• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any chance of making FYF Kotak White as LTF?

sri_cc

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I've taken Kotak White CC as FYF last year, intention was always to close after the first year, which is next month. But now with the whole ban thing, is there a way Kotak's going to make my White CC LTF? (yeah I'm greedy 💰)

No chance for LTF unless you are HNI of the BANK 🤣

you can swap with any other card as LTF

If they atleast waived off the fee, please tell me.

Best of luck.

you can swap with any other card as LTF
I've already taken Kotak Rupay with shared limit as LTF, it can continue even if I close this card right? (it is reported as a seperate account in CIBIL, hence assuming it should work even if I close the white card)

I've already taken Kotak Rupay with shared limit as LTF, it can continue even if I close this card right? (it is reported as a seperate account in CIBIL, hence assuming it should work even if I close the white card)
I advise you to not close the card, until you have another physical Card.

You can swap it for ltf league platinum.

Express them you have other bank cards as LTF and have taken card for special events powered by bookmyshow and kotak Bank. Express them you have failed to book tickets and avail cashback for concert just 2nd day of pre-booking.

Kotak banned to issue new cards, so max they give other card fyf or ltf.

Luck means fee reversal.

fees is not charged yet

didn't understand this part
Just lie, you tried booking but discount cap reached and you can't avail discount and it's of no use (card)

Kotak partnered with bookmyshow for big show off events and providing discounts in pre-sale via their white card and white reserve card.

1719932627950.png

At the most they will offer you zen ltf, but if you are lucky then they may offer white ltf. However retention team would have the power to do the needful. For which you would have to take the chance of card closure and they would contact you.

I've asked them to cancel the card and they said they will cancel the card.
I've asked them if downgrade is possible, they're saying due to RBI ban, they can't do that. (I remember HDFC giving updgrades during ban saying these are not new cards.). Also, Kotak is using the word Pause instead of ban :ROFLMAO:.
Then they suggested to wait until next month and once the card is charged with fees, then contact them again to get it reversed.
Then I asked if there's a guarantee that it will be reversed, they said they can't give guarantee.
So I went ahead and asked them to close it.
I've mostly used this card only for 080 Lounge in BLR, other than that, have never even used the card.
So a good deal for the last one year in the end and it fetched me another Kotak LTF card, so no regrets.
I anyways have the RuPay card which is LTF, which will serve me for sales.

CC @Tejo

I've asked them to cancel the card and they said they will cancel the card.
I've asked them if downgrade is possible, they're saying due to RBI ban, they can't do that. (I remember HDFC giving updgrades during ban saying these are not new cards.). Also, Kotak is using the word Pause instead of ban :ROFLMAO:.
Then they suggested to wait until next month and once the card is charged with fees, then contact them again to get it reversed.
Then I asked if there's a guarantee that it will be reversed, they said they can't give guarantee.
So I went ahead and asked them to close it.
I've mostly used this card only for 080 Lounge in BLR, other than that, have never even used the card.
So a good deal for the last one year in the end and it fetched me another Kotak LTF card, so no regrets.
I anyways have the RuPay card which is LTF, which will serve me for sales.

CC @Tejo
So you closed ASAP, right ?

Kotak nowadays even refunding debit card fees.

Kotak changed after that ban 🤣

* when a card fee is charged further you didnt avail any card benefit or credit limit ... then bank will reverse the charge, if we are going to close it ... do not be hurry in closing cards.

Me too, Only for priority pass, I was maintaining it.

couldn't take the risk, if they didn't reverse it for some reason, then it would be ~4K loss for me and whatever it's giving, is substituted by other cards now, hence didn't take the risk

Back