HDFC regalia Gold vs Standard chartered ultimate vs SBI BPCL octane rupay

sudhanshu22

Hi all,
I am looking for a card which gives me good rewards in online purchases and grocery/fuel purchases. But my high volume purchases are in flight tickets and hotels. I have shortlisted these cards. Not looking to pay too much annual fees.
1. HDFC regalia gold card: good flight/hotel offers
2. Standard chartered ultimate card: 1point equals one rupee.
3. SBI BPCL octane rupay credit card: My fuel expenses are around 8K per month. Also, Rupay can be used in UPI.

Which card should I go for ?

Hi all,
I am looking for a card which gives me good rewards in online purchases and grocery/fuel purchases. But my high volume purchases are in flight tickets and hotels. I have shortlisted these cards. Not looking to pay too much annual fees.
1. HDFC regalia gold card: good flight/hotel offers
2. Standard chartered ultimate card: 1point equals one rupee.
3. SBI BPCL octane rupay credit card: My fuel expenses are around 8K per month. Also, Rupay can be used in UPI.

1 - axis atlas & amed plat (4 lakh on both)
Regalia make sense at 7.5 lakh spend so better take atlas & amex

2-online get Cashback card - millennia cc , sbi cashback card, hsbc cashback card,

3 fuel - axis iocl was best( ok when ltf now ) not recommended if u fuel up less than 400.
Sbi BPCL octane ( rupay released but no one has it ) 6.25 effective. Recommended if BPCL pump is there
All around will be amex mcc or gold charge

There are so many thread individually on all 3 type of cards .

++ @DocFixIt

- you need a good rewards card for online purchases, and grocery/fuel purchases.
- but have high purchases in flight tickets and hotels.

so, does that mean you want a card for those categories which you can able to redeem for flights/hotels?

- not looking to pay too much annual fees.

you have listed 5900rs. card, how much is too much according to you?

------------

1. Yes, good if you achieve those milestones and can able to redeem for flight/hotels.
2. Technically on paper, yes. 1 RP = 1Rs. but did you check those redemption options, found any useful? If you didn't find anything useful there, it doesn't matter if card gives you 10%, because at the end you won't use those vouchers and effectively you'll get 0%. Check once, latest options (there are several posts about this card, use search once and decide).
3. Yes, can be used for grocery/fuel purchases but able to redeem for fuel only.

you listed, can be redeemed for airmiles vs can only redeemed shopping vouchers vs can only redeemed for fuel spends (all three are different).

you're requirement can be adjusted with Regalia Gold only for now. Others are irrelevant.

++ @DocFixIt

- you need a good rewards card for online purchases, and grocery/fuel purchases.
- but have high purchases in flight tickets and hotels.

so, does that mean you want a card for those categories which you can able to redeem for flights/hotels?

- not looking to pay too much annual fees.

you have listed 5900rs. card, how much is too much according to you?

------------

1. Yes, good if you achieve those milestones and can able to redeem for flight/hotels.
2. Technically on paper, yes. 1 RP = 1Rs. but did you check those redemption options, found any useful? If you didn't find anything useful there, it doesn't matter if card gives you 10%, because at the end you won't use those vouchers and effectively you'll get 0%. Check once, latest options (there are several posts about this card, use search once and decide).
3. Yes, can be used for grocery/fuel purchases but able to redeem for fuel only.

you listed, can be redeemed for airmiles vs can only redeemed shopping vouchers vs can only redeemed for fuel spends?

you're requirement can be adjusted with Regalia Gold only. Others are irrelevant.
Rg is hardly ltf nowadays for new PPL
+ Atlas 5900 fees is fairly compensated but yes if someone want to go low & slow on fees RG ISN'T BAD if you reach milestone

Rg is hardly ltf nowadays for new PPL
+ Atlas 5900 fees is fairly compensated but yes if someone want to go low & slow on fees RG ISN'T BAD if you reach milestone

OP requirement LTF?

I thought OP need one of the listed three cards, so Regalia Gold.

My suggestion is along with your post.. alternative recommendation. Its upto OP to choose what best?

sudhanshu22

Without jewellary/fuel/insurance, I don't think I can reach gold tier in axis atlas credit card. (7.5 lacs annual spend ). Less than 7.5 lacs, I will be getting 2500 edge miles. And , no edge miles for silver tier members(even when you pay annual fees of 5900).

In addition to current category exclusions, spends done on gold/ jewellery, rent, wallet, government institution, insurance, fuel and utilities will be excluded from EDGE Miles earn
 In addition to current category exclusions, spends threshold for Milestone achievement and Tier evaluation will exclude transactions done on Gold/ Jewellery, Rent, Wallet, Government Institution, Insurance, Fuel, and Utilities merchants

Without jewellary/fuel/insurance, I don't think I can reach gold tier in axis atlas credit card. (7.5 lacs annual spend ). Less than 7.5 lacs, I will be getting 2500 edge miles. And , no edge miles for silver tier members(even when you pay annual fees of 5900).

In addition to current category exclusions, spends done on gold/ jewellery, rent, wallet, government institution, insurance, fuel and utilities will be excluded from EDGE Miles earn
 In addition to current category exclusions, spends threshold for Milestone achievement and Tier evaluation will exclude transactions done on Gold/ Jewellery, Rent, Wallet, Government Institution, Insurance, Fuel, and Utilities merchants
Reward Rate 4* &10% on hotel & flight ( that's why I mentioned
For 4 -5 lakh it's good ( if u just do travel booking)for other u have amex plat .

You should list what's ur annual spend across categories

If u want on jwellery there is zen signature..
There is no one perfect cc rn like magnus was in past

sudhanshu22

I have one doubt. I have never used traveledge platform from axis bank. MMT gives 12% off up to 1500 on Wednesday. Can this offer be used on traveledge platform ?

Atlas specialty was getting rewards in direct booking. But now after devaluation in renewal rewards, so many exception, limitations on redemption, staying away from it is best option.
Regalia gold is a good all around card but only if your annual spend>5-6L and you would achieve it's quarterly milestones.

Many people have reported decreasing redemption option for sc ultimate. So better to stay away. Reward isnt that high that you should risk it.

You have good fuel spend. Bpcl octane is good. But many have reported not getting proper rewards. Are you OK with spending time tracking fuel spend rewards and mailing sbi? If you are OK with hpcl, can get icici hpcl supersaver rupay which also has lower fee. Or you can get iocl voucher from park+ using regalia gold which will help in reaching milestones as well.

After getting Regalia gold, chances of getting free neu infinity is pretty good. This will be useful for upi, grocery( bb), croma, And 5% off in tanishq as well. It will be useful for insurance payment as well but there are some limitations. Search for appropriate thread.

If you are able to get regalia gold against salary/itr then good. Other wise Regalia gold ltf offer on fd card is still going on. You would need 3.35L fd, which not a bad option if you were planning for some fd anyway. if annual spend<5L regalia gold paid doesn't make much sense.

sudhanshu22

Decided to go with HDFC millenia mastercard, applied through online. Can someone tell me how I can negotiate it to be LTF ? Also, I saw that through Park+, I can buy IOCL fuel vouchers at 2% discount. Any other place where I can get better fuel offers using this card ?

Decided to go with HDFC millenia mastercard, applied through online. Can someone tell me how I can negotiate it to be LTF ?
drop a mail, and ask them. If you have relationship speak with your RM and if not mail in best way.

Also, I saw that through Park+, I can buy IOCL fuel vouchers at 2% discount. Any other place where I can get better fuel offers using this card ?

smartbuy, HPCL - for now.