• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Are there any Unsecured Cards I can apply for my age and holding a FD card?

HC1337

TF Buzz
I will be turning 19 soon and I hold a OneCard (secured with a FD of 3k), and I do pay bills timely and in full and make sure to keep my utilization under 30% before bill generation date. Cibil is around 752 and it has been 5 months since I took the card.

I have kind of started getting offers, Flipkart shows its banner and sends me SMS for Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card, me being Pre-Qualified without income proof, I dont even shop on flipkart much. Bajaj sends their SMS (Pretty sure this is just spam tho), a week back got a call from IndusInd for a card.

Now, this all might just be spam but I would like to ask are there any cards I can apply for my short history and age? For now I just want the Apay ICICI card as I do use Amazon quite frequently. Is there any chance of any card I can get or should I wait more? I do have income of around 10 - 12k a month but no salary slips and I haven't filed an ITR yet.

I will be turning 19 soon and I hold a OneCard (secured with a FD of 3k), and I do pay bills timely and in full and make sure to keep my utilization under 30% before bill generation date. Cibil is around 752 and it has been 5 months since I took the card.

I have kind of started getting offers, Flipkart shows its banner and sends me SMS for Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card, me being Pre-Qualified without income proof, I dont even shop on flipkart much. Bajaj sends their SMS (Pretty sure this is just spam tho), a week back got a call from IndusInd for a card.

Now, this all might just be spam but I would like to ask are there any cards I can apply for my short history and age? For now I just want the Apay ICICI card as I do use Amazon quite frequently. Is there any chance of any card I can get or should I wait more? I do have income of around 10 - 12k a month but no salary slips and I haven't filed an ITR yet.
Good that you're aware of spams at this early age kudos.
Try to get axis FK since the approval chances are high.
Apay good card but its not easy at this stage....try icici relationship with a small account or their basic LTF card first

Thanks for the compliment, as for the FK Axis card, should I really go ahead and apply? I Have received messages for without income approval but it also says Pre Qualified not Pre Approved, so I'm kind of conflicted there.

Thanks for the compliment, as for the FK Axis card, should I really go ahead and apply? I Have received messages for without income approval but it also says Pre Qualified not Pre Approved, so I'm kind of conflicted there.
Reason I suggested to take Axis card is that it have higher variants with good benefits for which in future you'll be eligible easily if u have some starter card with them.
Pre approved is confirmed without any docs whereas pre qualify have some if-thens better give a try

So I did apply for it and did the Video KYC (was kind of rocky but it showed Successful), but now it shows Document Pickup, if they are just gonna take my Aadhar and PAN and verify my Home address I will be up for it otherwise I will be forced to decline it. Lets see how it goes.

So I did apply for it and did the Video KYC (was kind of rocky but it showed Successful), but now it shows Document Pickup, if they are just gonna take my Aadhar and PAN and verify my Home address I will be up for it otherwise I will be forced to decline it. Lets see how it goes.
Good progress buddy....keep us updated further

I don't think I can open an account in ICICI considering they don't really have a zero balance savings account, I will just try to apply for Apay Card after some time and hope that my Amazon Track record does something for me (I use amazon for pretty much anything).

hey. we are literally the same. same age. same card. same fd amount. Amazon Icici card is impossible to get in our age due to their eligibility requirements. I tried applying and was told this. I also hold the FK Axis card. you can go for that as well as you'll still get the 1.5% Cashback on Amazon + the Grabdeal offer

if applying for fk axis, go through the the flipkart app as when I applied directly to axis my application was rejected but through the fk app it was approved. though the limit was quite less(15k)

if applying for fk axis, go through the the flipkart app as when I applied directly to axis my application was rejected but through the fk app it was approved. though the limit was quite less(15k)
Axis has been very hard to deal with

Rejected me for flopkart card - 3 times but received Vistara Infinite and approved for Magnus

Last edited:
I don't think I can open an account in ICICI considering they don't really have a zero balance savings account, I will just try to apply for Apay Card after some time and hope that my Amazon Track record does something for me (I use amazon for pretty much anything).
Every single bank in India is mandated to have a 0 balance BSBD account. ICICI will have some equivalent of the same as well. I did try their Mine program as well, which was pretty good, not sure if that one is still ongoing.

Axis has been very hard to deal with

Rejected me for flopkart card - 3 times but received Vistara Infinite and approved for Magnus
Mine was rejected 5 times from 2020 - 2021.
Finally got approved without any documentation or verification this year 😅 . Got 2nd card after 2 months, now waiting for 3rd card Magnus.
When I first applied I had a clean inquiry list and good cibil(7 years history with no late payments) with just one active credit card and no active loans.
Now It was approved after taking 5-6 cards and when my combined limit is 20x more than in the past 🤷‍♂️.

Mine was rejected 5 times from 2020 - 2021.
Finally got approved without any documentation or verification this year 😅 . Got 2nd card after 2 months, now waiting for 3rd card Magnus.
When I first applied I had a clean inquiry list and good cibil(7 years history with no late payments) with just one active credit card and no active loans.
Now It was approved after taking 5-6 cards and when my combined limit is 20x more than in the past 🤷‍♂️.
Flopkart, Magnus and which one?

Ask for bsba generally they won’t open since its zero balance but say that ur society is big and you will bring more clients blah blah

Ask for bsba generally they won’t open since its zero balance but say that ur society is big and you will bring more clients blah blah
I wouldn't really want a BSBDA account as it comes with plenty of restrictions and the unwillingness of bank employees to open such a account. Also

Update:- Approximately 10 - 11 hours after VKYC, the Status changed from Document Pickup to Card Generation (received SMS about document pickup too, although nothing was collected and no one even called), now let's wait for the final result if it is gonna be approved (I have really low hopes tbh).

Back