• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Applying infinia via RM. What precautions should I take?

tachniki

TF Select
Hi,

I plan to apply Infinia credit card via RM.

I don't have very good past with HDFC. They have rejected my applications for credit cards tons of times. First Tata Neu Infinity in late 2022 and early 2023. Finally, I got that through their Tata IPL leaque play. Then they kept rejecting my swiggy card. Now they seem to have permanently blocked me. :) Getting following banner for about 3 months.

1724602784371.webp

Only recently (after opening preferred account with them), I realized that I had emv signature credit card (yes that was the name of credit card in 2012). I had asked them to close that in 2014. But looks like they have left it as dormant. There was no due on it.

Now, what precautions should I take while applying through RM, so that application is not rejected. I don't want to wait for pre-approved offer to come as I have some good expenses coming up. If this doesn't work, I will look for premium card from another bank. Duh.

I easily fulfil salary criteria. But I don't think that matters as much. Cibil is 800+. Experian 816. Three cibil hits in last three months (including one from HDFC).

RM Called just now. Told that system is not allowing them due to existing neu infinity card, inspite of them trying. I told I will not close the card. He said he will check if any higher up approval can be taken. No discussion of ULIPs still.
If your first card from Hdfc is co-branded then it's very difficult to get premium core card.
better close it.

If your first card from Hdfc is co-branded then it's very difficult to get premium core card.
better close it.
I understand that. But I want to push it to limit and see if they will bend rule. RM will update me by Tuesday or Wednesday. I will give time till Friday and decide.

It is kind of stupid that I close this card, get Infinia and apply this again after that.

I understand that. But I want to push it to limit and see if they will bend rule. RM will update me by Tuesday or Wednesday. I will give time till Friday and decide.

It is kind of stupid that I close this card, get Infinia and apply this again after that.
HDFC Don't F###ing Care
It's a recursive acronym.
They are stupid like that

Back