• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Au Bank | SwipeUp Platform | Rejected with no clarity on rejection even from RBI Ombudsman

Heyyy

TF Buzz
I applied for Au Credit Card using my HDFC regalia card though their Swipe Up Platform program. It's a card-to-card program through which you get LTF credit cards from Au Bank.

While applying, the application went though and got a pre-approved card with a credit limit of 8L. Just then, proceeded for video KYC and got that done as well. Now soon after, received a text message that the physical verification would be initiated soon.

Now, after 2-3 days from then, a personnel (must be through a vendor) came to my residence address. When he came, there was no call/message from bank's or that person's end that he would be reaching to the address. Coincidently, my brother was at home that day, and he answered his queries related to the application - verified details, asked question from how long I have been staying there. We have been at that address since < 1 year only as we recently shifted.

Around same time, a personnel from the bank was in touch with me over phone call and emails, seeking clarification on the different cities for my office and residence address. I clarified that I am WFH and hence this, to which she asked me to declare the same over email. It was her official email to which I reverted and she said that the card would be approved and dispatched in next 3-4 days.

After next 4-5 days, I checked the application status, and to my surprise my application was rejected. I called up the bank personnel to which I was in touch over mail as well as phone calls, queried around the application status. To this, she assured that there must had been some confusion, and she'll get it checked and the card dispatched soon. I followed up on this for next 2-3 days over mail, and then she stopped calling up and hence I had no update on why and what of my card application.

Following that, I called up the customer care over video call and asked for the application status and the reason behind rejection. To which they told that since there's a mismatch between your office address and your present address, both being in two different cities, it has been rejected. I told him the entire story about my declaration over mail and the constant follow ups on the same by the bank personnel, she said she can't do anything.

Now, here I raised this with RBI Ombudsman, to which the bank reverted saying - "rejected because eligibility criteria was not met". Till date, I don't know what this criteria was which was not met. A personnel from bank called me just to update that since eligibility criteria was not met, your application was rejected. When I asked what is that criteria, he said the bank will reply to the RBI Ombudsman and can't share this detail with me due to internal policy! and He told this with the utmost rudeness he could have. God knows what ethics these guys follow, but for a moment I felt really bad and thought if I should ever have a relationship with this bank in future.

Nevertheless, please suggest if anything can be done on this now. It's already been 3 months roughly since these series of incident happened.

Last edited:
I applied for Au Credit Card using my HDFC regalia card though their Swipe Up Platform program. It's a card-to-card program through which you get LTF credit cards from Au Bank.

While applying, the application went though and got a pre-approved card with a credit limit of 8L. Just then, proceeded for video KYC and got that done as well. Now soon after, received a text message that the physical verification would be initiated soon.

Now, after 2-3 days from then, a personnel (must be through a vendor) came to my residence address. When he came, there was no call/message from bank's or that person's end that he would be reaching to the address. Coincidently, my brother was at home that day, and he answered his queries related to the application - verified details, asked question from how long I have been staying there. We have been at that address since < 1 year only as we recently shifted.

Around same time, a personnel from the bank was in touch with me over phone call and emails, seeking clarification on the different cities for my office and residence address. I clarified that I am WFH and hence this, to which she asked me to declare the same over email. It was her official email to which I reverted and she said that the card would be approved and dispatched in next 3-4 days.

After next 4-5 days, I checked the application status, and to my surprise my application was rejected. I called up the bank personnel to which I was in touch over mail as well as phone calls, queried around the application status. To this, she assured that there must had been some confusion, and she'll get it checked and the card dispatched soon. I followed up on this for next 2-3 days over mail, and then she stopped calling up and hence I had no update on why and what of my card application.

Following that, I called up the customer care over video call and asked for the application status and the reason behind rejection. To which they told that since there's a mismatch between your office address and your present address, both being in two different cities, it has been rejected. I told him the entire story about my declaration over mail and the constant follow ups on the same by the bank personnel, she said she can't do anything.

Now, here I raised this with RBI Ombudsman, to which the bank reverted saying - "rejected because eligibility criteria was not met". Till date, I don't know what this criteria was which was not met. A personnel from bank called me just to update that since eligibility criteria was not met, your application was rejected. When I asked what is that criteria, he said the bank will reply to the RBI Ombudsman and can't share this detail with me due to internal policy! and He told this with the utmost rudeness he could have. God knows what ethics these guys follow, but for a moment I felt really bad and thought if I should ever have a relationship with this bank in future.

Nevertheless, please suggest if anything can be done on this now. It's already been 3 months roughly since these series of incident happened.
Did I miss this - Has the Ombudsman already closed your complaint or not?
If not, you should send an email to crpc@rbi.org.in and keep the subject "Additional #Complaint number#"
Attach a PDF copy of the email you received from the Bank and mention that the Bank has failed to provide a clear reason why your application has been rejected. Ask the Ombudsman to direct the bank to provide a clear reason for rejection as per the RBI guidelines. Mention the guidelines there. also, ask compensation for the service negligence and the trouble you had to go through.
Good Luck.

If not, you should send an email to crpc@rbi.org.in and keep the subject "Additional #Complaint number#"
Attach a PDF copy of the email you received from the Bank and mention that the Bank has failed to provide a clear reason why your application has been rejected. Ask the Ombudsman to direct the bank to provide a clear reason for rejection as per the RBI guidelines. Mention the guidelines there. also, ask compensation for the service negligence and the trouble you had to go through.
Good Luck.
Yes, RBI has closed the complaint.

Yes, RBI has closed the complaint.
If the complaint is closed with a non-appealable clause, create a new complaint and mention these points and the last complaint details.

Else raise an appeal.

Remember not to select have your "complaint already dealt with" option. Mention the last complaint details in the description.

What happened in RBI case?

Was that closed under clause 16 or something else?

Good Luck.
Did u try this method personally?

Do this method work?

E
If the complaint is closed with a non-appealable clause, create a new complaint and mention these points and the last complaint details.

Else raise an appeal.

Remember not to select have your "complaint already dealt with" option. Mention the last complaint details in the description.

Ever tried this method urself or someone else tried?

No, I couldn't try these and lost interest overtime with AuBank services, also occupied with lots of other things, so.

It states this -

Greetings from the Reserve Bank of India!

We have carefully examined the captioned complaint and our observations are given here under.

2. The complaint was related to non issuance of Credit Card to the complainant by the Regulated Entity (RE). The regulated entity (RE)/ bank vide its submission confirmed that as per the bank's policy they have initiated the address verification at complainant’s residential address. However, applicant was not available at residence and as per the information received, the application was rejected due to address mismatch. Further, under this program upgraded AUSFB credit card is issued to the best of bank efforts and customer’s application is also evaluated under Bank’s policy criteria. RE has communicated the same to complainant vide mail dated 9th May, 2024. Thus the complaint is closed under clause 16 (1)(a) read with 10 (1)(a) of RBIOS 2021 – “ commercial judgement/ decision of a Regulated Entity”.

3. In view of the above, we are constrained to classify your complaint as non-maintainable and close it under clause 16(1)(a)10(1)(a) of the Reserve Bank - Integrated Ombudsman Scheme, 2021[1].

4. This is issued with the approval of RBI Ombudsman/Deputy RBI Ombudsman.

We appreciate your understanding.

Regards,
CRPC
Reserve Bank of India

For what reason please details of story?

Want to know?
long story, cant type that much. I thought you just wanted to know whether that process worked or not.
Any way in short, it was something related to pre-approved card, Cibil, wrong enquiry, delay in correction, negligence in service.

Back