• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus offering retention points!!

xbbjdmg

TF Buzz
Hi All,

Following a social media thread, i called up Axis Magnus CC today morning and told them about my intention to cancel the card as its getting devalued and other cards offering much better value. Also mentioned my previous spends so far. CC offered me 10K retention bonus points. Took me 10 mins and now this will sponsor a cool one night stay at courtyard Marriott Mahabaleshwar!

Try your luck guys!

I mailed instead of calling requesting 20k points but they rejected. (New card holder, card approved last week of july!)
It’s a bit random. Try another agent by calling again. I called to get 10k retention for Magnus that’s about few months old with good spends and ended up with 30k for my Reserve as retention

Exactly. He may not have the Reserve card. That's what I am trying to explain. First he got 10k, afterwards he got additional 20k.
Before they raise retention request, they confirm the last 4 digits of that particular card type and only then proceed to raise a tkt. So getting 30k without a Reserve card is not possible.

Is this happened with someone before:

I spoke to Magnus CC on Aug 17th and was offered 10k points as retention, received SR raised notification same time and it was closed after 7-8 hours and I again got email notification for closure but Today (Aug 19) it has been 2 days and no points have credited?? Any guidance or clue on this please???

have

I spoke to Magnus CC on Aug 17th and was offered 10k points as retention, received SR raised notification same time and it was closed after 7-8 hours and I again got email notification for closure but Today (Aug 19) it has been 2 days and no points have credited?? Any guidance or clue on this please???
you taken points before

Contact customer care and ask what the resolution was for the SR you raised. They will tell the info.

Exactly. He may not have the Reserve card. That's what I am trying to explain. First he got 10k, afterwards he got additional 20k.
Why are you still dreaming? How will bank award 20k extra if he has only Magnus? He implicitely mentioned in tweet that he has reserve. From what I can understand, he has both Magnus and Reserve. He claimed 10k for Magnus and later asked to give 20k difference in lieu of Reserve i.e. total 30k. He could have asked for 40k in total. 10k and 30k for Magnus and Reserve respectively.

Back