• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis denied 25K bonus points for Jan 2023

rammahajan

TF Buzz
Hello,

Axis Bank didn't credit bonus points for Jan 2023. I spent more than 1 lakh and it included an EMI of around 15000 INR (excluding EMI transaction it's around 93K). I asked a customer care executive in November 2022 and they told me that you would. not receive Regular Bonus Points but your EMI amount would be counted towards your 1 lakh milestone.
I am chasing Axis Bank and also mailed it to PNO and they are just telling me that you have not completed the milestone so you would not receive 25K bonus points. AFAIK, before March 2023 EMI transactions are not excluded for 1 lakh milestone.
Could somebody please throw some light?

FinGuru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The CC executive seems to have misguided you. EMI transactions are not counted for milestone benefits. T&Cs clearly mention the same.

Annual fees of Rs.10,000 + Taxes waived on spends of Rs.15 Lakhs and above in the preceding year

• Spends will be calculated as per the card anniversary year
  • Rental spends, Wallet transactions & EMI transactions are not considered

rammahajan

TF Buzz
The CC executive seems to have misguided you. EMI transactions are not counted for milestone benefits. T&Cs clearly mention the same.

Annual fees of Rs.10,000 + Taxes waived on spends of Rs.15 Lakhs and above in the preceding year

• Spends will be calculated as per the card anniversary year
  • Rental spends, Wallet transactions & EMI transactions are not considered
This one is for annual fee waiver and I think they just updated the T&C for the monthly 1 lakh milestone from March 2023, before that I think EMI transactions were included.

Ashritap

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had a transaction in Feb where the merchant category was listed as Cash withdrawal(though it was not a cash withdrawal). I did not get normal ER points for that. When I called up the customer care and enquired, they said it will still be eligible for the milestone. But, I will only know when the milestone benefit is credited. Fingers crossed 🤞

sacgup

TF Buzz
Banks can always find loopholes.
Similar thing happened to me for a partial refund but got saved.

I did a transaction of 1.07L in Dec and then got a refund of 20K in Jan.

The CC agent told me than refund of 20K would be adjusted in next month milestone calculation and I would have to spend 1.2L next month.

Since I was already expecting the refund I spent 20K more in Dec to make sure spend if 1L is crossed and spent 1.2L in Jan also.

I don’t trust anything agents says and spend 1L regular spends without any tricks.

25K bonus points is huge for taking risk for something a misguided agent is saying.

I had a transaction in Feb where the merchant category was listed as Cash withdrawal(though it was not a cash withdrawal). I did not get normal ER points for that. When I called up the customer care and enquired, they said it will still be eligible for the milestone. But, I will only know when the milestone benefit is credited. Fingers crossed 🤞
You need to ask them the MCC they see against the transaction. That will remove all your guesswork. Also never ever ever ever trust Axis Bank customer care.

CardTox

TF Premier
I did my last two txn on 29 and 30 April on bhtNxt and gyfter respectively in order to complete milestone. In my statement the txn date is rightly mentioned the same, i should get the bonus rewards... Lets see what happens.