• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Are there any Unsecured Cards I can apply for my age and holding a FD card?

HC1337

TF Buzz
I will be turning 19 soon and I hold a OneCard (secured with a FD of 3k), and I do pay bills timely and in full and make sure to keep my utilization under 30% before bill generation date. Cibil is around 752 and it has been 5 months since I took the card.

I have kind of started getting offers, Flipkart shows its banner and sends me SMS for Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card, me being Pre-Qualified without income proof, I dont even shop on flipkart much. Bajaj sends their SMS (Pretty sure this is just spam tho), a week back got a call from IndusInd for a card.

Now, this all might just be spam but I would like to ask are there any cards I can apply for my short history and age? For now I just want the Apay ICICI card as I do use Amazon quite frequently. Is there any chance of any card I can get or should I wait more? I do have income of around 10 - 12k a month but no salary slips and I haven't filed an ITR yet.

I will be turning 19 soon and I hold a OneCard (secured with a FD of 3k), and I do pay bills timely and in full and make sure to keep my utilization under 30% before bill generation date. Cibil is around 752 and it has been 5 months since I took the card.

I have kind of started getting offers, Flipkart shows its banner and sends me SMS for Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card, me being Pre-Qualified without income proof, I dont even shop on flipkart much. Bajaj sends their SMS (Pretty sure this is just spam tho), a week back got a call from IndusInd for a card.

Now, this all might just be spam but I would like to ask are there any cards I can apply for my short history and age? For now I just want the Apay ICICI card as I do use Amazon quite frequently. Is there any chance of any card I can get or should I wait more? I do have income of around 10 - 12k a month but no salary slips and I haven't filed an ITR yet

Now, this all might just be spam but I would like to ask are there any cards I can apply for my short history and age? For now I just want the Apay ICICI card as I do use Amazon quite frequently. Is there any chance of any card I can get or should I wait more? I do have income of around 10 - 12k a month but no salary slips and I haven't filed an ITR yet.
Hey buddy, how are you earning 10-12k at this age ? Wanna share some info ? It might help me 😊 we are quite similar in this except the earning part 😅

hey. we are literally the same. same age. same card. same fd amount. Amazon Icici card is impossible to get in our age due to their eligibility requirements. I tried applying and was told this. I also hold the FK Axis card. you can go for that as well as you'll still get the 1.5% Cashback on Amazon + the Grabdeal offer
@ludacris604 what is your source of income buddy ? And how are you earning that.?

Most of it is money I get from my parents they do have a business and I help them with it.
Btw got a mail stating that the final decision will be communicated to me within 72 hours.

I wouldn't really want a BSBDA account as it comes with plenty of restrictions and the unwillingness of bank employees to open such a account. Also

Update:- Approximately 10 - 11 hours after VKYC, the Status changed from Document Pickup to Card Generation (received SMS about document pickup too, although nothing was collected and no one even called), now let's wait for the final result if it is gonna be approved (I have really low hopes tbh).
wow thats amazing, they themselves updated that docs collected not sure how it goes on final approval, lets wait another 24 hours; month end targets being completed by them lol

I was in the same predicament as you. I was 19 and only option was FD card or BNPL. So, I opened both. Now I'm 21 and closed most of those accounts.

In my opinion to boost your credit score and total credit limit across all accounts, it's actually good to have a medium-high limit FD card and a few personal loans (BNPL/no cost EMI/anything) on your credit report. So don't be scared of a BNPL account, and maybe put a higher FD amount for the secured card.

I applied for the ICICI Amazon Pay card just a week after I turned 21 this year and it got approved with 2.6L limit with no documentation. Then I used that ICICI card's first statement to apply for HDFC Millenia on C2C basis and got a 72k limit (the agent was nice and lied about the card age for me I think).

And I used that Amazon Pay card again to apply for a BOB Select card recently. So, once you get the Amazon Pay card with a good limit it's going to be easy to apply C2C for decent cards. It's a bit risky to apply as under-21 for unsecured cards especially without income docs. I think only Kotak and Axis allow below 21 and Axis is well known to give terrible limits.

Before applying for the Amazon Pay card, I had a LazyPay account (10k, reported to CIBIL), Kotak DreamDifferent FD Card (16k) and a few personal loans (BNPL, no cost EMI and 2 proper personal loans) of around 80k total. Of course, I have income as self-employed to pay them all back. But I think those personal loans really helped me get a decent limit on the ICICI card. And credit age as well, because my LazyPay account is almost 5 years old.

My CIBIL score is a bit lower than before, but I think the banks look at your existing credit limits when you apply with no documentation like Amazon Pay card.

BTW even now Axis and SBI are rejecting all my online applications, I will probably apply C2C with them next year once my Amazon Pay card is a bit older.

Last edited:
@ludacris604 what is your source of income buddy ? And how are you earning that.?
heard about yaper? I use that using my and my mother's cc. I also use earnkaro/cashkaro for all the household purchases online, the cashback from there is all mine. I also pay the utility bills in the most optimized way using different platforms to get the most cashback using my dad's cards. I also use tata neu to earn neucoins and then find somebody who needs to use/book the tata companies and redeem these coins against them and get cash instead. this is almost everything I do to get some cash. I also used to drop ship stuff but that was about 2-3 years back. also my brother manages my stocks portfolio (capital is obviously mine) so he manages to get me about 1k-1.5k every month + the capital appreciation. this does add upto 10k but nearly 4k-5k. and about how I was able to prove the income for the card is being a son of a businessman my father sometimes uses my bank account to receive payments(helped to show income in bank statement) or I can get salary slips from him.

Yes, I Applied through the Flipkart app but now it shows Document pickup. What was your experience with it?
I wasn't asked for any documents. maybe due to the fact that I hold an Axis bank account since 2012 and kyc was already done.

heard about yaper? I use that using my and my mother's cc. I also use earnkaro/cashkaro for all the household purchases online, the cashback from there is all mine. I also pay the utility bills in the most optimized way using different platforms to get the most cashback using my dad's cards. I also use tata neu to earn neucoins and then find somebody who needs to use/book the tata companies and redeem these coins against them and get cash instead. this is almost everything I do to get some cash. I also used to drop ship stuff but that was about 2-3 years back. also my brother manages my stocks portfolio (capital is obviously mine) so he manages to get me about 1k-1.5k every month + the capital appreciation. this does add upto 10k but nearly 4k-5k. and about how I was able to prove the income for the card is being a son of a businessman my father sometimes uses my bank account to receive payments(helped to show income in bank statement) or I can get salary slips from him.
Very long and exhaustive process to be honest but every month 1k on your portfolio in bear market?

Now, hypothetically if I get the FK Axis Card, can I convert it to LTF after using it for a while? For now I am not really concerned about the low limit I might get, it's fine if I get 10 - 15k for now. But my question is can I convert the card to LTF, if yes how?

Now, hypothetically if I get the FK Axis Card, can I convert it to LTF after using it for a while? For now I am not really concerned about the low limit I might get, it's fine if I get 10 - 15k for now. But my question is can I convert the card to LTF, if yes how?
AFAIK all axis card fee are spend based waivers only, straight away they wont give LTF.

Try HDFC Bharat Credit Card. Income Requirement is Rs. 12000 or more. You may get it easily.

I also read that you help your parents with their business, so getting a salary slip won't be a problem. Just create it in MS Word and get it signed from the employer, i.e. your father or mother.

AFAIK all axis card fee are spend based waivers only, straight away they wont give LTF.
I have read that on annual spends of 2L and above the fees is waived off but I meant like in the future, making the card LTF without this.

Try HDFC Bharat Credit Card. Income Requirement is Rs. 12000 or more. You may get it easily.

I also read that you help your parents with their business, so getting a salary slip won't be a problem. Just create it in MS Word and get it signed from the employer, i.e. your father or mother.
This is one possibility but I have read that HDFC doesn't report the credit limit to the bureaus so their cards are something I am not so keen about now. Maybe once I have more than 2 - 3 cards I will get one of their card.

This is one possibility but I have read that HDFC doesn't report the credit limit to the bureaus so their cards are something I am not so keen about now. Maybe once I have more than 2 - 3 cards I will get one of their card.
HDFC trash, you can extract more value from Flopkart card than any HDFC card (except Milennia and the top cards)

Last edited:
I have read that on annual spends of 2L and above the fees is waived off but I meant like in the future, making the card LTF without this.

I don't think you can get FK Axis card converted to LTF... The only way is to apply when there is LTF offer.

They don't. I planned my spends and maxed out my Millenia this month due to that because they report highest utilized limit. I added 25k through wallet as Paytm was 2.35% convenience fee and some cashback. And I added 4000 to Paytm through Zomato app for free (iPhone user.. don't have Amazon Pay UPI). So that's 29k back to bank. Then moved the rest of all of my spends to it. So limit reached.

Honestly, I think for a starter LTF card Millena is very good value. The discounts on AirPods or other Apple stuff and then 12-18k cashback per year. And domestic lounge access on the Diners Club variant is decent as well.

Last edited:
I don't think you can get FK Axis card converted to LTF... The only way is to apply when there is LTF offer.

They don't. I planned my spends and maxed out my Millenia this month due to that because they report highest utilized limit. I added 25k through wallet as Paytm was 2.35% convenience fee and some cashback. And I added 4000 to Paytm through Zomato app for free (iPhone user.. don't have Amazon Pay UPI). So that's 29k back to bank. Then moved the rest of all of my spends to it. So limit reached.

Honestly, I think for a starter LTF card Millena is very good value. The discounts on AirPods or other Apple stuff and then 12-18k cashback per year. And domestic lounge access on the Diners Club variant is decent as well.
Dude, don't move Rs. 4000 added to paytm via zomato or swiggy to bank account. I used to do that, and they turned off that feature for me, and it's been over 5 months, and they have not enabled it yet. Just be careful.

Dude, don't move Rs. 4000 added to paytm via zomato or swiggy to bank account. I used to do that, and they turned off that feature for me, and it's been over 5 months, and they have not enabled it yet. Just be careful.
It's the first time I used that feature though. I do see that they have set the convenience fee to 4.35% for me now when loading normally so I guess I won't be using my CC on Paytm Wallet anytime soon. Anyway, thanks for letting me know. I guess I don't like Paytm that much but I use it sometimes because other stuff doesn't support Diners Club while Paytm does.

It's the first time I used that feature though. I do see that they have set the convenience fee to 4.35% for me now when loading normally so I guess I won't be using my CC on Paytm Wallet anytime soon. Anyway, thanks for letting me know. I guess I don't like Paytm that much but I use it sometimes because other stuff doesn't support Diners Club while Paytm does.
4.35%, that's some hefty convenience fee. They are charging me 3.35%.

Back