• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Annual Fee waiver in credit card

FinoGuy

TF Legend
Many of the credit cards have fee waiver on certain spend amount in a year.
My credit card has fee waiver on 2L spends
1)for considering spends based fee waiver, are monthly statement amount(spends - amount prepaid before bill generated) considered or actual spends(regardless of statement, refunds prepayments etc) ?
2)how do I know for sure that my coming year annual fee is waived off after achieving this criteria? Is there a way to know before they charge annual fee?

Many of the credit cards have fee waiver on certain spend amount in a year.
My credit card has fee waiver on 2L spends
1)for considering spends based fee waiver, are monthly statement amount(spends - amount prepaid before bill generated) considered or actual spends(regardless of statement, refunds prepayments etc) ?
2)how do I know for sure that my coming year annual fee is waived off after achieving this criteria? Is there a way to know before they charge annual fee?
Total Spends minus refunds and reversals

You can check with ILA on SBI app, if you see your total spend crossed the required annual fee reversal then your fee will be waived off after you see its charged in your statement by calling SBI customer care.
I think SBI always charge you annual fee in statement and you need to call them to reverse it.

You can check with ILA on SBI app, if you see your total spend crossed the required annual fee reversal then your fee will be waived off after you see its charged in your statement by calling SBI customer care.
I think SBI always charge you annual fee in statement and you need to call them to reverse it.
Do they reverse the charges easily?

Do they reverse the charges easily?
They charge but automatically reverse in next statement if you met the criteria.
Refer this:

They charge but automatically reverse in next statement if you met the criteria.
Refer this:
What if i don't meet the criteria, Then also can i request them for fee reversal?

Tried ILA:Got a reply on total Spends but in disclaimer which is written below it states : "the spends mentioned here may not be used for calculating eligibility for spend based fee reversal or milestone rewards "

Tried ILA:Got a reply on total Spends but in disclaimer which is written below it states : "the spends mentioned here may not be used for calculating eligibility for spend based fee reversal or milestone rewards "

Try contacting customer care then. I had a bad experience of contacting them. In Sept, I tried to ask them same about my annual spend but they gave me amount till june end only and said that is what they can tell me. I even went to nodal officer but they also told me same they don't have real time spend of my card and I need to wait till the total spend amount get updated at their end. The only thing I understood from this experience is that wait till annual fee gets charged, call them, they will check then total spend on my card and then reverse it if it satisfied waiver spend amount.

best way IMO is to calculate the total bill apid by you.
for eg - Jan + Feb + Mar and so on and see what the total comes out to be.

Secondly, whenever the Fee waiver criteria is met, they'll send you an email/sms.

Oh good to hear so if someone spend 2lakh in cash back card will they get sms for next yr charges
On my other SBI Card i got the SMS and mail when the criteria was met, same with Axis, HDFC and Citi card.
So SBI Cashback card should send the message too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-02-09-13-55-22_2f20755c0aae550d197f1001c44045a4.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-02-09-13-55-22_2f20755c0aae550d197f1001c44045a4.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 29
Back