• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank Burgundy Debit Card

Axis Bank replied to this thread via email, I'm just sharing their answer here:

The digital savings account can be opened online on Axis Bank website.

Please visit, https://www.axisbank.com/retail/acc...igital-savings-account?cta=homepage-mega-menu

1. Is the digital savings account different than normal savings accounts? My salary will be credited in this account.

Benefits offered remains same for digital and normal savings account. In Digital Savings account, an additional virtual debit card is provided.

2. I also hope of getting Burgundy Debit card. Is this possible?

Burgundy Account holders are eligible for Burgundy Debit card issuance.

3. Is there some other criteria for owning Burgundy Debit Card?

Customer should have Burgundy account with the bank in order to have Burgundy Debit card.

4. On the Axis website it shows that joining fee and annual fees are NIL, is it really so?

Issuance & Annual Fees are waived off for Burgundy account holders. Annual fees of INR 1500 plus tax will be applicable on non-maintenance of Burgundy status.

1000103102.webp

Axis Bank replied to this thread via email, I'm just sharing their answer here:

The digital savings account can be opened online on Axis Bank website.

Please visit, https://www.axisbank.com/retail/acc...igital-savings-account?cta=homepage-mega-menu

1. Is the digital savings account different than normal savings accounts? My salary will be credited in this account.

Benefits offered remains same for digital and normal savings account. In Digital Savings account, an additional virtual debit card is provided.

2. I also hope of getting Burgundy Debit card. Is this possible?

Burgundy Account holders are eligible for Burgundy Debit card issuance.

3. Is there some other criteria for owning Burgundy Debit Card?

Customer should have Burgundy account with the bank in order to have Burgundy Debit card.

4. On the Axis website it shows that joining fee and annual fees are NIL, is it really so?

Issuance & Annual Fees are waived off for Burgundy account holders. Annual fees of INR 1500 plus tax will be applicable on non-maintenance of Burgundy status.

View attachment 64007
This means they watching these threads? :oops:

I recently got Burgundy account opened. I wanted to get credit card on top of Burgundy even if chargable. The Axis BM told me that they will get it approved no matter what…

These Axis are shitty people just wanted to open the account and meet their target. After acc opening no one is listening to my calls , my CC application is rejected and they do not have a valid reason.

I would recommend to stay away from axis. I will close my account next month

I recently got Burgundy account opened. I wanted to get credit card on top of Burgundy even if chargable. The Axis BM told me that they will get it approved no matter what…

These Axis are shitty people just wanted to open the account and meet their target. After acc opening no one is listening to my calls , my CC application is rejected and they do not have a valid reason.

I would recommend to stay away from axis. I will close my account next month
Open a FD backed card. Start with Select card which comes complimentary with Burgundy

Thanks you the detailed info @Dragon_slayer @MADHAN1974
There is slight difference in the way my account will be handled. I had a Citi salary account which is now migrated to Burgundy in Axis. The code for my SB a/c is SBPRS. I was asking about family account opening by which I meant creating a family ID and adding my mother to it. My RM is still clueless after many mail exchanges and phone calls. She only promises to get back to me and hasn't done it so far. She is also from Citi, perhaps this is the reason for her situation.
From your answers I understand the following, please correct me if I am wrong.
- If Magnus CC is not needed, I need to maintain only 5L in SB a/c
- If I don't prefer to maintain 5L in SB and prefer to have FDs, total FD value should be 30L
- The FDs can be in the name of my mother or myself but the total value should be 30L
- I don't need Select CC or the forex card as well. I have made this clear to the RM.

If I get clarity on this matter, I will visit the nearest branch with my mother and complete the procedure.
if you are migrating from citi check if axis is provinding Debit card with special BIN cards which have better edge reward categories.

I too have opened AXIS BURGUNDY SALARY ACCOUNT. Can I earn reward points by paying CC bills ? If Yes , please help me with the steps .

There is slight difference in the way my account will be handled. I had a Citi salary account which is now migrated to Burgundy in Axis. The code for my SB a/c is SBPRS. I was asking about family account opening by which I meant creating a family ID and adding my mother to it. My RM is still clueless after many mail exchanges and phone calls. She only promises to get back to me and hasn't done it so far. She is also from Citi, perhaps this is the reason for her situation.
- If I don't prefer to maintain 5L in SB and prefer to have FDs, total FD value should be 30L
- The FDs can be in the name of my mother or myself but the total value should be 30L
- I don't need Select CC or the forex card as well. I have made this clear to the RM.

If I get clarity on this matter, I will visit the nearest branch with my mother and complete the procedure.

You can add family members to your burgundy account (does not matter if it's Citi to Axis or account opened directly with axis)
Those accounts will not automatically become Burgundy, for that you need to fill another form.
AMB/TRV for all accounts linked to primary burgundy holder are considering once accounts are linked.

Family banking form is attached. You can print, fill and submit to add family member account under your burgundy family banking.

Attachments

Burgundy debit card will no longer earn ER points on paying any cc bills. This was removed in the last devaluation.
Citi migrant burgandy account will get special dc with different bin , which will earn rp on cc bill payment,like good old days

Citi migrant burgandy account will get special dc with different bin , which will earn rp on cc bill payment,like good old days
This was the talk of the town after the migration. My take on this is that when a similar product starts giving special features to some people within one segment, it doesn't last long.

We are hoping so as there is no exclusion list mentioned in the document.
Since Axis has paused ER credit, cannot be confirmed until it is back online, post which we can make a payment and see if points are credited

You can add family members to your burgundy account (does not matter if it's Citi to Axis or account opened directly with axis)
Those accounts will not automatically become Burgundy, for that you need to fill another form.
AMB/TRV for all accounts linked to primary burgundy holder are considering once accounts are linked.

Family banking form is attached. You can print, fill and submit to add family member account under your burgundy family banking.
Will visit the branch and submit it

Back