• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis-CIBIL blame game

RevEng

TF Select
  1. Does anyone else faced the issue of office address reported as rented residential address for Airtel Axis CC?
  2. Is Axis telling the truth? Can they really not update anything in CIBIL if I'm not a customer?
Background:

I'm not a Axis Bank customer and had applied for Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card. The card got declined for some reason. During the application process Axis Bank reported office address as rented residential address to CIBIL when pulling the credit report. Now I want to get this corrected.

When I reached out Axis Bank Nodal Officer and Principal Nodal Officer, I got a response saying they cannot change the demographic details since I'm not a Axis Bank customer. I was asked to get in touch with CIBIL.

When I reached out to CIBIL, I was told to get in touch with Axis Bank for the correction. CIBIL can not change anything without some institution asking it to do so.

After few more rounds of chasing Axis and CIBIL, I escalted this to RBI ombudsman and Axis Bank MD.

I got a call from someone from Axis repeating the same story that they can not help because I'm not a Axis Bank customer. The Axis person also tried to blame me saying that I might have entered office address in residential address. When asked if they have a proof of that, the person said that the whole process is automatic and they will not be able to provide a copy of what I have entered in Airtel Thanks App. Nowhere in the Airtel Axis Bank CC application process we get an option to select owned/rented address. So not sure where Axis pulled that from.

It seems that I'm stuck now.

Way forward now - just open an Axis account and get that cibil address issue sorted- then close account if not required.
They will state the same reason, inspite of having a account with them they won't correct it.

When I approached them they said that they cannot change the Incorrect details themselves and after chasing again and again they finally asked me to visit CIBIL office physically with kyc documents for correction. 😐
Like Wtf, finally I gave up

Typically axis being axis

They will state the same reason, inspite of having a account with them they won't correct it.

When I approached them they said that they cannot change the Incorrect details themselves and after chasing again and again they finally asked me to visit CIBIL office physically with kyc documents for correction. 😐
If any other bank updates your office address/residential address again - will this issue get resolved?

Leave it nothing gonna happen, I guess old address will be removed with new entries on cibil.
axis have merged my home and office address and both of these locations at different districts 😶

Typically axis being axis
They also asked me to visit cibil office in person.

1. Does anyone else faced the issue of office address reported as rented residential address for Airtel Axis CC?
  2. Is Axis telling the truth? Can they really not update anything in CIBIL if I'm not a customer?
Background:

I'm not a Axis Bank customer and had applied for Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card. The card got declined for some reason. During the application process Axis Bank reported office address as rented residential address to CIBIL when pulling the credit report. Now I want to get this corrected.

When I reached out Axis Bank Nodal Officer and Principal Nodal Officer, I got a response saying they cannot change the demographic details since I'm not a Axis Bank customer. I was asked to get in touch with CIBIL.

When I reached out to CIBIL, I was told to get in touch with Axis Bank for the correction. CIBIL can not change anything without some institution asking it to do so.

After few more rounds of chasing Axis and CIBIL, I escalted this to RBI ombudsman and Axis Bank MD.

I got a call from someone from Axis repeating the same story that they can not help because I'm not a Axis Bank customer. The Axis person also tried to blame me saying that I might have entered office address in residential address. When asked if they have a proof of that, the person said that the whole process is automatic and they will not be able to provide a copy of what I have entered in Airtel Thanks App. Nowhere in the Airtel Axis Bank CC application process we get an option to select owned/rented address. So not sure where Axis pulled that from.

What did RBI BO do ?

Background:

RBI ka danda hi kaam ayega is case me.

@VISHESH_BANSAL Aapka aur Axis ka relationship bada colourful hai. Aap kuch suggestions dijiye.

Background:

Are you sure wrong address details reported by Axis ?

Is it written in your report Axis reported that address ?

Background:

its really surprising how such fraud bank is 3rd largest bank. They have different ways to cheat customers.

its really surprising how such fraud bank is 3rd largest bank. They have different ways to cheat customers.
They are completely hopeless from level 1 support all the way upto the MD.

When I first raised this complaint, the nodal officer offered me another "pre-approved credit card" since the Airtel CC was denied.

Guess which card was "pre-approved" for me? A fd-based credit card.

axis.png

Background:

is this issue specific to axis airtel cc?

Background:

I have holding axis bank savings account last 14 years and 8 years old 2 credit cards. i have also face same problem when i was apply 3rd credit. many calls and email problems not solved.so i decided close all credit and saving account. my Aadhaar and pan card address same permanent address. axis bank updated my address wrong in cibil report.

Back