• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Applied for ICICI Bank Sapphiro credit card by mistake

sidk04

TF Buzz
I was just checking out iMobile app where I found an option to upgrade my ICICI Platinum card to ICICI Sapphiro. Out of curiosity I clicked on upgrade button. I thought it would ask for some OTP or confirmation before going ahead. However, without any confirmation my card was upgraded and generated immediately. This card is not LTF. The perks offered by this card is not worth its fees.

Now, the original platinum card I had was the oldest card in my portfolio. I believe, If I close the Sapphiro card, my oldest card will get cancelled which will affect my Credit Score. I asked customer care to degrade my card to some LTF card. However, they said the card will get cancelled and new card will be issued. Is there any way I can keep my oldest card while also degrading it to some LTF one?

Last edited:

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
I was just checking out iMobile app where I found an option to upgrade my ICICI Platinum card to ICICI Sapphiro. Out of curiosity I clicked on upgrade button. I thought it would ask for some OTP or confirmation before going ahead. However, without any confirmation my card was upgraded and generated immediately. This card is not LTF. The perks offered by this card is not worth its fees.

Now, the original platinum card I had was the oldest card in my portfolio. I believe, If I close the Sapphiro card, my oldest card will get cancelled which will affect my Credit Score. I asked customer care to degrade my card to some LTF card. However, they said the card will get cancelled and new card will be issued. Is there any way I can keep my oldest card while also degrading it to some LTF one?
Call CC and ask for cancellation

Even if they attemp the delivery, accept it but dont activate and ask cc to cancel

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor

ICICI never closes your old card after upgrade so be calm and cool.Your ICICI platinum would not be closed.Just check in I mobile app ,you will see two cards.

Just don't activate the sapphiro card..It will be auto cancelled .

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
After you receive the Sapphiro, don't activate it. If they call then tell them that you were under impression that it will be LTF. make an attempt to convert it to LTF. If they confirm it then great. Or else do not activate and let it lapse.

pranjal1984

TF Premier
I had done the same thing. I upgraded to MMT Signature and Sapphiro from iMobile app. Then when I realised my mistake, I immediately applied for card cancellation through service requests option. Both cards were auto cancelled the next day . So now I am left with Platinum Card.

saidso

TF Buzz

did they accept your LTF request after you received the card?