for example if someone redeems 10K then Amex only gives 8k for that. That is why discounted rates are not allowed.this is what i have been told at Rambagh 15 days back.

Also taj has updated the digital stack recently.I will be shocked if someone can redeem the Amex voucher from here on.previously the system used to accept the Amex voucher but it seems taj has patched that
When was it patched? I used Amex vouchers on discounted rate on 26th July.

Back