• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AXIS BANK CONSOLIDATED CHARGES

varun__goel_

TF Prestige
Hey, I was thinking of opening a liberty savings account in Axis Bank. I want to know do they really charge like hell in name of consolidated charges or are these just rumours? What all they do charge other than those mention in their fees and charges structure? And do UPI transaction on merchant qr valid for mab charges waiver?

The virtual card Axis is offering currently with digital Savings Account is E-Debit Card.
As per Product Page it is chargeable.
But sometimes Product page is not updated
Better to confirm with customer care over E-Mail so that you can block it if it is chargeable and you are not interested in it
E debit card is totally different, you can find it in your app> accounts> view card. It comes with one on one movie offer and 2000 edge points for 1 lac spends in a year. Also 200 rs cashback on 20k spend (1% upto 200rs)
I had an online chat and called customer care too, both are saying e-debit card and virtual card are same and hargeble. So, I asked them why wasn't I charged in last 6 months, and they had no idea. I literally have no use of that card, so as a precautionary measure I have closed the card. Will close
But again, these customer care guys don't have idea about product. While opening liberty account also, they did not know that spending 25K waves off mab charges and I had to fight with them, so again no help from them too.

I had an online chat and called customer care too, both are saying e-debit card and virtual card are same and hargeble. So, I asked them why wasn't I charged in last 6 months, and they had no idea. I literally have no use of that card, so as a precautionary measure I have closed the card. Will close
But again, these customer care guys don't have idea about product. While opening liberty account also, they did not know that spending 25K waves off mab charges and I had to fight with them, so again no help from them too.
I have go through the Axis Website.

As per My Findings:-
For Easy Access Digital Ac
E-Debit Card is chargeable-590
Physical Online rewards Card- Nill.

For Liberty Digital
Physical Liberty DC is Chargeable

E-Debit- Complimentary.
Since complimentary is written on website that means It is free for Liberty Digital

@VISHESH_BANSAL Can you see what variant is your virtual debit card. When I asked the CC guy how can I see my virtual card, he told me that I can't see it in app and have to contact branch. But it can be seen accounts tab --> savings account ---> view virtual card on bottom left. I have blocked mine, so cant confirm.

I go through the Axis Website.

As per My Findings:-
For Easy Access Digital Ac
E-Debit Card is chargeable-590
Physical Online rewards Card- Nill.

For Liberty Digital
Physical Liberty DC is Chargeable

E-Debit- Complimentary.
Since complimentary is written on website that means It is free for Liberty Digital Account
where is complimentary written ?

@VISHESH_BANSAL Can you see what variant is your virtual debit card. When I asked the CC guy how can I see my virtual card, he told me that I can't see it in app and have to contact branch. But it can be seen accounts tab --> savings account ---> view virtual card on bottom left. I have blocked mine, so cant confirm.
My Account was opened offline.
And Digital Liberty Account was introduced later.

I do not have E-DC.

I meant to say that e-debit and debit card are different and have different benefits. Both gets issued at same time and they don't change for both. I also confirmed this from cc and it's also obvious that nobody wants to pay for two debit cards though I am not sure if you close debit card , they will charge for e debit card or not.

Lekin mujhe to chuna laga diya.. I was not able to recall that virtual card was complimentary and then I saw in this thread about 500 charge, called CC, they also told same, had a chat also, there also same 500 charge.. So decided to close it..
Now that I can see about this complimentary card, have mailed them to explain why mujhe chuna lagaya.

Lekin mujhe to chuna laga diya.. I was not able to recall that virtual card was complimentary and then I saw in this thread about 500 charge, called CC, they also told same, had a chat also, there also same 500 charge.. So decided to close it..
Now that I can see about this complimentary card, have mailed them to explain why mujhe chuna lagaya.
M jab tak khud verify na karu m belive hi nhi karta.
And you blocked it immediately

Axis is "ma-kan-chor" , Axis is No-1, in deducting charges , Axis can forgot to give Points on Credit Cards but will never forget to Deduct charges for a chargeable product

Last edited:
7hviuv.jpg
Truth is they issue is for free, there is no annual charge and they won't issue it to someone opening account offline.

I asked bank guy about consolidated charges , he explained why I got them according to months and I was like why not just TELL ME IN FREAKING STATEMENT, I was getting charges for putting cash in atm
Cash Txns is the most common reason for Hefty Consolidated charges

Axis deduct such charges once a month instead of deducting it after the txn is done.

Next Month Axis be like: kaisa laga Mera surprise

Last edited:
Hey, I was thinking of opening a liberty savings account in Axis Bank. I want to know do they really charge like hell in name of consolidated charges or are these just rumours? What all they do charge other than those mention in their fees and charges structure? And do UPI transaction on merchant qr valid for mab charges waiver?
If you want to taste consolidated charges just open any axis saving/current account. Actually most of income of axis bank runs on customers consolidated charges.

If you maintain MAB correctly then no problem.. for me debit card charges ( i changes to ATM chip card which is free but only you can use at ATM, no online or pos) , sms charges 19rs/quarter....

If you miss something like auto debit for mf or anything then they will Charge PERFECTLY.....

Back