• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Applying via surrogate program

damn

TF Buzz
I applied for Yes Bank credit card via the surrogate program on its application online. It automatically fetched Elite + and BYOC as possible options.
1. Which one would be better for general, mixed online offline use?
2. Is it guaranteed that I will get the card if I proceed?

Reactions: SSV
Solution
I won't get limit increase in 3 months; at least until next year I will have to wait for all
Should I get it and then look to upgrade when possible?
Also, would it be guaranteed under surrogate program if I proceed?
Yes, it is almost guranteed to get any YES bank card under surrogate program..
They wont ask you for any income docs.. most of the people here got their Reserv and Marquee cards like that only...

Go ahead and get teh ELITE + card under surrogate program...

All the best and do let us know the outcome here..
I applied for Yes Bank credit card via the surrogate program on its application online. It automatically fetched Elite + and BYOC as possible options.
1. Which one would be better for general, mixed online offline use?
2. Is it guaranteed that I will get the card if I proceed?
take elite +…if you need the card right now..
Otherwise try after 3 months after improvement of CIBIL score or limits on existing cards..
You ma get reserve which is much better

take elite +…if you need the card right now..
Otherwise try after 3 months after improvement of CIBIL score or limits on existing cards..
You ma get reserve which is much better
I won't get limit increase in 3 months; at least until next year I will have to wait for all

They wont ask you for any income docs.. most of the people here got their Reserv and Marquee cards like that only...

Solution

Just an addition to @SSV's point - Yes bank also considers overleveraged situation while approving cards. So, the system/website may show Elite or Reserv card, but can get declined in final step if customer is overleveraged.

Happened with me for Yes First Exclusive (Reserv) 6-7 months ago!

Just an addition to @SSV's point - Yes bank also considers overleveraged situation while approving cards. So, the system/website may show Elite or Reserv card, but can get declined in final step if customer is overleveraged.

Ah, that is something new
Well, if they reject, they reject
I will apply by next year

Got it
Proceeded for elite +
No video kyc happened as I submitted the application; just shows congratulations
Called them to clarify and they told me that their team will call for vkyc
Let's see what happens

Can someone explain the surrogate program? Searched the site, but didn't found anything useful!!
Thanks in advance
It is just a fancy qord C2C application in this case of YES bank application..
while applyin on the banks website, choose C2C method thats it. then based on your credit profile ( without any income doc need) YES will provide you eligible card..
enjoy.. all the best

What did you do when they rejected based on overleverage..? Could you get the card after that.

@SSV Potentially I have been rejected; status update is not available on website, but customer care told me the same

Confusingly, as soon as I asked customer care about it, a new email and sms was sent from yes bank, telling me my application was now in processing(the same one as before)

Maybe I have been rejected due to being overleveraged

What did you do when they rejected based on overleverage..? Could you get the card after that.
@lijov : I did not apply afterwards.....as I had bad experience with SBI ( SBI rejected my application again after ~6 months for same reason, even though I had close 1 card with ~5 lakh limit - so, I assumed that I either need to close more cards, or reduce more limit, or update my salary as inflated value in cibil records)

@lijov : I did not apply afterwards.....as I had bad experience with SBI ( SBI rejected my application again after ~6 months for same reason, even though I had close 1 card with ~5 lakh limit - so, I assumed that I either need to close more cards, or reduce more limit, or update my salary as inflated value in cibil records)
only SBI in market considers the more leverage facto

Reactions: R@J
Guyss.. I don't have an SBI card to date and I want to apply for the same
I've most of the cards except SBI and I am overleveraged. what is my situation now?
shall I try my luck or is it a waste of time?

I've most of the cards except SBI and I am overleveraged. what is my situation now?

Over leveraged is going to be an issue even with airport agent guys..
But yeah, in general the chaces are bright going thru airport guys..

Other things, you can consider:
1) close your unwanted CCs.
2) Reduce CL temporarily like in the case of ICICI thru iMobile and wait until it is reported to CIBIL..
3) Increase you income. ( at least on-paper in the SBI applcation , it is not recommended . but it depends on how desperate you are.. I have seen some people doing it.. considered as a soft lie.. never ever, produce any fake docs though)..

Another option other than applying through airport is to try through agents in Reliance Retail stores. Your chances are more since, SBI has got tie-up with Reliance for some of the credit cards. You can even apply for cards other than Reliance co-branded cards. I once got a BPCL Octane card through this channel.

Back