• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AU Small Finance Bank Negative Balance Issue | RBI Banking Ombudsman Superpower

im not sure why you still belive like that, i could not solve ur misunderstanding

In first sentence you mentioned about RBI Guidelines and in the end asking
" Can Bank go against it by deducting non maintenance charges

Thus as per my understanding
"You are Indirectly Blaming Bank that who allowed them to deduct , can Bank deduct as per RBI Guidelines

Last edited:
Hello TFC Members,
Today i want to share a banking kissa with you guys.
I have a royal savings account with AU Small Finance Bank, but I failed to maintain the minimum balance requirement of 1 lakh rupees after February 2022. As a result, the bank deducted around 900 rupees from my account as a non-maintenance fee, and my account balance became zero. Despite this, the bank continued to charge me non-maintenance fees, leaving me with a negative balance of 8400 rupees.

I brought this issue to the attention of AU Small Finance Bank and cited the RBI guidelines, which state that a bank cannot impose non-maintenance fees on a customer whose account balance is zero.

View attachment 11895However, the bank refused to comply with my request and even asked me to pay the negative balance before closing my account.

View attachment 11896

Frustrated by this, I decided to file a complaint with the RBI banking ombudsman. Surprisingly, I received an email from AU Bank the following day (attached screenshot), indicating that they are willing to close my account without any deposit.

View attachment 11897
I am impressed by the swift action taken by the RBI banking ombudsman, and I now have a 15-day window for AU Small Finance Bank to resolve this issue.
View attachment 11898Hopefully, this experience will serve as a lesson for the bank to comply with the RBI guidelines and treat their customers fairly.

If you want to know about "How to file a complaint against a bank on the RBI banking ombudsman portal" visit this link - https://www.technofino.in/community...ank-on-the-rbi-banking-ombudsman-portal.3130/

Here is the RBI guidelines regarding non maintenance penalty screenshot [link- https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/NotificationUser.aspx?Id=9343&Mode=0 ]

View attachment 11935
If I don't incurr any financial loss but bank is giving poor service can I file complaint against Same in ombudsman?
BOB is not delivering my debit card for around 1 month now.

why dont u aksed for compensation?
same case is with me with standard chartered bank and they are just delaying and not agreeing citing RBI policy.. every month a amount of 840 is added into my negative balance

Back