• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Applying infinia via RM. What precautions should I take?

tachniki

TF Select
Hi,

I plan to apply Infinia credit card via RM.

I don't have very good past with HDFC. They have rejected my applications for credit cards tons of times. First Tata Neu Infinity in late 2022 and early 2023. Finally, I got that through their Tata IPL leaque play. Then they kept rejecting my swiggy card. Now they seem to have permanently blocked me. :) Getting following banner for about 3 months.

1724602784371.webp

Only recently (after opening preferred account with them), I realized that I had emv signature credit card (yes that was the name of credit card in 2012). I had asked them to close that in 2014. But looks like they have left it as dormant. There was no due on it.

Now, what precautions should I take while applying through RM, so that application is not rejected. I don't want to wait for pre-approved offer to come as I have some good expenses coming up. If this doesn't work, I will look for premium card from another bank. Duh.

I easily fulfil salary criteria. But I don't think that matters as much. Cibil is 800+. Experian 816. Three cibil hits in last three months (including one from HDFC).

Note: My answer is not directly related to your specific query, but it's more of a general answer.

I don't want to give a negative answer that might discourage you, but it’s important to consider that you’re applying for a card that is "invite" based.

Secondly, there's no guaranteed way to get this card, even if you meet all their requirements. Unless you go for a ULIP strategy or use some makeshift (jugaad) way, there is no foolproof way to get this card always.

I’ve read many cases where the RM was very confident, but the applicant still received a rejection email, which leaves the RM confused of what to do next. You will be surprised more.

A better approach, from what I've observed in this community (though it’s not guaranteed) is to first get a core card that you can get with 100% certainty, such as the Regalia Gold, DCP, or DCB.

Then, use it extensively and explain to HDFC that your spending are much more than what you got offered. This might improve your chances of getting the Infinia. Good luck

(I'm not an Infinia user, but I'm sharing this based on what I’ve seen.)

Note: My answer is not directly related to your specific query, but it's more of a general answer.

I don't want to give a negative answer that might discourage you, but it’s important to consider that you’re applying for a card that is "invite" based.

Secondly, there's no guaranteed way to get this card, even if you meet all their requirements. Unless you go for a ULIP strategy or use some makeshift (jugaad) way, there is no foolproof way to get this card always.

I’ve read many cases where the RM was very confident, but the applicant still received a rejection email, which leaves the RM confused of what to do next. You will be surprised more.

A better approach, from what I've observed in this community as well (though it’s not guaranteed) is to first get a core card that you can get with 100% certainty, such as the Regalia Gold, DCP, or DCB.

Then, use it extensively and explain to HDFC that your spending are much more than what you got offered. This might improve your chances of getting the Infinia. Good luck

Thanks for the response. I have low hope already on this one. But wanted to try genuinely once before going for another card.

A better approach, from what I've observed in this community (though it’s not guaranteed) is to first get a core card that you can get with 100% certainty, such as the Regalia Gold, DCP, or DCB.

Also, I do not have requirement for any ULIP. So, will not go for it.

Interestingly, when I talked to RM, he has not mentioned even ULIP or any other requirement. :man-facepalming:

Also, I do not have requirement for any ULIP. So, will not go for it.

Interestingly, when I talked to RM, he has not mentioned even ULIP or any other requirement. :man-facepalming:
Yes, it's not mandatory, but I think ULIP gives them a good chunk of commission, that's why they force applicants for it. Good to hear, he didn't mentioned that to you.

I am in the process of applying via BM & RM. As per the recorded mail with the grievance team, they didn’t tell me that it’s invite only and asked my RM to reach out to me for the Infinia application. Will let you know.

Hi,

I plan to apply Infinia credit card via RM.

I don't have very good past with HDFC. They have rejected my applications for credit cards tons of times. First Tata Neu Infinity in late 2022 and early 2023. Finally, I got that through their Tata IPL leaque play. Then they kept rejecting my swiggy card. Now they seem to have permanently blocked me. :) Getting following banner for about 3 months.

View attachment 66260

Only recently (after opening preferred account with them), I realized that I had emv signature credit card (yes that was the name of credit card in 2012). I had asked them to close that in 2014. But looks like they have left it as dormant. There was no due on it.

Now, what precautions should I take while applying through RM, so that application is not rejected. I don't want to wait for pre-approved offer to come as I have some good expenses coming up. If this doesn't work, I will look for premium card from another bank. Duh.

I easily fulfil salary criteria. But I don't think that matters as much. Cibil is 800+. Experian 816. Three cibil hits in last three months (including one from HDFC).
Hey there first thing make sure that you're purchasing doesn't have capping so potential earning is limited. So provide us where to will spending. Rm would ask for investment plus what your current limit on hdfc cc?

Reactions: BVC
I am in the process of applying via BM & RM. As per the recorded mail with the grievance team, they didn’t tell me that it’s invite only and asked my RM to reach out to me for the Infinia application. Will let you know.
Previously when I wrote to Infinia team, they asked me to apply if my monthly salary was above 3.5L, then second time they said it was invite only. When I opened savings account, my BM said if my ITR above 35L, now the they are saying 32L+. This time I am applying and the team is currently checking documents. Yet to receive confirmation from their side. Fyi, I am NTB to HDFC credit cards.

Previously when I wrote to Infinia team, they asked me to apply if my monthly salary was above 3.5L, then second time they said it was invite only. When I opened savings account, my BM said if my ITR above 35L, now the they are saying 32L+. This time I am applying and the team is currently checking documents. Yet to receive confirmation from their side. Fyi, I am NTB to HDFC credit cards.
Friendship ended with m4b aka Axis? xD

Looks like they just have some excuse when rejecting. :)

Ways to get Infinia:

Existing Customers:

- High NRV and dictate terms with RM/BM
- ULIP with RM/BM/GH support
- CL 8L above on Core HDFC credit Card and spends more than 8L in last 6 months.
- By giving some business baits like General Insurance, Term Insurance during Quarter end of Year End
- High FD offering (more than 10L in some cases)

NTB:

- Negotiate with your Salary (Imperia Banking or transfer your accounts from other banks)
- Approach new branches opened as they will be hunger for business and help.
- Use referral contacts before getting banking relationship with branch.

These are observed patterns in TF and some of my own experiences.

Last edited:
Ways to get Infinia:

Existing Customers:

- CL 8L above on Core HDFC credit Card and spends more than 8L in last 6 months.
- By giving some business baits like General Insurance, Term Insurance during Quarter end of Year End
- High FD offering (more than 10L in some cases(

NTB:

- Negotiate with your Salary (Imperia Banking or transfer your accounts from other banks)

You’re right. I’d wish to add my views too:

For NTB customers, quite a few seem to have been offered Infinia even without a fat salary. But yes, to have approached a new branch—that is hungry for business—is indeed a plus point.

For existing customers, it is my personal view that a high NRV isn’t necessary, and several other factors are actually given far more weightage. My own case is this:

- I never had a high NRV with HDFC at any given point in time [HDFC CC customer since Jan 2008; HDFC SB customer since 2010]; I only had ~5/6/7 Lakhs as my total NRV with the bank over the years [often, even less]
- Most of my RM/BMs didn’t even meet me even once [some didn’t even speak over phone]
- Never had any ULIP [or anything similar] with HDFC
- Didn’t have General Insurance, Term Insurance, etc with HDFC. Ever.
- All FDs of mine have only totalled ~5-7 L. Not more. In fact, my FDs comprise of my total NRV, along with about ~16-18k in two SB accounts. That’s all.

I was still offered Infinia. Twice. I declined the first offer (in 2021)—which was “open” for me for at least 3-4 months—thought I did accept the offer earlier in 2024.

Just about the only thing I had was regular spends. Very regular spends, and always comfortably over the spending threshold that they require for Infinia. That’s all.

Ways to get Infinia:

Existing Customers:

- High FD offering (more than 10L in some cases(

NTB:

How much NRV can be considered as high NRV?

Back