• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Applying infinia via RM. What precautions should I take?

tachniki

TF Select
Hi,

I plan to apply Infinia credit card via RM.

I don't have very good past with HDFC. They have rejected my applications for credit cards tons of times. First Tata Neu Infinity in late 2022 and early 2023. Finally, I got that through their Tata IPL leaque play. Then they kept rejecting my swiggy card. Now they seem to have permanently blocked me. :) Getting following banner for about 3 months.

1724602784371.webp

Only recently (after opening preferred account with them), I realized that I had emv signature credit card (yes that was the name of credit card in 2012). I had asked them to close that in 2014. But looks like they have left it as dormant. There was no due on it.

Now, what precautions should I take while applying through RM, so that application is not rejected. I don't want to wait for pre-approved offer to come as I have some good expenses coming up. If this doesn't work, I will look for premium card from another bank. Duh.

I easily fulfil salary criteria. But I don't think that matters as much. Cibil is 800+. Experian 816. Three cibil hits in last three months (including one from HDFC).

Hi,

I plan to apply Infinia credit card via RM.

I don't have very good past with HDFC. They have rejected my applications for credit cards tons of times. First Tata Neu Infinity in late 2022 and early 2023. Finally, I got that through their Tata IPL leaque play. Then they kept rejecting my swiggy card. Now they seem to have permanently blocked me. :) Getting following banner for about 3 months.

View attachment 66260

Only recently (after opening preferred account with them), I realized that I had emv signature credit card (yes that was the name of credit card in 2012). I had asked them to close that in 2014. But looks like they have left it as dormant. There was no due on it.

Now, what precautions should I take while applying through RM, so that application is not rejected. I don't want to wait for pre-approved offer to come as I have some good expenses coming up. If this doesn't work, I will look for premium card from another bank. Duh.

I easily fulfil salary criteria. But I don't think that matters as much. Cibil is 800+. Experian 816. Three cibil hits in last three months (including one from HDFC).
Are bhai

INFINIA is upgrade only invite based card

If u meet criteria or u get invite
Both work so
Which way u r going with rm

Better maintain in axis get
Magnus burgundy

And apply DCB C2C after few months
I was a burgundy customer for several months; asshats did nothing for months when I told them a dozen times that I had issues accessing the credit card section due to some random error saying my application was in process when I did not apply. After I moved the funds out of the account, they magically found the issue and fixed it in 2 days.

You’re right. I’d wish to add my views too:

For NTB customers, quite a few seem to have been offered Infinia even without a fat salary. But yes, to have approached a new branch—that is hungry for business—is indeed a plus point.

For existing customers, it is my personal view that a high NRV isn’t necessary, and several other factors are actually given far more weightage. My own case is this:

- I never had a high NRV with HDFC at any given point in time [HDFC CC customer since Jan 2008; HDFC SB customer since 2010]; I only had ~5/6/7 Lakhs as my total NRV with the bank over the years [often, even less]
- Most of my RM/BMs didn’t even meet me even once [some didn’t even speak over phone]
- Never had any ULIP [or anything similar] with HDFC
- Didn’t have General Insurance, Term Insurance, etc with HDFC. Ever.
- All FDs of mine have only totalled ~5-7 L. Not more. In fact, my FDs comprise of my total NRV, along with about ~16-18k in two SB accounts. That’s all.

I was still offered Infinia. Twice. I declined the first offer (in 2021)—which was “open” for me for at least 3-4 months—thought I did accept the offer earlier in 2024.

Just about the only thing I had was regular spends. Very regular spends, and always comfortably over the spending threshold that they require for Infinia. That’s all.
I can put more FD if needed. They should mention it. But looks like even that is not fixed. Instead, there is just too much randomness. I will look for another card if this does not work. 🙂

I am actually on a very similar boat.
I do have very good relation with the BM as well as RM as they both stay in my community :hehe:

I am expecting some good cash inflow in coming weeks and I am already trying to negotiate with RM/BM for an Infinia, the return assurance I am going to give is a high amount FD (15 lks and above).

I currently hold DCP with just 4.5lks limit (since last 2 yrs+).
I am still not confident if they will be able to help me with Infinia. I am also all game if I get DCB instead and try for Infinia next year. With my relation with BM, I will try to make sure in advance regarding the card upgrade before I actually go and get FD done with them, will post here once all these negotiations gets over with updates.

Ways to get Infinia:

Existing Customers:

- High NRV and dictate terms with RM/BM
- ULIP with RM/BM/GH support
- CL 8L above on Core HDFC credit Card and spends more than 8L in last 6 months.
- By giving some business baits like General Insurance, Term Insurance during Quarter end of Year End
- High FD offering (more than 10L in some cases)

NTB:

- Negotiate with your Salary (Imperia Banking or transfer your accounts from other banks)
- Approach new branches opened as they will be hunger for business and help.
- Use referral contacts before getting banking relationship with branch.

These are observed patterns in TF and some of my own experiences.
High FD offering (more than 10L in some cases
Above 50L -2Cr in tier 1 city for sure. Can't comment on any other city though plus even you don't have 36/42 ITR or spend of 7.5 in 6 months and take ULIP. RM can or will upgrade existing cc and le to infinia without fail vs if you don't take ULIP or pay for investment then chances are slim for existing customer.

Reactions: BVC
Ways to get Infinia:

Existing Customers:

- High NRV and dictate terms with RM/BM
- ULIP with RM/BM/GH support
- CL 8L above on Core HDFC credit Card and spends more than 8L in last 6 months.
- By giving some business baits like General Insurance, Term Insurance during Quarter end of Year End
- High FD offering (more than 10L in some cases)

NTB:

- Negotiate with your Salary (Imperia Banking or transfer your accounts from other banks)
- Approach new branches opened as they will be hunger for business and help.
- Use referral contacts before getting banking relationship with branch.

These are observed patterns in TF and some of my own experiences.
I am NTB for HDFC.
I live in a tier 2 city. what does it take to get DCB. I am game if it is provided as FYF.

Question to Infinia holders:
Do we get instant discount when we buy AGVs in any channel? Or is it only points.

I don't have Infinia, I may want use my friends' Infinia to buy Amazon vouchers, but I don't want to complicate things with the rewards points.

Question to Infinia holders:
Do we get instant discount when we buy AGVs in any channel? Or is it only points.

I don't have Infinia, I may want use my friends' Infinia to buy Amazon vouchers, but I don't want to complicate things with the rewards points.
As far as I saw no instant discounts for Amazon voucher only 5x reward points

Finally applied through RM today. Told BM about how my credit card applications keep getting rejected every time I apply online for any HDFC card. BM was very patient. She just checked my payslip and asked if CIBIL score is ok. She told they will get my application through another credit card team (then what they usually do for others). It seems this team head has better access compared to their usual one. I told I want only Infinia or nothing. Neither BM nor RM pushed for any FD, ULIP or any other product.

Not very hopeful but lets see.

Any idea how much time to process application when applying offline?

Finally applied through RM today. Told BM about how my credit card applications keep getting rejected every time I apply online for any HDFC card. BM was very patient. She just checked my payslip and asked if CIBIL score is ok. She told they will get my application through another credit card team (then what they usually do for others). It seems this team head has better access compared to their usual one. I told I want only Infinia or nothing. Neither BM nor RM pushed for any FD, ULIP or any other product.

10-15 working days

RM Called just now. Told that system is not allowing them due to existing neu infinity card, inspite of them trying. I told I will not close the card. He said he will check if any higher up approval can be taken. No discussion of ULIPs still.

Back