• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Burgundy vs. Standard Chartered Priority vs. HDFC Imperia

I do have some questions about Axis Burgundy though and I could use your advice, guys.
  1. Should I apply for the Axis Select Card which is LTF for Burgundy customers? Or should I wait and apply for the next best CC from them (within the fee range that I'm ok with; ₹10-15k)? They have been launching some attractive cards recently. Perhaps I should wait and see which card they introduce to replace the Axis Burgundy.

2. @venkateshr Given that the Burgundy DC no longer earns you Reward Points for CC bill payments, did you find a workaround to still earn points?

3. Has anyone here used the Axis Burgundy family banking? I want to bring in my mom to the program. Do I open for her a regular zero balance savings account and then get it upgraded to Burgundy by linking it with mine? Or should I directly open for her a Burgundy account and then link it with mine?
Thanks.
1. Yes you can apply. You can get other cards also at later date easily with Axis. However Select LTF is not a great card now. Very mediocre. Your HDFC millenia can be better at times than select. If you want good card, go with Axis Atlas. Or other cards such as Olympus if they are giving to non Citi customers
2. Burgundy DC is useless now. There are no ways left to get reward points on cc bill payments. Good thing is BMS 1+1 offer and lounge access with 5K spending in previous month
3. You need to open Burgundy account for her with 5L initial funding directly. Then link the account and then withdraw the cash if you want to. It will remain as Burgundy. But initial funding of 5L and bugundy account opening is required

P.S: You can easily apply for DCB metal via C2C method via branch. You need to have an existing non co-branded credit card from any issuer for more than a year and have a limit of at least Rs 5 Lakh on it.

1. Yes you can apply. You can get other cards also at later date easily with Axis. However Select LTF is not a great card now. Very mediocre. Your HDFC millenia can be better at times than select. If you want good card, go with Axis Atlas. Or other cards such as Olympus if they are giving to non Citi customers
2. Burgundy DC is useless now. There are no ways left to get reward points on cc bill payments. Good thing is BMS 1+1 offer and lounge access with 5K spending in previous month
3. You need to open Burgundy account for her with 5L initial funding directly. Then link the account and then withdraw the cash if you want to. It will remain as Burgundy. But initial funding of 5L and bugundy account opening is required

P.S: You can easily apply for DCB metal via C2C method via branch. You need to have an existing non co-branded credit card from any issuer for more than a year and have a limit of at least Rs 5 Lakh on it.
Thanks. #2 and #3 are clear to me. Re: #1, I thought about getting Atlas (paid), but it has undergone way too many devaluations and I suspect it’ll be devalued further. Unless they give it as an LTF, I don’t feel like paying for a card like this.

Olympus seems great, but I’m not comfortable paying so much for a CC at this point. Maybe I’ll think about getting it in a few months. Right now, I’m looking for something within ₹10-15k.

So my options are - I get the Select LTF for now and surrender it in exchange for a better card later, or just wait and get a better card whenever that comes. Which route would you recommend?

P.S. HDFC refused DCB Metal (paid) even on a C2C basis. You can clearly see which cards have I got in my original post. I’m never going back to HDFC.

Should I apply for the Axis Select Card which is LTF for Burgundy customers?
No need to apply separately, ask your RM. Only swiggy offer is good.
should I wait and apply for the next best CC from them (within the fee range that I'm ok with; ₹10-15k)?
Only Atlas is in that range but for GiftEdge, have to look for alternative options
Perhaps I should wait and see which card they introduce to replace the Axis Burgundy.
Didn't get this.
Has anyone here used the Axis Burgundy family banking?
✋
Do I open for her a regular zero balance savings account and then get it upgraded to Burgundy by linking it with mine? Or should I directly open for her a Burgundy account and then link it with mine?
Your RM will do everything for you, just command him/her.

I'm a 32-year-old resident of Mumbai whose monthly salary meets the eligibility criteria for all 3 banking programs mentioned above. Currently, I'm a Imperia Banking customer with HDFC Bank (although I've never felt like one).

Despite being a loyal customer of HDFC for almost a decade, having an excellent credit score, and consistently clearing my credit card dues before the due dates, my requests for HDFC Infinia (paid / LTF) have always been rejected. My RM is totally useless.

I currently hold Diners Club Millenia CC (downgraded from Diners Club Miles when the latter was discontinued) and Tata Neu Infinity CC, both from HDFC. I also hold Amex Platinum Travel CC, which in fact is my primary CC.

Bottom line - I haven't received any significant benefits from being an Imperia Banking customer, so I've decided to switch my salary account from HDFC to another bank.

My (first ever) question to the TF community: Which banking program would you recommend for me? Or should I stick with HDFC Imperia?
Since I also hold imperia saving and current account, n you get a single thing out of it expect 750/- cb on bill payment. Plus don't expect ltf premium cc from hdfc specially until it private or 5cr saving account to be honest

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV
No need to apply separately, ask your RM. Only swiggy offer is good.

I did ask my RM. He only called a bank agent for me. I still had to apply separately with all the necessary paperwork. I don't know to what extent the process was facilitated, if at all.

Your RM will do everything for you, just command him/her.

The results greatly depend on how experienced and efficient an RM one happens to get.

My first one was a good person, albeit apparently helpless in the face of the pervading bank culture inspite of the best of intentions.

Axis, in my experience, is not nearly as professionally run as some other banks, including HDFC. One department doesn't necessarily know what another is doing, with seemingly no handshaking between them. The overall customer satisfaction goes down the drain.

My second RM was absolutely worthless. Currently I don't have any RM, which is perhaps a good thing.

With 45 lakhs Income tax you can apply directly for Infinia.

Deposit 10 lacs and open a Burgundy account and ask the relationship manager to apply for the Magnus burgundy card after 90 days cooling off period, because you need to have 10 lacs average monthly balance in your Burgundy savings account.

But you will have to pay 35400 joining and annual fee. It may not be worth it
You will need to spend a lot on Traveledge Grabdeals & Giftedge to recover the cost

I do have some questions about Axis Burgundy though and I could use your advice, guys.
  1. Should I apply for the Axis Select Card which is LTF for Burgundy customers? Or should I wait and apply for the next best CC from them (within the fee range that I'm ok with; ₹10-15k)? They have been launching some attractive cards recently. Perhaps I should wait and see which card they introduce to replace the Axis Burgundy.

2. @venkateshr Given that the Burgundy DC no longer earns you Reward Points for CC bill payments, did you find a workaround to still earn points?

3. Has anyone here used the Axis Burgundy family banking? I want to bring in my mom to the program. Do I open for her a regular zero balance savings account and then get it upgraded to Burgundy by linking it with mine? Or should I directly open for her a Burgundy account and then link it with mine?
Thanks.

I have the Select as LTF. It comes as a default card under the Burgundy program. Your RM should offer it or the app itself would show it in a month's time. They had 20% off on Bigbasket (once a month) which was useful to me. Now it has been reduced to ~16.6% as coupon is applicable only above 3k purchase giving max 500 off.

Select gives 10RP / Rs. 200 spend. Standalone basis it is not useful as conversion to miles is a poor ratio (i think 10:1). If you have Magnus Burgundy (MB) cc, my understanding is still the pts convert at 5:4 which is attractive. My Select honestly is just lying there and i use it only once per month for Bigbasket (sometimes for Swiggy but also has now a higher bill pmt for discount). If you can get the MB card at some time, you can shift your spends there to get good benefits (minding all the exclusions). (I have MB & Select - both LTFs and Atlas (paid))

The Burgundy DC is effectively nixed with all the devaluations. It is not useful except for the BMS offer. I do not use it nowadays and it does not give any rewards for CC bill pmts. I sometimes use my StanC infinite card for that.

I just had two final questions regarding Axis Burgundy.
  1. When you block and replace your Burgundy MasterCard debit card, you obviously get a new Burgundy MasterCard debit card as a replacement. But does your virtual VISA e-debit card also get replaced automatically?
  2. Let’s say that a female account holder changes her last name post marriage and updates her new full name in her bank records. What name will appear in her replaced Burgundy MasterCard debit card (virtual section) and the VISA e-debit card (assuming this does get replaced)? Will it be the name she had when she opened the account, or her updated name?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi welcome to Burgundy account cafe:
1.No
2.Currently what’s wife’s aadhar and pan name thats final
I too took select card since its ltf and use it for provisions only
Any day atlas and Magnus for Burgundy account is best rewards

Thanks. The only reason I asked that unusual question was because I was trying to decide whether to bring my fiancé to Axis Burgundy right away or wait until after we are married and she changes her name. I think I know now what I must do.

Back